Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

EG: Spring Breakout

Steve Piranha

6 hours ago, Steve Piranha said:

We got the name, and release date of the upcoming EG special, where we’ll see the first humans know going horses :mlp_icwudt:

Woo Hoo! I've been hoping for something like this to happen since, "Mirror Magic". 

This really sounds fun, Storm King return on top of a trip to ponyville? Storm King was horribly underutilized despite having a ton of potential, so glad to see that they aren't gonna abandon him completely is nice to hear. The fact that RD is gonna have a big part is icing on the cake(lets hope there's no bait and switch at least)

• Brohoof 2

http://www.tfrid.com/pictures/US/roop.JPG

From what I can tell from the description, this will be a follow up to the MLP Movie, and the after effects of the Storm King's messing with Equestrian Magic. 

So basically, Spring Breakdown is in a sense, MLP MOVIE 2 or 1.5 if you will.

Now you may ask how that is, well, back in the 80s, the '86 Transformers Movie came out, and many kids were hoping for another one (besides a 3rd season that is), then the season 3 finale debut on TV, entitled "The Return of Optimus Prime", which was a 2 parter., the reason I bring this up, is because when F.H.E. (Family Home Entertainment) released it on VHS later on (courtesy of Hasbro), the bottom back of the syspioss called it the must-see sequel to the Transformers Movie.

So if you apply that bit of Hasbro history to this new EQG special, then "Spring Breakdown" is serving as the sequel to the 2017 MLP Movie, if not 1.5 extension of the Movie.

Anyway, can't wait for the interactions in this one. :)

roop.jpg

Edited by bwrosas

• 1 month later...

I think fears of Dimensional Paradoxes would cause me to dread it. I mean, what if Human Rarity freaks about being NAKED as a pony?! It might be similar to how I depicted Human Rarity in a pic involving NSFW Equestria Girls models of Pinkie Pie, Fluttershy and Rarity (covering herself), I can't show you the pic, because I would get flagged, but it's on my DeviantART page.

It's bad enough that I had to learn about Dimensional Paradoxes from watching Sonic Boom (Any two versions of the same character in the same universe, and the universe will explode, which is why it's called Sonic Boom), does it really have to hamper my enjoyment of a MLP Special? I mean, if Sunset Shimmer lives in the EQG World, then how come her human counterpart isn't introduced, yet? Maybe she doesn't have one. Or is studying in a school run by PRINCIPAL BLUEBLOOD.

Edited by YoshiAngemon
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

Damn, forgot about this, it’s a tradition I only have a few times left doing here :mlp_yeehaa:

Totally missed the first day tho :dash:

Edited by Steve Piranha

5 minutes ago, Steve Piranha said:

Tomorrow is the day we see the first known humans going four legs good  :mlp_icwudt:

Let's hope it doesn't cause The Ponyverse to explode, like the events of Sonic Boom's "Eggman The Video Game" did.

https://www.deviantart.com/yoshiangemon/art/Boom-Shadow-Got-Owned-791389454

At this rate, I don't think the rules of the Sonic Boom Dimensional Paradox applies to Source Filmmaker, when I made the pic of Boom Shadow getting hit with a falling Clarabelle Cow. But that guy deserved it, because he's more Black-Hearted Evil than Brave-Hearted Hero!

Edited by YoshiAngemon

(edited)

This is it, a few hours left before the special :mlp_icwudt:. Too bad I have work today and won’t be able to see the live stream tho :dry:

Edit: me forgets to upload Majora’s Mask Final Hour music :muffins:

Edited by Steve Piranha

With the news of the SEGA Genesis Mini having 3-Button Pads, as well as Castlevania Bloodlines and ToeJam & Earl behind me, I only hope they don't play on the panicking as the Human Mane 6 become Ponies. Let's hope the Original Mane Six aren't in this, otherwise, the risk of Equestria blowing up would become real.

• Brohoof 1

As someone who really enjoys the EQG series this was something that I was pretty looking forward to.  Especially given what we knew about it from SDCC with the whole characters going to Equestria bit, which was definitely something to get excited for.  That along with me loving Forgotten Friendship and finding Rollercoaster of Friendship to be pretty fun, made me curious to see how this 44 minute special would turn out.

I find it funny how that the guy Rarity had a crush on looked exactly like a male version of Applejack.  Like even the show pointed that out with the main 5 being surprised when the saw both at the same time.  After Rollercoaster of Friendship, and now this, it can't just be a coincidence at this point.  EQG sure is giving off some Rarijack vibes.

There were some decent comedic moments here and there.  I especially liked Twilight and Rainbow's exchange where she said that they were just ordinary girls who just so happened to save the world multiple times.  I also liked Twilight's reaction to Sunset pushing Rainbow down the portal, and yeah her freak out over becoming a pony was pretty amusing.  I also really got a kick out of the juxtaposition of the remain 5 dealing with the storm on the boat and Sunset, Twilight, and Rainbow Dash having fun in Equestria.  I didn't expect them to go to Ponyville, so seeing that was a nice surprise, especially sense we don't really get to see Princess Twilight and Sunset Shimmer interact nearly enough in my opinon.

I liked how the conflict ended with trying to get everyone out of the boat and to safety instead of battle some random villain, I though it was refreshing for a change, and I like how their abilities were still utilized in that scenario.  There were some other decent action bits as well,

Over all I enjoyed this special.

• Brohoof 2

So; any thoughts on this special? I could tell plenty on EqD were annoyed with how Rainbow was portrayed, and yeah that did get aggravating, but overall found it was enjoyable.

