Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general Cosplayers UNITE!

Iris Flower

Hey... I like to cosplay... anyone else do that here too?

There are a few conventions and celebrations coming up in my state and I want to cosplay as  a "kawaii" Fluttershy this year. It would be my first time cosplaying an MLP character too. I already got a frilly skirt/apron to help pull everything together. Everything else I'm planning on making myself out of good materials (I'm a crafter) like ears, a tail, a hood and maybe some wings! 

Here is the skirt/apron I bought.

il_570xN.687089000_1vqp.jpg

• Brohoof 1

I would LOVE to get into cosplaying, I was planning on doing more of a closet cosplay of my Animal Crossing OC, Sage.  For the upcoming local convention.  I was debating whether or not I should get a wig for him but I don't know...

• Brohoof 1

I am a cosplayer. I’m not an expert but i’m alright at it. The last character I cosplayed as was Katsuki Bakugo (female version) from the anime My Hero Academia.

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, Thuja said:

I would LOVE to get into cosplaying, I was planning on doing more of a closet cosplay of my Animal Crossing OC, Sage.  For the upcoming local convention.  I was debating whether or not I should get a wig for him but I don't know...

I think you could definitely do it! No cosplay is perfect. I'm sure you'd look good. :)

I like to cosplay, but I haven't dressed up in a long time. It's fun to cosplay and it feels like I'm the actual character I'm dressing up as. The only cosplay's I've ever done were the Shippuden version of Naruto Uzumaki, Six Paths Sage Mode Naruto and Madara Uchiha. My next cosplay would be Deku from My Hero Academia. I've always wanted to make a cosplay for my MLP OC, Dynamo Pad.

On 2/14/2019 at 4:18 PM, Dynamo Pad said:

I like to cosplay, but I haven't dressed up in a long time. It's fun to cosplay and it feels like I'm the actual character I'm dressing up as. The only cosplay's I've ever done were the Shippuden version of Naruto Uzumaki, Six Paths Sage Mode Naruto and Madara Uchiha. My next cosplay would be Deku from My Hero Academia. I've always wanted to make a cosplay for my MLP OC, Dynamo Pad.

No matter how long it's been, the feeling of being a character never goes away. It's a magical feeling I feel everyone should have every chance we get. We need more pony OC cosplays in this fandom.

On 2/14/2019 at 4:25 PM, Treeglow Flicker said:

I've always wanted to cosplay. But have never had the opportunity to do so. Looks like a lot of fun. :mlp_yeehaa:

IT'S FUN AS ALL HECK.

• Brohoof 2

I only get costumed up at Halloween because of the time and effort involved in making the costumes, and I don't really go to conventions or venues that would justify the work. And I've never dressed up as a pony. @Iris Flower that Fluttershy skirt/apron combo is exquisite!! If I could, I would definitely try cosplay! I love dressing up and it looks so fun!

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, Iris Flower said:

No matter how long it's been, the feeling of being a character never goes away. It's a magical feeling I feel everyone should have every chance we get. We need more pony OC cosplays in this fandom.

You can say that again. The moment I dressed up as a character, I felt as if I was that character in my heart. It's truly a wondrous and magical feeling to be a character from a video game and/or anime. I remember there was a theme for crossovers at Bronycon one year. I was mad at myself for not knowing that, as I could have dressed up as Naruto. :mlp_laugh:

I'm hoping to try and make an MLP cosplay for Bronycon this year. Does a full body fur suit count as cosplay? If so, then I've always wanted to dress up in that kind of cosplay. Either a character from MLP, or Kurama, the nine tailed fox from Naruto. 

20 minutes ago, Dynamo Pad said:

You can say that again. The moment I dressed up as a character, I felt as if I was that character in my heart. It's truly a wondrous and magical feeling to be a character from a video game and/or anime. I remember there was a theme for crossovers at Bronycon one year. I was mad at myself for not knowing that, as I could have dressed up as Naruto. :mlp_laugh:

I'm hoping to try and make an MLP cosplay for Bronycon this year. Does a full body fur suit count as cosplay? If so, then I've always wanted to dress up in that kind of cosplay. Either a character from MLP, or Kurama, the nine tailed fox from Naruto. 

A full fursuit CAN be a cosplay if the wearer considers it one. I personally think it counts. I wish you luck!

On 2019-02-16 at 11:51 PM, Iris Flower said:

Well, is there any character you've been wanting to cosplay throughout that year? 

Not really. I haven't had much time on my hands, so I haven't really thought about it.

Edited by Cash_In

• 2 months later...

I've dressed up as Rainbow Dash before...so technically, yeah, you can call me a cosplayer. :P I also plan on possibly cosplaying a character off The Walking Dead for when I go to the TWD convention this Fall...

• 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...