26 users have voted

1. 1. What did you think?

• Hated it
    • Not a fan
    • It was okay
    • Liked it
    • Loved it

The next animated short is here:

I wanted Fluttershy and/or Pinkie Pie to get this one, yet despite that, we get more Rainbow Dash and Applejack, again!

Seems like the writers are not being good to Pinkie Pie anymore.

Therefore, as the first to vote on this poll, I picked "Not a fan".

Edited by FirePuppy
  • Brohoof 2

This one was fine until the ending ruined it, I don't like how RD/AJ collaborate and try to address what they did wrong and go to FS for advice, and still get snubbed in the end. That would have been like they have an episode addressing the issues of MMDW only to spend the last 3rd taking a massive shit on RD anyway(think The Washouts, except the 3rd act is replaced with Newbie Dash's)

Also
>Ignores that RD/AJ did managed to win it(even though the reasoning was mindnumbingly stupid)
>Still makes a sequel to it anyway

It's like they can't decide whether they want to forget that NCC exists or constantly rub in our faces that it exists(given that we already had another short that was more or less a spiritual successor)

Edited by This Whomps
  • Brohoof 1

I liked this one fine enough, honestly. My expectations for these shorts aren't big though, I'm mostly happy with them as long as they amuse me and this one managed to do that. That said, if the main reason Flutters keeps getting "Teacher of the month" is because of how fun she makes everything, I'm surprised she's actually the one getting it and not Pinkie. I'd figure Pinkie would actually be the one to make everything the most fun? Are we saying Fluttershy is more fun than Pinkie? :sealed::okiedokieloki:

• Brohoof 3

2 minutes ago, BasementSparkle said:

I liked this one fine enough, honestly. My expectations for these shorts aren't big though, I'm mostly happy with them as long as they amuse me and this one managed to do that. That said, if the main reason Flutters keeps getting "Teacher of the month" is because of how fun she makes everything, I'm surprised she's actually the one getting it and not Pinkie. I'd figure Pinkie would actually be the one to make everything the most fun? Are we saying Fluttershy is more fun than Pinkie? :sealed::okiedokieloki:

Rather ironic considering her swapped roles in Magical Mystery Cure  :dash:

• Brohoof 2

I think not having watched Non Compete Clause and so not being aware of any inconsistancies helped that short out massively for me. I thought it was fine. Very simple. Fluttershy always won because she genuinely seemed to want the students to be happy, and RD and AJ’s self interested attempts to game the system harmlessly backfired.

• Brohoof 2

The writer for this short was Katherine Chilson, whose only previous writing credits are Chomp Squad and a short titled Horse Sense, neither of which even have ratings on IMDB.

Please tell me she's not writing for the show in S9. Why can't this show keep the writers it has instead of giving us new ones every season?

Can't they at least warn Fluttershy before taking her picture? Darn kids...

This one was cute. I'd still like to see some of these Friendship is Magic shorts start moving out of their comfort zone - I still don't know why it can't be more like the Equestria Girls stuff, which finds some fresh angle for the characters every other episode - but I liked seeing Fluttershy being nice to the students. Makes me wonder if every room has a fancy light setup...

I sort of feel like the show doesn't give Applejack or Rainbow Dash enough credit lately, though.

It was cute fluff; nothing much more than that. No complaints here.

4 hours ago, AlexanderThrond said:

I sort of feel like the show doesn't give Applejack or Rainbow Dash enough credit lately, though.

I mean, this is the same team that made entire episodes for the sole purpose of punishing Rainbow Dash, including her milestone episode, and judging by the e-mail leaks they don't have a high opinion of Applejack either, so I wouldn't be surprised if either was the case

Edited by This Whomps

I'm still too soured by Non-Compete Clause to really enjoy this short. I'm glad it removed what I really hated about that episode, but I guess a monthly popularity contest for Teacher of the Month in a school about friendship just really rubs me the wrong way on some gut level too.

42 minutes ago, This Whomps said:

I mean, this is the same team that made entire episodes for the sole purpose of punishing Rainbow Dash, including her milestone episode, and judging by the e-mail leaks they don't have a high opinion of Applejack either, so I wouldn't be surprised if either was the case

It's a little weird because Rainbow Dash still gets a lot of episodes to herself despite coming across poorly in a lot of them. I dunno if the writers consider her to be an easy source of drama or what. 

I actually liked Non-Compete Clause, so I found this one decently entertaining. The twist ending was actually mildly amusing to me, though the question is begged about the process of the Teacher of the Month selection in it. Do the students...really just snap a picture of Fluttershy on the spot without any kind of actual voting process? And if Fluttershy has won sixteen times, does that mean that the school's been around for over a whole year already? Or do they just do "Teacher of the Month" whenever they feel like it? :dash:

The short was funny and I like the examples of what's a mane 6 class like.

What I still don't buy is how Applejack seems to be jealous of Fluttershy over such a thing as a popularity contest.

I definitely enjoyed the short, but its closeness to the worst episode of FiM gave it a bad atmosphere the whole way.

At least Applejack has her family to cheer her up with a surprise photo and a worthless title meant to make her feel better about herself called "Apple Family Member of the Month!" Rainbow Dash probably is awarded "Wonderbolt of the Month," for all the records she breaks, unless it's conduct that makes the award, and that Spitfire is hard to please. At least they're not like PINGAS-NOSE Squidward who doesn't care and only wants Celebrity Status, and will never succeed in anything with SpongeBob around, because SpongeBob is CUTER THAN DOTTIE WARNER! Had to go all those directions.

https://www.deviantart.com/yoshiangemon/art/Dot-Covering-Her-Nakedness-Up-756431883 - But seriously, do you think Dot is cute in the nude?

Edited by YoshiAngemon

Teacher of the Month is straightforward. No surprises or twists, but it’s serviceable and keeps both Dash and AJ both in character by competing for TotM without acting jealous or reckless.

(edited)

Not a fan simply because Fluttershy hogging the wall for 18 months straight. It doesn't matter who just pick anypony else for the Teacher of the Month award

Edited by R.D.Dash