• Brohoof 3

2 minutes ago, PathfinderCS said:

So; any thoughts on this special? I could tell plenty on EqD were annoyed with how Rainbow was portrayed, and yeah that did get aggravating, but overall found it was enjoyable.

I agree. I enjoyed the special

And even though the scenes with human turned ponies were brief, it'd be fun to come up with scenarios that happened offscreen with the "visitors" before they're sent home.

I really feel like this special could've benefitted from a rewrite because the first half took forever to get going. The second half was much better and it is nice to see there isn't a villain drunk on Equestrian magic to fight, a good chance of pace from the last two specials and the movies. 

Definitely loved the interactions between pony Twilight and the humans-turned-ponies characters! Also, Spike didn't have wings... maybe this special takes place sometime before Molt Down? 

17 minutes ago, EQ_Theta said:

I really feel like this special could've benefitted from a rewrite because the first half took forever to get going. The second half was much better and it is nice to see there isn't a villain drunk on Equestrian magic to fight, a good chance of pace from the last two specials and the movies. 

Definitely loved the interactions between pony Twilight and the humans-turned-ponies characters! Also, Spike didn't have wings... maybe this special takes place sometime before Molt Down? 

I'm starting to think that this took place before School Daze. I don't think Daimando will use Boom Shadow for his videos, because Boom Shadow lacks the proper flexes and such. Plus, TWO Shadow the Hedgehogs would be too edgy for the recap video. Just once, I'd like to hear him say "Oh, Shut up, you fake hedgehog! Ughhhh..."

boom_shadow_got_owned__by_yoshiangemon_d

Edited by YoshiAngemon

29 minutes ago, PathfinderCS said:

So; any thoughts on this special?

I thought it was pretty good.

Spring Breakdown Spoilers

Spoiler
  • The after credits from Friendship Games is canon since,  Princess Twilight wasn't in shock over seeing Sci-Twi. :pinkie:
  • I feel like they sunk the RariJack ship. No wonder Applejack was sick. :sunny:
  • I spotted the bucket of turnips from "Party of One" on The Friendship Map/table. 
  • I felt like there was a bit too much of Rainbow Dash being obnoxious. I understand why but I still felt like that went on for too long.  
  • NOW EVERYONE KNOWS WHERE EQUESTRIA IS! Great idea, Sunset Shimmer. :P

Edited by Sparklefan1234

24 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

I thought it was pretty good.

Spring Breakdown Spoilers

Hide contents
  • The after credits from Friendship Games is canon since,  Princess Twilight wasn't in shock over seeing Sci-Twi. :pinkie:
  • I feel like they sunk the RariJack ship. No wonder Applejack was sick. :sunny:
  • I spotted the bucket of turnips from "Party of One" on The Friendship Map/table. 
  • I felt like there was a bit too much of Rainbow Dash being obnoxious. I understand why but I still felt like that went on for too long.  
  • NOW EVERYONE KNOWS WHERE EQUESTRIA IS! Great idea, Sunset Shimmer. :P

I thought for certain that Equestria would blow up from too many Interdimensional Interlopers. I still thought that Sonic Boom's policy about why Boom Sonic and Modern Sonic must never meet is an excuse to keep dimensions from blowing up, hence why the show was called "Sonic BOOM!" Two Sonics must never meet or else the Universe Goes BOOM! What I mean is I thought Sonic Boom's Dimensional Paradox Laws apply to My Little Pony and Equestria Girls.

Edited by YoshiAngemon

55 minutes ago, EQ_Theta said:

Not only does Spike not have his wings, but there's no school of Friendship visible in the shots of Ponyville, either. Since the S8 opener supposedly takes place right after the movie, it would be logical to surmise the events in this special take place during the planning/early construction phases of the School of Friendship.

I agree with you (and many others) the first half was a slogfest. There wasn't anything particularly interesting going on during that time and the whole special could have been squeezed into 22 minutes and would have made it a better experience overall. I was annoyed with the teaser ending - I suppose it was meant to be funny, but it only made it feel like a missed opportunity.

EDIT: Additionally, seeing AJ constantly throw up into her mouth made me feel ill as well after the third time and is something I could have done without. =P

I would have preferred the second half we got took place in the first half, and then the second half would all be about the Humane characters being stuck in Equestria for a bit until they could use the other portal. I admit it would have been an odd story structure, though, having the climax at the halfway point and having the rest an extended denouement. I would have enjoyed it more, nonetheless.

I'm happy Spike got to have a speaking appearance. Though I think he spent more time grunting and snoring than he did talking, lol. They apparently gave up on hanging that Dali painting since it doesn't appear anywhere in S8. :)

I guess the stallion who saw two Rainbow Dashes at the same time fainted because he though the Mane 6 were dabbling with the Mirror Pond again and remembers what happened the last time? :laugh: Either that or perhaps he thought Chrysalis was back and that Rainbow Dash was a changeling?

Finally, Nick Confalone is secretly Trollestia. He put Humane Flash right in front of pony Twilight just to get a rise out of the fans. :orly:

Edited by Truffles
  • Brohoof 6

Spoilers plus a question:

Spoiler
  1. Did human Rainbow Dash's pony form have any noticeable differences like, a ponytail?

2. Both Twilight Sparkle's were *so* adorkable!

Edited by Sparklefan1234
  • Brohoof 2

Iunno why the Shadowbolts weren't there. Cause remember the yacht Spring Break trip alluded from Dance Magic? I know they wouldn't play a purpose in here, but a few unspoken cameos wouldn't hurt!

• Brohoof 1