Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

critique wanted Hasbro MLP FIM TV Series Clones Or something that totally stand out ?.

RaphLuna

Been writing up Stories Like Crazy for my Novel series. Designing many new Creatures and Species..

So I'm looking for peoples input.

Many are Familiar With Hasbro MLP Designs of their Franchise creations here. So I figure this would be the best place to ask...

Look at these designs and compare them to Hasbro MLP Franchise Designs.. Do they look the same or stand out...?

578379624_JulietteDewDropoldandNewStyle.thumb.png.fb9b29c3c9ab105564bd362a1020b74a.png586920914_RossForestoldandnew.thumb.png.4746d3a387f0d3f34aaef113fd11b5d5.png

Please share and feel free to give your honest opinion.

Which ones look like Hasbro  MLP FIM TV series Style  and Which ones Do Not?

Thank You

Edited by RaphLuna

5 hours ago, Usager said:

all being equine related doesnt help imo

Your argument is weak, please let me explain.

Definition of equine : of, relating to, or resembling a horse or the horse family

That is like saying Dreamworks can not make a  movie and TV series about equines . Because Hasbro  made a TV series and Movies about Equines first.

In copyright law you can not Copyright idea's..this to to prevent other from holding a monopoly preventing  uniqness and Creativity from others.  Common sense.

That argument will never hold in court.

Hope I was able to help you better understand law..

Here is a Link to the Copyright Process..

I paid the Legal Lawyer frees to get Copyright for Both Artistic, Written,  and Poetic works since they are all intertwined within my creation.

I sent them my creative designs and written works both the stories and the poetic parts.

Took months

I got the phone call from my lawyer my Copyright has be approved by the Copyright Government of Canada and so I received my Copyright Certificate. I have officially succeeded in having my creation Copyright Registered.

"'The Story of Crystal Frost, and the Kingdom of Long Heart Stone And Beyond.''

I also get a Registration Number. So now I legally allowed to do anything I please with my creation. Since I now hold copyright to what I created.

If I did not meet the requirement for copyright, I would have never got my Copyright certificate. However since everything passed, I own all. This is officially my property.

To be honest I found Hasbro ponies generic and boring lacking originality and Creative story.

Now don't get me wrong they were very creative at the start.  I do cherish the MLP G1 Ponies... I own many of them, over 200. They are my Grail favorite toys. What made the G1 toy line Stand out above everything from MLP franchise, was how special unique and Creative they were.  Granted the bodies in each line where the same clone mode, however Hasbro really went all out for Uniqueness and Creativity, this is where they shine the most.

Even the G1 original series had some great storytelling, and our family loves the MLP Tales series, its beautifully done

Reboot  G2 the ponies design did not look like clone from the first I will give them that however they were skinny and hard bodies more like action figures, did not like them, their line was cut short. Guess many people felt the same way I did too.

Gen 3 came along the pony clones Began, more like clones and lacked creativity. Just tweaked to be something new, granted they did create a Mega Size Frilly Frocks Mail Order. Many people struggled to get the plush receiving rejection letters, got mine in the mail, end up giving it away to Charity.  sadly lacked in story and no I will never forgive Hasbro for Rainbow Dash ''Darling'' repetitive word...yes I was obsessed in this toy line, I will give them credit, it was designed close like the G1 so maybe that was why, however when I realized they were just clones for each other only tweaked, still lacking real creativity from the G1. I quit the buying binge.

G 3.5  reboot chubby cute look. Still cloned and tweaked.  and the stories were more Preschool Style... Yawn...hated this toy line, no real story telling. Then again it was made for preschoolers not adults.

then G4 Reboot. MLP FIM series stories were epic, however as Time went by, they stat to loose their magical lure with the princess in distress repetion. And this one was the worst for cloning characters.

Granted they did get creative yet bulk of the characters were clones.. Hated that toy line

When I created my Characters, I wanted to create something that totally sands out from the Sea of Clones..

I love Clydesdale horses, they are my Grail Favorite Species on the Planet. I love their Furry hooves and the patch on their forehead.

I wanted with all my heart to create something so Elegant and beautiful. And I said to myself they will all have the furry hooves look.

So I styled them to look like Clydesdale pony like creatures. Getting more creative adding more to give it that personal touch.

Cly from Clydesdale
Ony from pony

And so the word Clyony is born. A Special Tribute the the Clydesdale horses I hold so dear to my heart. A special way to honor such beautiful creatures that exist in our world.

Im not going to Lie, Hasbro will not take to Kindly to any Rivals that come on the scene. And when I make my next move to publish, coloring books and novels. 

And when many people start to love what I built and created, and jump off the MLP fan Ship, in favor of what the rival has created.

They will go over what I created with a fine tooth comb to find anything they can use against me and what I created to sue.

Im not worried or afraid. And No I'm not bragging here, I love what I created, and the MLP G1 is Still Epic in both design and creative storytelling.

People are intelligent, they know the difference, to original creativity and a clone.

They know the difference to Epic Storytelling and random stories tossed in to fill empty space. That that take them from a roller coaster of excitement to a merry go round or repetition.

People will go to the ones with the Best Storytelling and The most creative design work. And when

MLP VS Lands of the Clyony

Become rivals whoever has the best of the two storytelling and creativity will come out on top.

Its common sense.

As much as pizza lovers love Pizza, even they too will not stick to only one food, and who knows after trying many different foods, they might discover something better than pizza. And that will become their new Loved food.

6 hours ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

The "Clyony" on the bottom sort of reminds me of Sunburst, TBH. 

He is totally Different and unique and has rare Powers. In Story wise he is very fleshed out. And he has both a good and Evil side...

In other words when her turns evil his body coat and birthmark changes color too the only thing that stays the same in the two tone eye color,.

759382828_SunEclipseSwirl.Youth.thumb.png.ed8efb84472cd2abbe6435c604686e4c.png

1888535433_SunEclipseSwirlMoonEclipseSwirloneinthesame.thumb.png.86e830fd5663813b83aec56dbca86ac0.png

When a character is created it depends no only on their looks, but the story that they are connected to. The far more creative unique in story wise , the far more strong of a hold to their copyright.. Here is far more to this character than just looks and he is not one color in the story for his color changes, to a far more dark villian.

His designs and story has already been submitted to my lawyer. If there was a problem there would have been a delay with copyright. However I did not endure delay and my creations passed.

Looks is only part of the copyright process, the story has to be really creative and totally unique in other to pass the copyright process.

Sunburst is a clone just tweaked, true he has a role in the MLP story however my character has a bigger role in what I created, and he is far more, fleshed out. Good and Evil, color coat changing to reflect one or the other. With the on,y thing that remains the same is the two tone eye color.

Its very important to understand the copyright process.. And yes bulk of it is Common sense.

Edited by RaphLuna

Im sorry tl;dr xd

Do this, show them to a stranger out this forum and dont mention mlp or a page where tags can be modified.

They are too similar to what you see in ocs.

This is just my opinion tho, i dont recall other series with toon or colorised horses.

