Hbk4894

What is the most physical pain you have experienced?

I smashed my head against a wall at my High School in Grade 10. I was lucky that I didn't end up having a concussion.

Badges

About half a year ago, I got a huge piece of Bhut x Neyde (a really hot species of chilli) on the tip of my... manhood. It was like getting chilli in my eye - pretty painful, to say the least. 

I got chemical burns on my face last summer from pesticides :( my eyes and nose were practically swollen shut and my lips were so swollen that they started to crack. Any facial movements made my face burn so... so much!!!

I don't remember very well the pain of any of my injuries since those all happened in my early childhood (the two incidents being: falling on my head and breaking my middle finger).

My most recent example of most severe pain was when I had an abscess tooth. The pain would start in my jaw, go through my ear, straight up to the top of my head. It would flare up randomly and none of my remedies for pain normally - pain killers, ice pack, heated up cornsack - would do anything for this pain. I had to go home from work once because of this, and I never did that.

The foot pain I deal with is not as severe, but is still really bad, and it is chronic, so it's really weighing on me.

Badges

Probably when I had appendicitis a few years ago. Yeah, that was not fun at all.

Badges

I think my gallstones were the worst for me, couldn’t sleep and eating made me throw up absolutely everything and gag for a few minutes afterward.  Was so glad they quickly took it out, worst two week wait for surgery though...

I think a more recent pain was slipping on something at work and nearly doing the splits, I was ok afterward but everything in my crotch region hurt for the rest of the day and I was walking a bit funny(but that was more funny than painful tbh).  It’s not the worst I’ve felt but there was this quick, sharp pain.

(edited)

When I was in the hospital on and off for kidney problems as a little kid, the things I went through...I won't go into details here cause frankly it just makes me uncomfortable and gives me bad memories, looking back on it now I just don't understand why they didn't put me under anethesia when they did that....

Edited by Lucky Bolt

Badges

Either the time when I broke my wrist or the time when I had appendicitis.

Badges

I would say when I fractured my tibia and fibia, but that was so painful the pain wasn't there, because it slightly damaged a few of my nerves, so that pain was there, but it was the most surreal expearience I have ever experienced!

and to be honest, I'd put stepping on LEGO higher up painwise, because I could feel it!
So I'll put stepping on Lego or standing on UK (Type G) Mains outlets as the worst pain I've ever experienced, since you feel that 

Badges

There's a ceiling to pain, and I imagine it varies greatly depending on the person, and that no two people interpret pain exactly the same way. Likewise a person can be dulled to pain after a certain point, even if the pain is the same. I think I've hit the ceiling several times, through broken bones and stomach bugs.

I have a pretty high pain tolerance actually so honestly the worst pain I can remember is the other day when I sliced my nose when I was shaving. That or the day I got stung 21 times by yellow jackets.....that was a fun one.

• Shocked 1
  • Delighted 1