Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

web Article 13 is back

Plonkett

"Germany caved in to France."

Well thank you for being spineless as usual. :dry:

I will write my MEPs and try to find others, in the hope to save what there is to save.

Edited by Mesme Rize
  • Brohoof 1

I think it is time for the US to impose or threaten trade and economic sanctions. Further, we should state publicly that any US company will not comply with this and those that do will be hit with heavy fines. Basically, stick a middle finger to this BS. Because there has to be some sort of pressure as it seems to be the only thing authoritarians listen to. 

• Brohoof 3

"Article 13 was not shelved because a majority of EU governments have come to understand that upload filters are costly, error-prone and threaten fundamental rights."

What, you thought it was shelved because we had common sense? Please:dash:

8 minutes ago, Jedishy said:

I think it is time for the US to impose or threaten trade and economic sanctions. Further, we should state publicly that any US company will not comply with this and those that do will be hit with heavy fines. Basically, stick a middle finger to this BS. Because there has to be some sort of pressure as it seems to be the only thing authoritarians listen to. 

I can imagine that knowing the way Trump is, I doubt he'd bend the knee to something this stupid and have a mass exodus of supporters. Something like this in the US would guarantee no more r/thedonald after all. :nom:

• Brohoof 3

2 minutes ago, CloudMistDragon said:

I can imagine that knowing the way Trump is, I doubt he'd bend the knee to something this stupid and have a mass exodus of supporters. Something like this in the US would guarantee no more r/thedonald after all.

Oh yea. Social media and memes are what got him where he is. He would never risk that supporter base. That and if you wanted to see riots in the US this would likely be something that could kick that off. I wonder how on earth this does not have people in the streets across the EU.....

• Brohoof 3

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
29 minutes ago, TheRockARooster said:

Excuse me but what happened to the other 12 articles?

They aren't as bad (which isn't say they are all great, just not threatening the internet as-we-know-it)

6 hours ago, WWolf said:

How’s life in the EU wirh A13 right now :wacko: ? Has it gone into fruition yet?

they have 2 years time to make rules for it in each of there countries and what exactly is and is not, so straight right now, nothing really changed much yet

• Brohoof 1