1 hour ago, Usager said:

Im sorry tl;dr xd

Do this, show them to a stranger out this forum and dont mention mlp or a page where tags can be modified.

They are too similar to what you see in ocs.

This is just my opinion tho, i dont recall other series with toon or colorised horses.

I have over 30 Species created and that is not including the six you see here. And not including the ones I have yet to add.,

You can see the species here..

https://www.deviantart.com/landoftheclyony/gallery/66013828/Charectes-in-Ny-Novel-Series

Just because a fan makes fan art  of  mlp characters made by their own creative original style,

Does not automatically merit Hasbro owns the rights to that particular unique style.

True the character is still theirs, however the style is still owned by the fan.

Hasbro can only argue if I clone their characters?

Just because 50 fan style twilight in their unique creative styles does not make the style theirs.

Hope I was able to clarify.

When you think about two TV series.

Simpsons

King of the hill

Family guy

Three families  the fathers from all three main families are chubby, wear pants, and t shirts and are people. Two with blue pants one with green, t shirt all white

They are similar in some areas,  yes still different in others.

True they are still similar, focus on the man family cast, yet their stories are totally different and stand out.

The more original the work, design wise story wise,  the stronger the claim

Common sense

1 hour ago, Usager said:

Im sorry im slow xd

I was posting on how a fan may view the character but checked the title again.

Sorry :mlp_icwudt:

No, they dont look like hasbro characters. 

No Problem Friend.

I do not have to worry about Fans and what they do. Its Hasbro that will go over my creation, to make sure it does not infringe on their MLP franchise. 

They be stupid to sponge off what I created, I will have legal ground to sue them,  be dumb to try and C&D me or my Two Partners.  I will respond. Bring it On.

"Im very intelligent to educate myself with copyright laws and the rules. Yes Common sense overrules everything.

I plan to further Franchise my Creation. In advance I have Lion Cub Creations professional Plush Designer. And Alex Blue Bird Professional Illustrator. As my Partners in this brand new world of creativity and they will Join me when I make my move to Franchise.

and down the Road, when our creativity becomes well known and grows in Success, we will partner with one of the entertainment industries to bring what we created to life on the Big Screen and small screens around the world.

This is huge project.

That reminds me I got another creative story to write, the video in my head keeps playing and I can not wait to write it out and add it to our creations.

Thank You for understanding what I was trying to clarify to many in the first place.

Hugs

Laurie Ann Garland

Edited by RaphLuna

Unfortunately, copyright is only part of the equation. You need to be concerned about Trademark, which is similar form to Copyright, but is legally independent. Nearly all the takedown notices against fan-works by Hasbro have cited the Trademark laws, not the Copyright ones. Trademark doesn't have the 'Fair Use' clauses and similar things that Copyright has. It's far more strict. So your story, characterizations, powers and abilities, are all fairly irrelevant. Hasbro's real interest is whether the *appearance* of your characters are sufficiently similar in art-style to be mistaken for MLP, and they're likely going to check against every iteration of MLP: multiple generations and media appearances. So the animations, comics, box art, etc. of G1 through G4, and they have likely already trademarked the G5 art styles whatever those will really end up being.

You've already stated you've consulted with a copyright lawyer, and spent a lot of money on that. You should check to make sure that they have considered this from a Trademark perspective as well, as that's whats going to bite you. Unfortunately, most of the copyright lawyers that I have talked to admit that they don't volunteer the fact they don't handle Trademark issues unless you press them about it.

• Brohoof 1

On 2/13/2019 at 4:35 PM, Fhaolan said:

Unfortunately, copyright is only part of the equation. You need to be concerned about Trademark, which is similar form to Copyright, but is legally independent. Nearly all the takedown notices against fan-works by Hasbro have cited the Trademark laws, not the Copyright ones. Trademark doesn't have the 'Fair Use' clauses and similar things that Copyright has. It's far more strict. So your story, characterizations, powers and abilities, are all fairly irrelevant. Hasbro's real interest is whether the *appearance* of your characters are sufficiently similar in art-style to be mistaken for MLP, and they're likely going to check against every iteration of MLP: multiple generations and media appearances. So the animations, comics, box art, etc. of G1 through G4, and they have likely already trademarked the G5 art styles whatever those will really end up being.

You've already stated you've consulted with a copyright lawyer, and spent a lot of money on that. You should check to make sure that they have considered this from a Trademark perspective as well, as that's whats going to bite you. Unfortunately, most of the copyright lawyers that I have talked to admit that they don't volunteer the fact they don't handle Trademark issues unless you press them about it.

Copyright ownership. Done... Hooray..

My Trademark Logo was Done Long ago.. Just paid the fee to get it processed.

Got to call tomorrow to get it filled out, and wait until the process is complete. Then I will Officially have a Trademark in Canada. For my creation

Crazy Eh,  owner of both Copyright and Trademark.

Once Approved it will be Official.

Edited by RaphLuna

Ah, you misunderstand my point. Sorry, I wasn't clear. Hasbro hasn't just Trademarked their logo. They've Trademarked all the character designs and the art-styles. Even if you trademark your own logo, Hasbro can still come after you if they feel your character art is too close to their own. And that's something you need to talk to a Trademark lawyer about. Not just filing your own Trademark for a logo, but for filing Trademarks on the various character designs.

1 hour ago, Fhaolan said:

Ah, you misunderstand my point. Sorry, I wasn't clear. Hasbro hasn't just Trademarked their logo. They've Trademarked all the character designs and the art-styles. Even if you trademark your own logo, Hasbro can still come after you if they feel your character art is too close to their own. And that's something you need to talk to a Trademark lawyer about. Not just filing your own Trademark for a logo, but for filing Trademarks on the various character designs.

You have solid proof on this.? By the way you are getting on, you know nothing how the IP works..   this should make it easy for you to better understand.

https://www.ic.gc.ca/eic/site/cipointernet-internetopic.nsf/eng/h_wr03685.html

I will be talking to my lawyers as he processes My Trademark.

And I already know what to say. 

Trademarks are only good in each country in Canada its good for 10 years. its a highly costly process.  to trademark every single character in a franchise, I could see them trademark the main characters, yet for them to Trademark the background character that just fill space like Cranky Doodle Donkey in the series.. Doubtful.

Its not like copyright which is for the life span of the creator plus 50 years after they pass away. And you only need to register once, as long as everything is connected with the copyright ex ''TV shows character designs, stories.'' its protected in every country that signed a Copyright agreement.

"'I'm not worried about their stories, or their Army of Clones, my content is so original and unique it stands out and is a creative class on its own.''

There is also Patent you forgot to mention...I'm not worried about their generic clones. And I'm not interested in action figures and pimping out merch. Plush is the only thing I would go for in this part. However that is not until the future.

So its obvious you know nothing about the ins and out on the above three.

Besides my lawyer will know far much more than you do.

My Logo Design of Choice which I done some modifications. Long ago. Will pass the Trademark Process with Flying Colors.. I know this for a fact..

Once the process is complete, I will update you all here to let you know it official.

Sad you can not tell the difference between something distinctive and a clone. 

Hasbro MLP is Generic. Their army of Clones,  Even the main species names is Generic. 

