FlareGun45

FiM Short - Ail-icorn  

36 users have voted

1. 1. Rate the special

• It made me ill
    • Not a fan
    • It was okay
    • Liked it
    • I have a fever, and the only Rx is for this short!

9 hours ago, Twilight Luna said:

Now I want to see the same thing happen to Celestia and Luna. That would be funny.

Next time they're threatened with The Worf Effect, they could just OP-sneeze on the villain and call it a day. :laugh:

Edited by A.V.

Okay; I enjoyed the absolute hell out of that. Some of the funniest FiM material in a while. :D

Honestly, that was an amusing, and a little cute, short. However, Zecora has got to put warning labels on her potions from now on to warn of side effects. I don't think anyone expected Twilight to be regressed in age to a little Alicorn filly after being cured of her cold.

It was fun to watch and had an interesting premise. Actually, I think something similar to this would be fun to see in an actual episode. Twilight was adorable, and the random spells were hillarious.

Side-effect... let's say - poor Spike. :-D

• 2 weeks later...

Not a fan.  I dunno.  It was just weird.  Something about it.  It just felt like it doesn't fit into the lore of this world somehow.  I don't know why.  The magical mishaps just seemed to bizarre.  And I don't like unresolved things.  How/when is baby Twilight going to revert to normal size?  I'm probably being too nit-picky, but I'm gonna file this one away with My Little Shop of Horrors as one of the weirdest things in the G4 franchise that just don't belong.

Eh, nevermind.  It wasn't that weird.  It was fine.

Edited by Justin_Case001
  • Brohoof 1

3 minutes ago, Justin_Case001 said:

Not a fan.  I dunno.  It was just weird.  Something about it.  It just felt like it doesn't fit into the lore of this world somehow.  I don't know why.  The magical mishaps just seemed to bizarre.  And I don't like unresolved things.  How/when is baby Twilight going to revert to normal size?  I'm probably being too nit-picky, but I'm gonna file this one away with My Little Shop of Horrors as one of the weirdest things in the G4 franchise that just don't belong.

We've seen magic do plenty of weird things though? There's Poison Joke, a whole plant that revolves around playing weird pranks on ponies, including shrinking them, changing their voice, making their horn go limp and floppy, etc. There's the magical Zap Apples which have all sorts of weird requirements for their quality, like painting polka dots on the walls. There's Swamp Fever which makes you cough bubbles and slowly turns you into a tree. We've seen Alicorn magic be super destructive when out of control, like with Flurry Heart. We've also seen Twi or other ponies do all sorts of weird stuff with magic, like make orange/frog hybrid things, or Trixie's tea-cup poodle abomination. There's also Discord and his...everything. Honestly, the stuff in this short is pretty tame in comparison to some of those, it fits pretty well with some of the strange magic we've seen over the series.

The complaint about things being unresolved I think is pretty valid though, but as a short mostly just for fun I personally don't think it matters much, but I can see why it'd bother you.

• Brohoof 1

12 minutes ago, BasementSparkle said:

We've seen magic do plenty of weird things though? There's Poison Joke, a whole plant that revolves around playing weird pranks on ponies, including shrinking them, changing their voice, making their horn go limp and floppy, etc. There's the magical Zap Apples which have all sorts of weird requirements for their quality, like painting polka dots on the walls. There's Swamp Fever which makes you cough bubbles and slowly turns you into a tree. We've seen Alicorn magic be super destructive when out of control, like with Flurry Heart. We've also seen Twi or other ponies do all sorts of weird stuff with magic, like make orange/frog hybrid things, or Trixie's tea-cup poodle abomination. There's also Discord and his...everything. Honestly, the stuff in this short is pretty tame in comparison to some of those, it fits pretty well with some of the strange magic we've seen over the series.

Yeah, you're right, you're right.  I take it back.  It was fine.  Maybe it bothers me that she seemed to have zero control over it.  She coulda killed somepony!  Like, I dunno... turn your head away from your friends when you sneeze or something?  It always bothers me on tv when people sneeze right into something and make no attempt to cover their mouth or turn their head.  I dunno-- maybe if she tried to cover her horn, it would have just f*cked up her hoof.  :/

• Brohoof 1

2 minutes ago, Justin_Case001 said:

Yeah, you're right, you're right.  I take it back.  It was fine.  Maybe it bothers me that she seemed to have zero control over it.  She coulda killed somepony!  Like, I dunno... turn your head away from your friends when you sneeze or something?  It always bothers me on tv when people sneeze right into something and make no attempt to cover their mouth or turn their head.  I dunno-- maybe if she tried to cover her horn, it would have just f*cked up her hoof.  :/

Well, from watching the short a few of those sneezes came on fast enough that she might just not have had enough time to do so. I know from experience some sneezes can sneak up so fast you can't really react in time before suddenly you've sneezed. In other cases, yeah, trying to block it herself might have just made her cast some weird spell on herself. Some of them she probably at least could have tried to turn her head away, yeah, but her friends scrambling around in a panic means she might just hit them anyway.

Honestly, everypony else probably should have just stayed out of the room. Plus points to them for being supportive and caring friends, Minus points for lack of health and safety precautions.

• Brohoof 1

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

I feel really bad for Twilight in this short. That swollen horn looks painful. :wacko: And imagine what was going through her head when she age-regressed :blink:

But anyway, this has always been a short I've found super memorable. Rainbow Dash's sound-effect talk cracked me up when I first saw this. And icy Fluttershy...well she is a really "cool" pony :catface:

In general I do have a soft spot for episodes where friends take care of each other while they're sick. Perhaps that, and the funny moments throughout, is why I've always found this short so memorable. :mlp_smile:

• 9 months later...