Bas

answered Poniverse finances?

Is there a way to see them, esp the account balance and costs?

I mean, considering it is living off donations for the most (all?) part, wouldn't it make sense to be able to find them?

Also, what happens if the costs aren't covered, is there a single person or small group who just takes the bullet and fills in for the difference? :(

@Bas changed the title since some might not know what PV stands for. I’ll let the board pones address your question. 

• Brohoof 1

In short, no to both of your first questions. Private finance information is generally not available to the public. We're not publicly traded or anything like that.

As far as what happens in the event of a shortage, generally we'd probably try to make announcements first to try and get the funds necessary to keep operating, whether that be internally or from the community. There is no specific person.

• Brohoof 2

Badges

I see, so it is more of a "We will tell you once the air gets thin"-thing

6 hours ago, Bas said:

I see, so it is more of a "We will tell you once the air gets thin"-thing

If you are negative and want to needlessly tweak the users anxiety levels for nothing more than dropping a clever turn of phrase, I suppose. I think the healthier way of looking at it is, “Don’t worry about something until there is cause to worry.” 

You have a lot of extremely knowledgeable individuals guiding this ship, several of staff have a business background and have received training in corporate accounting. There is simply no need to worry people when there isn’t anything to fret about. I you have no faith in the capacity of staff, then there really isn’t anything Merc can say to alleviate that. 

As it stands, the absence of a fundraising drive to help MLPF means we don’t need it. That should be perfectly assuring to everyone that is concerned. We’re fine. 

That said, if anyone has any ideas on ways to make the Subscription system more enticing and worthwhile drop Merc or an Admin a suggestion. 

Thanks for the question. Moving to Site Questions and closing as answered. 

Closing as question was given the correct answer. Thanks for the question :D