Nice Try, however I know the difference between Original and a Clone. 

55 minutes ago, RaphLuna said:

You have solid proof on this.? By the way you are getting on, you know nothing how the IP works..   this should make it easy for you to better understand.

I have the documents Hasbro sent me when I inquired about producing a MLP product under a licence. That was seven years ago, or so, so it's probably a bit out of date. In it they listed a bunch of the stuff they said they had trademarks on, which would be covered by the license. Which included a lot of character names (about forty of them, with a lot from G3 rather than G4 plus some I'd never heard of before like 'Amberlocks' and 'Sweet Steps'), lots of cutie-marks as logos (again many of which I didn't recognize), and a sampling of standard character art (which I wasn't interested in, as the product I was going to produce was only going to have cutie-marks and coloration.)  All supposedly registered as Trademarks, according to Hasbro.

Now, it's entirely possible their lawyers were exaggerating, but given that all the cease-and-desist letters that other people have shared, back when the fandom was booming and the Hasbro lawyers were enthusiastic, all mentioned Trademark violations rather than Copyright, I get the distinct impression that's the laws they were using to strongarm people. Likely a lot of it was puffery, and wouldn't actually hold up in court, but the people they sent those letters too were not in financial positions to fight Hasbro for it. :)

But it's up to you. I'm not telling you that you *can't* do something. Just to be careful and make sure you've covered your bases. And that in my experience, lawyers like to leave out information (especially around cross-border reciprocation laws), unless you *specifically* ask them for it, because they can charge you for 'research' every time you ask a question. ;) I went through a bunch of that myself in Canada thirty years ago when I owned a business and wanted to Trademark the name, logos, and whatnot. As you said, not cheap, and every time I asked a question, it was another couple of hundred of dollars gone. :)

Good luck.

5 hours ago, Fhaolan said:

I have the documents Hasbro sent me when I inquired about producing a MLP product under a licence. That was seven years ago, or so, so it's probably a bit out of date. In it they listed a bunch of the stuff they said they had trademarks on, which would be covered by the license. Which included a lot of character names (about forty of them, with a lot from G3 rather than G4 plus some I'd never heard of before like 'Amberlocks' and 'Sweet Steps'), lots of cutie-marks as logos (again many of which I didn't recognize), and a sampling of standard character art (which I wasn't interested in, as the product I was going to produce was only going to have cutie-marks and coloration.)  All supposedly registered as Trademarks, according to Hasbro.

Now, it's entirely possible their lawyers were exaggerating, but given that all the cease-and-desist letters that other people have shared, back when the fandom was booming and the Hasbro lawyers were enthusiastic, all mentioned Trademark violations rather than Copyright, I get the distinct impression that's the laws they were using to strongarm people. Likely a lot of it was puffery, and wouldn't actually hold up in court, but the people they sent those letters too were not in financial positions to fight Hasbro for it. :)

But it's up to you. I'm not telling you that you *can't* do something. Just to be careful and make sure you've covered your bases. And that in my experience, lawyers like to leave out information (especially around cross-border reciprocation laws), unless you *specifically* ask them for it, because they can charge you for 'research' every time you ask a question. ;) I went through a bunch of that myself in Canada thirty years ago when I owned a business and wanted to Trademark the name, logos, and whatnot. As you said, not cheap, and every time I asked a question, it was another couple of hundred of dollars gone. :)

Good luck.

That is why a ''long time ago'' I ask Questions here, getting everyone's advice.

They were kind and helpful."'Its the wonderful people here, whom, really helped me out to make what I created truly stand out. "' I really want to give them something for helping me to get creative they motivated me to invent new words that are Nsync with the species I created..

Got to do something really special for all you here, I will work on this one.

Besides my first two goals selling coloring books and Novel series..

In the process of inventing new words, I was warned using the Name Pony, Hasbro would legally be able to sue me.

Why easy when you hear people talk about ponies you know its My Little Pony. Hasbro.. And yes they were right. Hasbro is Famous for the Ponies and the only creator of such toys.

With the motivation from the Amazing people here.'' I invented new words that are distinctive to what I created...

The Novel Series Title on My Copyright.'' The Story of Crystal Frost, And the Kingdom of Long Heart Stone, and Beyond.''

The cool part  the Species above are not the Core of the 24 planed out novel Series... For is mane focuses on Crystal Frost  ( Clydra ) her Love Knight Wing and their Family Time Line...

393878379_CrystalFrostLovestoDance.thumb.png.8c056a291e33c2715df90e5ab76258ec.png2072030588_HappyFathersDay.thumb.png.8297e7ab03328ec642b4f05e9ee8bc17.png1934232551_MapleMarbleSwirl.thumb.png.29b03d93139dec0300f080d358228c9b.png881550101083_charitySwanGlow.thumb.png.dbca3ce5672dc9fd9d57b300f80fe142.png1356083707_EstelitaSnowHopeStorm.thumb.png.688e7bca9267d4a3b38bed9e7fb17653.png4460778_SnowFrostSwile.thumb.png.dae4408632a9fcd433fdd480cad3bdef.png

"'I have created many species. Hasbro can not make claim to colors no one can however combined colors that represent a particular character, '' that will depend.

I'm not to crazy on the pale pastel look, I like dark colors that stand out.

The cool part in my novel series, the Word Pony is Non Existent.

And its built solid And very strong. So Novel Writing I'm 110% safe there.

Species Wise, invented very unique and distinctive names,

So when you hear people start to chat about Clyonies. Your question, will Be ''What is that?'' the word is so new you never herd it before.

In order to cover my tracks I have to not only design characters that stand out from the rivals, designs characters.

I also have to be distinctive, in Naming Species.  by doing this it will help with dividing confusion. Its not what the customer say they are, it's what the creator say they are.

https://www.amsadvocaten.com/blog/contract-law/court-infringement-copyright-of-my-little-pony/

Granted the above link is about copyright. However under copyright law, in order to win, you have to make your creations stand out from the rest.

The novels stories im safe however......

Naming Kingdoms, Lands Towns cities and communities I have to be careful they do not come close to Hasbro. Even Naming Characters, that is why I gave them all human names, and 1 to 4 names. I'm starting to Experiment with new names

"'Shluna, and Osheanna.'' just to name a few.

People Names Richard, and Ross, just to name a few.

The Pegasus Express. Pony Express, too Generic and common...

Clyasus Express. Better and more more original  don't you think ;)

"'The rivals goal is to be so Unique, Original, and Creative. That is Makes it Extremely Difficult to Prove Trademark and Copyright Infringement. From the other side.

Novel series only have a front and back cover, with a side spine to it. Because Everything is Written inside. They have nothing to stop me here.

Even coloring books, they will look over everything. In this part. However their side would still be far weaker to prove in court. Since the main focus is on the Clydra species and her Family time line. Not on the 5 Above sun Eclipse Swirl, is not in the novels until the 3rd in the series, and over time he fades away while others take the main role.

I personally know this.

Today I will call my lawyer, ask them good questions. About my Trademark.

And if it passes the Trademark Stage. That would help even more.

