Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What is the most physical pain you have experienced?

Hbk4894

Very rarely, I get this awful stabbing pain in my stomach. The first time it happened to me was when I was 8 and everyone thought I was faking it for some reason. That was great.

Edited by Cash_In

• 2 weeks later...

I don't remember very well the pain of any of my injuries since those all happened in my early childhood (the two incidents being: falling on my head and breaking my middle finger).

My most recent example of most severe pain was when I had an abscess tooth. The pain would start in my jaw, go through my ear, straight up to the top of my head. It would flare up randomly and none of my remedies for pain normally - pain killers, ice pack, heated up cornsack - would do anything for this pain. I had to go home from work once because of this, and I never did that.

The foot pain I deal with is not as severe, but is still really bad, and it is chronic, so it's really weighing on me.

I think my gallstones were the worst for me, couldn’t sleep and eating made me throw up absolutely everything and gag for a few minutes afterward.  Was so glad they quickly took it out, worst two week wait for surgery though...

I think a more recent pain was slipping on something at work and nearly doing the splits, I was ok afterward but everything in my crotch region hurt for the rest of the day and I was walking a bit funny(but that was more funny than painful tbh).  It’s not the worst I’ve felt but there was this quick, sharp pain.

• 1 month later...

I would say when I fractured my tibia and fibia, but that was so painful the pain wasn't there, because it slightly damaged a few of my nerves, so that pain was there, but it was the most surreal expearience I have ever experienced!

and to be honest, I'd put stepping on LEGO higher up painwise, because I could feel it!
So I'll put stepping on Lego or standing on UK (Type G) Mains outlets as the worst pain I've ever experienced, since you feel that 

There's a ceiling to pain, and I imagine it varies greatly depending on the person, and that no two people interpret pain exactly the same way. Likewise a person can be dulled to pain after a certain point, even if the pain is the same. I think I've hit the ceiling several times, through broken bones and stomach bugs.

I have a pretty high pain tolerance actually so honestly the worst pain I can remember is the other day when I sliced my nose when I was shaving. That or the day I got stung 21 times by yellow jackets.....that was a fun one.

• Brohoof 1

• 8 months later...

Stomach ache. Falling to the floor in pain. I think the only thing I was thinking about at that time was, this is pain, I have experienced pain, probably for the last time? Well, it was the last time I felt that much pain.

My stomach got much better after I started walking outside every single day. And so did my mind as well.

• Brohoof 1

Probably a tie between stomach ulcer I had and when I have dental work done. It’s a 50 50 chance on when I have fillings done if the numbing stuff will actually work or if I end up feeling it and in pain the whole time. 

• Brohoof 1

• 4 months later...

I'll never forget that vacation trip to France as a kid, where both me and my brother got hurt playing on a merry-go-round. So many bruises against the pavement! It took weeks to heal. But guess what? Pain was part of being a stupid kid :ButtercupLaugh:

But they should not have built a merry-go-round on top of asphalt! >_>

• Brohoof 1

Probably that time I stepped on a nail. 

I remember limping back to the house and falling to the floor almost in tears cause the pain ran all the way up my leg and into my thigh. 

When I was six I tripped in the cafeteria while running in Crocs and I broke my foot. I was too little to know what a broken foot was so I didn’t say anything about it. I did scream the rest of the day, though. My mom thought I was being dramatic until I got an X-ray and I had to wear a boot. School was strange after that. Everyone wanted to protect me and watch over me. Gotta admit it was nice, though. Too bad the boot was black and nobody could sign it.

• Brohoof 1

I’ve already posted here before but I have an update as of two weeks ago when I was having gallbladder attacks, one after another. That was some serious agony and I had to have surgery immediately. My first kidney stone was a doozie too, come to think of it.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

The laser surgery for the scars I had on my face as a teen. They numb you for it but for some reason only half of my face went numb. So one half was a cakewalk. The other was the most intense pain I have ever experienced.

Imagine if someone heated a butter knife until it was red hot, and they slowly dragged it across your face repeatedly with great force, so you were both being cut and burned. It hurt so bad I couldn’t see straight.

• Brohoof 1

Thankfully I've never broken any bones or had any major illnesses, so for me the first thing that comes to my mind would have to be this one time my family was on vacation in Hawaii and I remember I was running on a very rocky beach while it was dark (don't do that) and I tripped and fell and landed on my right knee. It hurt really really badly and I didn't even know how bad it was until I got back to the hotel room, I had blood running down my leg from my knee and my skin was just, practically gone where it had hit the rock. We wrapped my knee up in a bunch of gaze and stuff and the rest of the trip I was limping around it hurt every time I moved that leg and even when I wasn't moving there was still this burning sensation that I felt.

Luckily it never got infected or anything and I went to the doctor when I got home from the trip and he said the skin would just kinda grow back and heal itself, which it did eventually. The pain also went away on it's own after the skin started to heal too. I learned my lesson though- never run on uneven ground when it's too dark to see >_>