Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general What makes you happy?

ssj4gogita4

Most members here will say that MLP, the show (and maybe the forums), makes them happy. But besides MLP, what in life makes you happy?

For me, it's bringing others joy by doing a "pay it forward" at Chick-Fil-A, or just helping others by volunteering, or spending time with friends and family (ranging from movies, tv, hanging out, etc.)

• Brohoof 4

Music; an art capable of expressing different emotions,and the most impactful thing in my life.

There's always been music for the ups and downs in my life,helping me through the tough times and reminding me of all the good times. 

Mostly playing games with friends nowadays. Other things make me happy but that is the biggest thing.

Music is probably the next biggest thing though.

• Brohoof 2

The one thing that still brings me joy is playing my saxophone in an ensemble. There's just something so fulfilling about being a part of something so cooperative while still being able to express myself freely. I can't really express myself through words very well, so music is how I let out my emotions.

• Brohoof 1

What makes me happy...

• Spending time with friends
  • Watching my favorite YouTube user’s videos
  • Watching my favorite television shows
  • Playing my video games
  • Dessert foods

Honestly, not many things make me feel content. I really feel like I don't deserve to be happy.

I mean, I used to like creating pony artwork. It distracted me from the overwhelming, painful thoughts of the past and present. But I don't find interest in drawing anymore as my emotional state has worsened immensely, and I truly feel like I'm slowly falling apart. The things I like to do doesn't matter to me these days. It's nothing but a mere memory.

• 4 weeks later...

Sleep, music, and roleplaying.

Sleep because, well, other than being necessary, it allows me an escape into a different world via dreams. I don't really remember my dreams very well, but I do like waking up happy and mellow. Whatever dreams I do have, they must be awesome, because I'm always wanting to go back to them when I get up.

Music, because of similar reasons. I enjoy a wide variety of music, and I have music for almost every emotion. I'll turn on some aggressive rap for when I'm feeling upset, because it allows me to be upset at whatever the artist was upset about when they wrote the piece. I'll turn on some piano or guitar music for when I'm feeling peaceful, because they cool me down and make me imagine the artist's state of mind when he was playing it. I'll turn on some rock or dubstep when I want to feel badass or get hyped up, because it makes me think of how much fun the artist had when making or playing it.

And roleplaying, because it's an escape from our terrible world into a different world, with different characters and different interactions. I'm not a fan of roleplays that involve a lot of combat, I much prefer those which deal with characters' emotions and growth, because I like seeing my characters grow and learn.

Yeh. :3

• 4 weeks later...

Primarily, talking to my boyfriend :catface: He makes me so happy! :D 

Though also some shows do as well. Steven Universe and the clips I occasionally watch over of Hazbin also make me happy.

I could also say playing certain games makes me fairly happy as well, on occasion.

• 9 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...