Will let you know the results of the outcome. They will let me know if any changes have to be made.

Beside my creations side is Heaviest on the mixed created species, The 4 Species above are just part of that world on a Planet of Species around the globe.

When I went for distinctive I really went all out.

• Brohoof 1

Hey Laurie;
It sounds like you've done an insane amount of research and to that, i tip my hat to you! 
Ive gotten a sense of almost jealousy after reading how passionate and how serious you are about your artistic
work something, in my opinion, is very hard to balance and for some artists impossible to make their
talent and hobby into a career. Ive subscribed both to your youtube channel and watched you on DA, 
very interested in seeing more work from you.

For your critique question "Do they look the same or stand out...?"
As someone who knows MLP and draws them Yes, stye wise they look similar to gen 4 style MLP
BUT  i personally believe it is different enough to be considered unique and using your own words;
"People are intelligent, they know the difference, to original creativity and a clone." 

Why i don't think you will have any issue is that Hasbro has not and can not copyright horses
let alone horses that are rounder and brightly coloured. If i draw a red dog and colour it red does it 
mean ive drawn Clifford? No it doesnt.

Because your story and style has a rounder, softer artstyle, more creatively coloured horses and mythical elements there will be a similarity
for people who have seen the two of course, but again i cant see any direct clones from the MLP franchise ie cutiemarks 
so i think overall; youve created a unique and original species that has been inspired by real-life experiences as well as
MLP generations through the years, which has the potential to stand out on its own amongst the other 
competitors. Good luck with your novels and artwork! i will be keeping an eye for any updates you bring!

--Voseerie.

/ps/ do you have any examples of written works? id love to see how you structure your work. 

On 2/21/2019 at 7:03 AM, Voseerie said:

Hey Laurie;
It sounds like you've done an insane amount of research and to that, i tip my hat to you! 
Ive gotten a sense of almost jealousy after reading how passionate and how serious you are about your artistic
work something, in my opinion, is very hard to balance and for some artists impossible to make their
talent and hobby into a career. Ive subscribed both to your youtube channel and watched you on DA, 
very interested in seeing more work from you.

For your critique question "Do they look the same or stand out...?"
As someone who knows MLP and draws them Yes, stye wise they look similar to gen 4 style MLP
BUT  i personally believe it is different enough to be considered unique and using your own words;
"People are intelligent, they know the difference, to original creativity and a clone." 

Why i don't think you will have any issue is that Hasbro has not and can not copyright horses
let alone horses that are rounder and brightly coloured. If i draw a red dog and colour it red does it 
mean ive drawn Clifford? No it doesnt.

Because your story and style has a rounder, softer artstyle, more creatively coloured horses and mythical elements there will be a similarity
for people who have seen the two of course, but again i cant see any direct clones from the MLP franchise ie cutiemarks 
so i think overall; youve created a unique and original species that has been inspired by real-life experiences as well as
MLP generations through the years, which has the potential to stand out on its own amongst the other 
competitors. Good luck with your novels and artwork! i will be keeping an eye for any updates you bring!

--Voseerie.

/ps/ do you have any examples of written works? id love to see how you structure your work. 

Thank You Kindly..

Been doing some Extra study About the Upcoming Future Hasbro MLP G5 Reboot.

I like to prepare for Worst Case Situations In advance.

My Research………..

This is what I found in USA Data Base on the My Little Pony  G5 Series Registration part…

https://cocatalog.loc.gov/cgi-bin/Pwebrecon.cgi?v1=1&ti=1,1&Search%5FArg=My%20Little%20Pony&Search%5FCode=TALL&CNT=25&REC=0&RD=0&RC=0&PID=y8CuUIBayTAKzpiNYCxofjbsk_LFK&SEQ=20190220214057&SID=1

Live My Little Pony Trademarks

http://s90690880.onlinehome.us/trademarks/hasbromlplive.html

This is My Copyright Information..

https://www.ic.gc.ca/app/opic-cipo/cpyrghts/dtls.do?fileNum=1150237&type=1&lang=ene

My YouTube channel. I know its weird, blame Lego for giving me the ides to make a Odd Video's. However I do not understand Speed paint.  and my process is slow.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5g-61S5CMwN3rWcPqVVDEQ

Would this help protect my Artwork ?

Especially in the Event their New G5 Designs look to close to What I already Created and Published..?

I have records further back of the artwork

This is What My Trademark Lawyer responded in Regards to the Hasbro Upcoming Reboot.

Yes I created the Species you see in the Background.

What my Trademark Lawyer says is correct. How can you infringe on copyright if the other Franchise Owner Does not make their Content public. Makes Sense. Rumors don't count. It only counts when Hasbro First Registers the Series, and makes the Official Announcement . And publicly displays the images of the new series..

In other words looking at both registration Times, I Registered copyright to my Artistic works Before Hasbro Registered The Upcoming G5 Reboot. Since I now Published my Creations Online too.

Its now Hasbro who has to Watch their hooves, they do not Step on mine. Or I can bring them to court. And yes I Will Fight to Hell and Back.

l'm very Grateful to Have a Trademark Lawyer whom is Very Resourceful and Full of Knowledge. He helps clarify Questions, and gives Wise Advice and Direction..

PS yes this is a New Species in what I Created too...

He is also Processing to help me Get my  Trademark Registered here in Canada.

Yes I done the Design Myself. Serif Affinity Design Software is My Hero.

The logo says it all for it was the ''  Clyony ''  Species that was First to Evolve in the World I Created

owl.png.f49984c0ca48e899a5564c89a58b1d33.png

1.) Notice the Clyony a Male Species from my Creation. Not Worried about the Owl, Its just to give the Logo a More Fancy Look.

2.) when you hear people talk about Clyony your Response what is That. Its the First you ever Herd of the Word..

Where do I sit on the Arrow...

https://www.helsell.com/faq/selecting-a-strong-trademark/

1659294558_Screenshot(1659).thumb.png.e1df0025b02b18ee504eb01d4153c952.png

Read the link. It will help you understand more...

Hasbro's MLP sits in the .....Suggestive level of Protection

What  I Created ......Sits in the Fanciful level of Protection.

1.) I Know nothing about Business.  However its always wise to ask Questions, this is a perfect way to learn.

2.) Learn to source out information online.... Yes I do do that

3.) only got high school diploma, and no I was not a Straight A Student.  Getting passed marks..

4.) Love Cartoons and being Myself, only had one Best Friend Nadine, no I was not popular, and yes kids can sometimes be mean, yet I loved being just the way I am.

5.) Love poetry and rhyming. it's in my blood. Over 50 poems and counting I written. You will notice in some of my novels written poetic pieces. That is because its a part of my Soul.

6.) Mom with 6 Kids 4 Girls and Two Boys. so i'm no spring chicken. And my Spouse Calls my Creation Garbage, His idea of fun is Studying Rocks. Well that Explains a lot.  

7) 4 of our kids have a disability, the youngest with the most unique and complex needs.

8.) I too have a Disability.

9.)  Life is to Hell and Back , yes we been through a lot within our own family,. Wrongful Termination, Illegal Eviction and that is just the crumb to the Hell we endured.  however the trust is no matter how hard life is, there is always some else worse off than you. And yes its the truth.

10.) in my earlier Day, I took a home study course, Multimedia Digital Imaging. Got in the 80 and 90 marks. That was the old school Photoshop and Illustrator. Told you I'm Prehistoric.

11.) over the years Upgraded Photoshop. Later Upgraded Illustrator. Too Confusing Dumped it for Serif Affinity Design Software Epic Surface Pro  Tablet,. Sketch Club is my Go to App on the Ipad. .

12.) 2017 I doodled Crystal Frost First image, gave Her Random Stories.

13.) With the Inspiration from all you Wonderful People here and other Pony Fan Sites. The content Grew beyond my wildest dreams.

14.) even the ones who stomp me to the ground, inspire me to get back up, and keep going and Not give up. You are My Hero's too.

15.) We are Mortgaging our first home. 1800 square foot home  150 Acres of land..  80,000.00 less left to pay off. My spouse needs to finish renovation work before we move in. He is a Jack of all Trades, no her does not have that fancy document that certifies you can  do something, He just Love to Renovate, Restore. Large Garage and a tool Shed with a Drilled well and A Dug well too. I love to Explore the Back Yard full of Wildlife.

He hopes some day to build a Home for our family from the bottom up with his own two hands.

We plan to farm, and Bulk of the Land is Wild with a Pond way in the back, private Dirt road that goes to property.  I love Nature

Our life was a Rocky Road, challenging, hard, yes Stressful too. Yet we Know we Wanted to make sure when we pass on, we will go with peace of mind our children will have a Roof over their head, food on the table, and their needs will be met.

"' Never let other peoples accomplishes get you down, into a rut, instead let it Inspire your Mind to get the Fire Going in your Soul To Create. "'

If I looked at the Creative artwork and success of others,, and looking back at mine said I will never be good at this, I would have never got as far as I did,

Inspiration is everywhere you see, even the blue Jay on the tall  tree.

Here is a Special Story I wrote in my Earlier Stage of Writing,...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Crystals dragon Father refuses to teach his daughter to fly, he needs her to stay out of  sight to be safe. Not teaching her to fly keeps her grounded and gives him less to worry about...

While her fathers is away catching their dinner Crystal wanders off into the woods.

The warmth of the sun shining bright, the beautiful new smell of the clean forest, after a lovely small light shower, Crystal walks into the thick forest,, she hears chirping sound coming from a very tall tree, Curious on what it is, she tries to climb the tree, after many falls and a few bruises,  being stubborn refusing to give up. She finally reaches the branch.  

The chirping sound chatters grew loud, coming from a nest. On a think branch on the tree Baby birds. Five baby birds.
Overjoyed and happy to see the creatures. She lays down on the branch to watch the baby birds, being very still and quite hoping not to scare them off..  
Flap flap flap, the baby birds in excitement  quickly flocked to the bigger bird, the bird open its beak to feed her baby birds, crystals expression quickly changed from a happy smile, to a gross look. Yuck... How can they eat that stuff... However the baby birds seem to like it..  
She was relieved she was not a baby bird...

The big bird flies off, while the baby birds continue to chatter and chirp.. Worried that the baby birds might fall and get hurt, she stays behind to keep an eye on the baby birds..

Growl, feeling hungry,  she looks around for some food. up above her head she sees a big shiny red apple. She slowly and quietly stand up on her hine hoofs trying not to make a sound, grabs at the apple with her mouth, quickly yet quietly goes back to laying down on the branch.

.Munch, munch munch, crunch, eating her snack. she  looks back at the nest, one two three four...! Where is the fifth baby bird, looking quickly past the nest she finds the missing baby bird on the edge of the branch, tiny wings spread out, chipping happily, bobbing up and down,

Freaking out and not thinking she quickly springs into action to catch the baby bird, only to find herself falling from the tree, afraid she closes her eyes, however  suddenly her wings spread open and she find her self flying in the breeze, and coming to a Crash landing in a  blueberry bush.

Covered in small leaves, broken bush branches, and squished blueberries. She quickly scrambles up, looks in the sky for the baby bird.  Tweet Tweet Tweet that sound familiar.. She quickly turns to see the baby bird perched on the broken bush, eating blue berries with her beak.. still hungry, She joins in eating the blueberries...

Muzzle covered in blue, full and content, she watches the baby bird,

The baby bird lifts his little wings flaps and flies.. Crystal realizing her wings can do the same thing, decides to spend the rest of the day following the baby bird, imitating  the birds wing movements , and in the ends learns to fly  

Excited about what she just learned, she quickly rushes home. the bird perched on a branch watches as she fades off into the deep forest.
just getting back , with his catch in a old cloth,  crystal cries look what i can do.. she spreads out her wings, flaps them and takes to the sky, does a loop, glides, and lands on her rock..

feeling happy and proud at what she achieved.

Seeing his daughter fly for the first time,  he frowns, fearful and angry, he lashed out in anger,   scolds her for wandering off and tells his Daughter never EVER to fly ever again..

tearful  feeling  she did something very wrong, promises never to fly again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Here is another Written Sample of my Work...

https://www.deviantart.com/landoftheclyony/journal/One-Sample-from-my-Written-novel-series-784898418

I love to Write Create.. And hopefully inspire others To set their Creative imagination Free.

Hugs Everyone, Thank You all for you Kind Words and Support.

Laurie Ann Garland   (  Creator,  and Owner, of  Future Trademark of the '' Clyony.'' Species...)

Edited by RaphLuna

:mlp_please: Hi again, Sorry for my late reply! Ive been rather busy im afraid 

I believe you are protected, however, im not too sure how copyright covers a brand when sequels are involved. 
So the Gen 5 Reboot might be a tricky path to travel until we have actual designs published. Since your copyright was published before 
gen 5 is released i think design wise you are okay regarding characters. But, hasbro might have certified designs by the team that are copyrighted
that just havent been made public. Since Hasbro is a multi-billion dollar company they would definitely cross check designs before publishing
anything and with your characters viewable on DA and elsewhere; im sure again you are fine.

Woah 6 kids?! Amazing! I love kids <3 i hope to have 4 personally, im only 21 atm however so not for awhile :D
I use procreate on ipad, still figuring everything out of course but ive done 2 'paintings' and a pony character design. 
It sounds like you have a beautiful view on the course you and your family are on, best of luck to you! 

As I've said before and something you should REALLY take to heart here:

Being able to buy a copyright doesn't mean you're in the clear. Hasbro can still take you to court to dispute if your claim was made on legitimate grounds. Copyrighting literally just means no one can copy you, but another company can dispute what you've done.

That being said, I'm going to be 100% real with you since you want legitimate feedback: What you have... Feels like a clone. If you need to defend how it's not a clone and tell people to more or less stop pointing that out... Here's something to think about: what about your market? If these people you are showing are saying it looks like a clone to the point where you had to go out of your way to prove it's not a clone that's pretty telling of how the general market will see you, as nothing more than a rip-off.

You may be able to get a patent and a copyright, but you are not going to get a viewer base if you can't really get people to see your product as nothing more than a clone.

Maybe it's time to SERIOUSLY revamp what you have, make it stand out even further. As it stands right now... No publication is going to want to touch what you have even with your patent and copyright because they will fear Hasbro filing a lawsuit against them. What difference will it all make if you can't get anyone interested in purchasing what you have?

Clearly you're talented, so why not seriously revamp what you have to make it stand even more on its own? Right now, all I really see is an MLP clone that is trying to scream at the top of its lungs "I'm not a clone!" but if you have to assert it... Then it's likely a bad sign. The fact that you have to keep a close eye on what Hasbro is doing is not a good sign. It's a sign that you are too close to the sun.

I'm not saying this to be an asshole, but because you want a successful career and for people to pay money for this stuff, so you may want to listen to what I have to say.

Credentials: Degree in Graphic Design, minor in business, took many courses on copyright laws and studied extensively, also consulted with my aunt who is a copyright lawyer before making this post.

Take her legal advice here: just because a lawyer says you're in the clear doesn't mean you are. Many lawyers just want to get paid and every time you consult them they are getting paid so they will seldom tell you their HONEST opinion on if what you're doing is too similar to something else, they'll just file the patents and copyrights to appease you and get your money.

I mean look at how much of your efforts are trying to keep a step ahead of Hasbro, that's not the mark of originality. I get that you love what you've created, but when you are trying to do business you have to put your feelings and attachments aside and recognize there are other angles here. You're kind of coming off as 

On 2/13/2019 at 11:58 AM, RaphLuna said:

Your argument is weak, please let me explain.

Definition of equine : of, relating to, or resembling a horse or the horse family

That is like saying Dreamworks can not make a  movie and TV series about equines . Because Hasbro  made a TV series and Movies about Equines first.

In copyright law you can not Copyright idea's..this to to prevent other from holding a monopoly preventing  uniqness and Creativity from others.  Common sense.

That argument will never hold in court.

Hope I was able to help you better understand law..

Here is a Link to the Copyright Process..

This just kind of reeks of being condescending to a potential audience. This person is proposing a point that the general audience may bring up, that your show idea is far too similar to existing material and your response... Is to "educate" them on copyright laws? That's not going to win you any fans.

Also as someone who actually studied copyright laws in school, I can tell you now... Your understanding is very rudimentary. You actually can copyright ideas if you know how there are all kinds of loopholes and ways to twist the law. Not to mention an argument does not need to hold in court for someone to take you down, they just need to be able to outlast you. Hasbro has millions of dollars and teams of lawyers, they can bury you in legal fees with ease, they don't even need it to go to trial to drain you financially.

That being said just because you were able to copyright something doesn't mean you are in the clear. Copyrights can be disputed.

I also get a Registration Number. So now I legally allowed to do anything I please with my creation. Since I now hold copyright to what I created.

Factually untrue. You actually still have things you can not do.

f I did not meet the requirement for copyright, I would have never got my Copyright certificate. However since everything passed, I own all. This is officially my property.

Fire your lawyer if they told you this. It's factually untrue. Remember, Chris-Chan was able to patent Sonichu, but we all know that would never fly if he tried to sell it for a profit and made the level of success that Sega and Nintendo have. Many times things slip through the cracks but that does not mean you are in the clear. I am telling you this now, this is not true. People get copyright certificates fraudalently all the time.

When I created my Characters, I wanted to create something that totally sands out from the Sea of Clones..

Going to be real with you: right now you're not doing that. The fact that a lot of people are telling you that they seem very much like clones and that you have to defend yourself with copyright lectures and saying you're making sure to watch what Hasbro is doing is kind of evidence of that. Again, not trying to be an ass, but you asked for critique and this is it. What you have... Isn't really setting itself apart enough to where I think you'd be in the clear from Hasbro nor would you convince people to watch it and view as more than a clone which is ultimately the bigger problem.

On 2/13/2019 at 4:35 PM, RaphLuna said:

They be stupid to sponge off what I created, I will have legal ground to sue them,  be dumb to try and C&D me or my Two Partners.  I will respond. Bring it On.

A very bad attitude to have. These people could be potential customers.

On 2/13/2019 at 4:35 PM, RaphLuna said:

"Im very intelligent to educate myself with copyright laws and the rules. Yes Common sense overrules everything.

That actually is untrue in a court of law.

Not to mention, they have people who are far better at copyright laws and the rules. Trust me on this, they have an entire division dedicated to this thing. Your ego is getting the better of you here.

On 2/14/2019 at 6:08 AM, RaphLuna said:

https://www.ic.gc.ca/eic/site/cipointernet-internetopic.nsf/eng/h_wr03685.html

You are being very condescending to virtually anyone who poses a point to you and just responding with google searched stuff, not realizing there are many other nuances. Again, let me stress this: the fact that so early in your creation's life you are spending defending it against claims of it being a rip-off of something else is NOT A GOOD SIGN.

Ignore me if you like, but I am trying to save you from wasting your time on a product that will never sell or get off the ground. This is a cut-throat business, and you are going to hear people be far more harsh than I'm being, but the reality is... What you have isn't going to sell. Even if you manage to get a little success, the moment you get to a position where you're doing too good, you'll fall on Hasbro's radar and they will shut you down one way or another and you may think you have the smoking gun in your pocket because you have some pieces of paper, but it's clear you do not understand the ins and outs of the system as well as they do.

Hell the fact that you're posting about it here kind of shows that.

Again, not trying to be an ass, but this is a cut-throat business and you just like... Revealed a lot of your hand. Even posting your designs here in a public place before they are officially revealed to the world as a product is generally not a smart business move. Not to mention you are exposing a lot of interactions between you and your lawyer, your strategy on defending your product from copyright claims... Literally, you're revealing so much of your hand that it kind of shows you are not really that well versed on how all of this works.

I will say you have talent, but you need to drop your ego a significant notch if you want to survive in this business. I think you have what it takes to make it based upon talent, but you are letting your ego stand in the way right here.

26 minutes ago, Key Sharkz said:

As I've said before and something you should REALLY take to heart here:

Being able to buy a copyright doesn't mean you're in the clear. Hasbro can still take you to court to dispute if your claim was made on legitimate grounds. Copyrighting literally just means no one can copy you, but another company can dispute what you've done.

That being said, I'm going to be 100% real with you since you want legitimate feedback: What you have... Feels like a clone. If you need to defend how it's not a clone and tell people to more or less stop pointing that out... Here's something to think about: what about your market? If these people you are showing are saying it looks like a clone to the point where you had to go out of your way to prove it's not a clone that's pretty telling of how the general market will see you, as nothing more than a rip-off.

You may be able to get a patent and a copyright, but you are not going to get a viewer base if you can't really get people to see your product as nothing more than a clone.

Maybe it's time to SERIOUSLY revamp what you have, make it stand out even further. As it stands right now... No publication is going to want to touch what you have even with your patent and copyright because they will fear Hasbro filing a lawsuit against them. What difference will it all make if you can't get anyone interested in purchasing what you have?

Clearly you're talented, so why not seriously revamp what you have to make it stand even more on its own? Right now, all I really see is an MLP clone that is trying to scream at the top of its lungs "I'm not a clone!" but if you have to assert it... Then it's likely a bad sign. The fact that you have to keep a close eye on what Hasbro is doing is not a good sign. It's a sign that you are too close to the sun.

I'm not saying this to be an asshole, but because you want a successful career and for people to pay money for this stuff, so you may want to listen to what I have to say.

Credentials: Degree in Graphic Design, minor in business, took many courses on copyright laws and studied extensively, also consulted with my aunt who is a copyright lawyer before making this post.

Take her legal advice here: just because a lawyer says you're in the clear doesn't mean you are. Many lawyers just want to get paid and every time you consult them they are getting paid so they will seldom tell you their HONEST opinion on if what you're doing is too similar to something else, they'll just file the patents and copyrights to appease you and get your money.

I mean look at how much of your efforts are trying to keep a step ahead of Hasbro, that's not the mark of originality. I get that you love what you've created, but when you are trying to do business you have to put your feelings and attachments aside and recognize there are other angles here. You're kind of coming off as 

This just kind of reeks of being condescending to a potential audience. This person is proposing a point that the general audience may bring up, that your show idea is far too similar to existing material and your response... Is to "educate" them on copyright laws? That's not going to win you any fans.

Also as someone who actually studied copyright laws in school, I can tell you now... Your understanding is very rudimentary. You actually can copyright ideas if you know how there are all kinds of loopholes and ways to twist the law. Not to mention an argument does not need to hold in court for someone to take you down, they just need to be able to outlast you. Hasbro has millions of dollars and teams of lawyers, they can bury you in legal fees with ease, they don't even need it to go to trial to drain you financially.

That being said just because you were able to copyright something doesn't mean you are in the clear. Copyrights can be disputed.

Factually untrue. You actually still have things you can not do.

Fire your lawyer if they told you this. It's factually untrue. Remember, Chris-Chan was able to patent Sonichu, but we all know that would never fly if he tried to sell it for a profit and made the level of success that Sega and Nintendo have. Many times things slip through the cracks but that does not mean you are in the clear. I am telling you this now, this is not true. People get copyright certificates fraudalently all the time.

Going to be real with you: right now you're not doing that. The fact that a lot of people are telling you that they seem very much like clones and that you have to defend yourself with copyright lectures and saying you're making sure to watch what Hasbro is doing is kind of evidence of that. Again, not trying to be an ass, but you asked for critique and this is it. What you have... Isn't really setting itself apart enough to where I think you'd be in the clear from Hasbro nor would you convince people to watch it and view as more than a clone which is ultimately the bigger problem.

A very bad attitude to have. These people could be potential customers.

That actually is untrue in a court of law.

Not to mention, they have people who are far better at copyright laws and the rules. Trust me on this, they have an entire division dedicated to this thing. Your ego is getting the better of you here.

You are being very condescending to virtually anyone who poses a point to you and just responding with google searched stuff, not realizing there are many other nuances. Again, let me stress this: the fact that so early in your creation's life you are spending defending it against claims of it being a rip-off of something else is NOT A GOOD SIGN.

Ignore me if you like, but I am trying to save you from wasting your time on a product that will never sell or get off the ground. This is a cut-throat business, and you are going to hear people be far more harsh than I'm being, but the reality is... What you have isn't going to sell. Even if you manage to get a little success, the moment you get to a position where you're doing too good, you'll fall on Hasbro's radar and they will shut you down one way or another and you may think you have the smoking gun in your pocket because you have some pieces of paper, but it's clear you do not understand the ins and outs of the system as well as they do.

Hell the fact that you're posting about it here kind of shows that.

Again, not trying to be an ass, but this is a cut-throat business and you just like... Revealed a lot of your hand. Even posting your designs here in a public place before they are officially revealed to the world as a product is generally not a smart business move. Not to mention you are exposing a lot of interactions between you and your lawyer, your strategy on defending your product from copyright claims... Literally, you're revealing so much of your hand that it kind of shows you are not really that well versed on how all of this works.

I will say you have talent, but you need to drop your ego a significant notch if you want to survive in this business. I think you have what it takes to make it based upon talent, but you are letting your ego stand in the way right here.

Finally Some one who Tells me like it is...Yes I Admire you on this...

The Designs I was talking about Hasbro will be stupid to rip off is not the four Species Designs.. Its the ones beyond the four species..I still have way more in the Works that I plan to make public one finished..

Right now I'm looking into New Designs wings changing them to a whole new style..  Decided to get first started on the Eyes.. Giving them a more Anime style look. I'm also going to redo the names.

Spoiler

623056829_BlossonFlowerRoseForest.thumb.png.4fa40d95f3655a7245cb06414abb2449.png

Spoiler

537875023_ProinceWildWindGust.thumb.png.f6cc293eadedd028f609b652984c838a.png

Spoiler

1229392645_KingBlizzardStormHoof.thumb.png.09eafd2465001bc5705ae6db0d41cff2.png

Its Ironic you would target my Trademark Lawyer.. as if they only care about getting paid and nothing more... He went way over And beyond in his fine skill to help me better understand in face....

He was the one who First advised me to have a Copyright Non Infringement opinion  Done by an IP Lawyer..

He even provided me with a link to help me better understand what he was trying to say https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Substantial_similarity

Sad how you are quick to judge people you do not even know.

I"m Grateful and and Thankful to have him to help me in my Process..

Another thing my content is not Heavily Female Based.. And my Trademark Logo is a Male Specie not a Female.

And if you honestly think I am arrogant and do not listen to what people are trying to tell me. You are sadly mistaken.  For I'm Upgrading and thinking about redesigning the only four species Hasbro would nag me over.

The rest of my Species, you know as much as I do they got nothing on them. For Yes I created them from my Creative Imagination.

The Only Reason I post the Questions you see above, is to get people to be up front and honest. Opinion. Why because its the Pony fans who know the Show the best and Hasbro Pony Design Styles.

It was because the the Amazing People of this Form right here and many other forms,  Whom shoving me in the mud, yelling at me to Stop being lazy , and Demand, I give it my 110% to Be Extremely Creative.

( If you be stupid to Reference Pony in your Novel Series, Hasbro will sue your butt and they will Will )

They were the amazing ones who helped me Invent Brand New Creative Species Names tethered to my Style.

They are all my Hero, and Yes even though you shoved me in the mud. Yes you are my Hero too. For its people like you who help inspire me even more to Bring out that 110% Within me to Truly Stand out.

In regards to the Novel Series, it does not evolve around the Four Species For the Mixed Species I invented and Created Have a Much Higher Role in the Books.

The Clydra and Batasus Species stories are 13 Novels long..  We follow their family Time Line.

Unlike Hasbro I do not Obsess over the 4 Main Species Domination the series. For there are Way more Species that are Just as Important. And many have lead Roles.,

You only seen the Artwork, you know nothing about the Folklore, History, traditions, or even the Struggles and hardships the face.

My art is only a Piece of the Equation, for there is far way more behind what you see on the Screen.

I will let you know this My content is not for those who are far to sensitive to the harsh realities of life..

However just like in our real world there are novels about us adults. And there is also children books about kids.

Besides I love the Clyony with the More Furry Body style look, She is what the Clyony Species originally looked like in the wild,  before an event in time, changed everything.

What do I mean...

In Time...

Laurie Ann Garland

Prince Leo Vine Tree.png

1 hour ago, RaphLuna said:

Finally Some one who Tells me like it is...Yes I Admire you on this...

The Designs I was talking about Hasbro will be stupid to rip off is not the four Species Designs.. Its the ones beyond the four species..I still have way more in the Works that I plan to make public one finished..

Right now I'm looking into New Designs wings changing them to a whole new style..  Decided to get first started on the Eyes.. Giving them a more Anime style look. I'm also going to redo the names.

Reveal hidden contents

623056829_BlossonFlowerRoseForest.thumb.png.4fa40d95f3655a7245cb06414abb2449.png

Reveal hidden contents

537875023_ProinceWildWindGust.thumb.png.f6cc293eadedd028f609b652984c838a.png

Reveal hidden contents

1229392645_KingBlizzardStormHoof.thumb.png.09eafd2465001bc5705ae6db0d41cff2.png

Its Ironic you would target my Trademark Lawyer.. as if they only care about getting paid and nothing more... He went way over And beyond in his fine skill to help me better understand in face....

He was the one who First advised me to have a Copyright Non Infringement opinion  Done by an IP Lawyer..

He even provided me with a link to help me better understand what he was trying to say https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Substantial_similarity

Sad how you are quick to judge people you do not even know.

I"m Grateful and and Thankful to have him to help me in my Process..

Another thing my content is not Heavily Female Based.. And my Trademark Logo is a Male Specie not a Female.

And if you honestly think I am arrogant and do not listen to what people are trying to tell me. You are sadly mistaken.  For I'm Upgrading and thinking about redesigning the only four species Hasbro would nag me over.

The rest of my Species, you know as much as I do they got nothing on them. For Yes I created them from my Creative Imagination.

The Only Reason I post the Questions you see above, is to get people to be up front and honest. Opinion. Why because its the Pony fans who know the Show the best and Hasbro Pony Design Styles.

It was because the the Amazing People of this Form right here and many other forms,  Whom shoving me in the mud, yelling at me to Stop being lazy , and Demand, I give it my 110% to Be Extremely Creative.

( If you be stupid to Reference Pony in your Novel Series, Hasbro will sue your butt and they will Will )

They were the amazing ones who helped me Invent Brand New Creative Species Names tethered to my Style.

They are all my Hero, and Yes even though you shoved me in the mud. Yes you are my Hero too. For its people like you who help inspire me even more to Bring out that 110% Within me to Truly Stand out.

In regards to the Novel Series, it does not evolve around the Four Species For the Mixed Species I invented and Created Have a Much Higher Role in the Books.

The Clydra and Batasus Species stories are 13 Novels long..  We follow their family Time Line.

Unlike Hasbro I do not Obsess over the 4 Main Species Domination the series. For there are Way more Species that are Just as Important. And many have lead Roles.,

You only seen the Artwork, you know nothing about the Folklore, History, traditions, or even the Struggles and hardships the face.

My art is only a Piece of the Equation, for there is far way more behind what you see on the Screen.

I will let you know this My content is not for those who are far to sensitive to the harsh realities of life..

However just like in our real world there are novels about us adults. And there is also children books about kids.

Besides I love the Clyony with the More Furry Body style look, She is what the Clyony Species originally looked like in the wild,  before an event in time, changed everything.

What do I mean...

In Time...

Laurie Ann Garland

Prince Leo Vine Tree.png

I wish you luck. I can’t really comment further because that’s about all I had to say. If you want to move forward then go for it. I wish you luck.

Its clear that you’ve got a response to any criticism that anyone says, so there’s really no point in trying to critique you because you’re not taking anything anyone says in, instead you’re trying so hard to say why anyone who has doubts, criticisms or harsh truths is wrong.

So good luck to you, but I have no interest in offering opinions or advice if you’ve already decided the only people you’re going to listen to are those who tell you what you want to hear and act very condescending to those who don’t.

Even if you manage to get this off the ground, your attitude toward criticisms and your potential audience is going to be your downfall. You’re being pretty condescending and mean to those who have legitimate concerns. These are potential customers who are going to in turn talk to other customers. Calling people “sad” and saying they need to be educated is not going to get you fans. You need fans to sell products.

You may think you have your bases checked when it comes to copyright but you’re currently showing you’re super bad at PR and customer relations which will ultimately screw you. At this moment you’re your own greatest enemy. If this is how you hope to win people over, here’s some advice from my business degree: quit now. Your attitude right now will be your downfall.

Edited by Guest

42 minutes ago, Key Sharkz said:

I wish you luck. I can’t really comment further because that’s about all I had to say. If you want to move forward then go for it. I wish you luck.

Its clear that you’ve got a response to any criticism that anyone says, so there’s really no point in trying to critique you because you’re not taking anything anyone says in, instead you’re trying so hard to say why anyone who has doubts, criticisms or harsh truths is wrong.

So good luck to you, but I have no interest in offering opinions or advice if you’ve already decided the only people you’re going to listen to are those who tell you what you want to hear and act very condescending to those who don’t.

Holly Cranberries your the one whom talked sour about Trademark Lawyer I have faith in him 110% he would not lead me into hot water.

And FYI, yes I plan to get a Copyright Non Infringement opinion from the Legal Experts. The Four Species that Hasbro will frown over, Not because of You, because of my Trademark Lawyer whom told me to do so. Better safe than sorry.

Your quick to judge thinking that I only listen to people i agree with, and ignore people like   You whom give their honest opinion..Actually I have the Highest Respect to you. You tell it like it is.. No matter what.

Its people like you whom helped advance my creative mind. And Look at all Worst case situations, and to look deeper into information.

To be honest I love this Series Filly Funtasia...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6cJItKcKAjM&amp;feature=player_embedded

Here is the Facebook link...

https://www.facebook.com/myfillyworld/

Yes I study research and more. Patent is where you can hold a monopoly to designs.  This is what I found in my research. However this process is Extremely Expensive, Cheaper to patent a clone than a Massive wave of Creative design characters.

https://molinaromedia.wordpress.com/2012/02/20/this-is-actually-patented-my-little-pony

The Purpose of a Trademark is to clarify confusion. That is why I'm moving on this now. 

Thank You kindly for you Upfront Honest Opinion. I wish you noting but the Best and finest of luck in your studies. 

Hugs,

Laurie Ann Garland

Edited by RaphLuna

Locking this topic. Per our guidelines, when an artist OP requests criticism and receives criticism they there is a level of respect that they are to show those that request those who have taken the time to state their concerns or observations. It is not tactful or helpful for an artist to become defensive about criticism that they solicited.

• Brohoof 1

• The topic was locked