Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Hearts and Hooves Day Trivia.

Ganondorf8

Welcome to the Hearts and Hooves Day Trivia here on the MLP Forums.

Unlike most previous trivia challenges that were dedicated to specific characters, this one is focused on a special day that is well known in Equestria. In our world, we refer to this occasion as Valentine's Day. Amongst ponies, it is known as Hearts and Hooves Day. I know what you're probably thinking right now. You think you're going to be given a series of questions that revolve around the obvious couple of Friendship is Magic, Shining Armour and Princess Cadance, right? Yet you'd be wrong about that. I mean, they are a part of the occasion yet there are other couples who are also a part of this so they deserve their due as well.

Whether you're involved in a relationship or are single, you can take part in this trivia in order to earn yourself a badge. The questions here are taken from Friendship is Magic and Equestria Girls, and are focused purely on the romance side of things. The comics are not being included here as apparently not everyone has read them so including them would lead to confusion.

So who do you send your answers to this time? I think @Princess Cadance would be appropriate enough. She is the Princess of Love after all and this special day does resonate with her even if she isn't its poster pony. Yes, please send your answers to her. You do have the standard four days after this thread is posted and you are allowed to work with others. Hints for most questions will be provided when necessary as well. 

Again, send your answers to @Princess Cadance.

How many questions? Will eight and a bonus suffice? That's what you've got so no complaints please.

Q1. What do the CMC do for Big Macintosh in 'Hearts and Hooves Day'?

Q2. Why was Twilight upset about her brother's marriage?

Q3. Cranky Doodle Donkey and Matilda's wedding had several problems that weren't their doing. Name at least two of these problems.

Q4. Though they did not become a couple, what do Big Macintosh and Marble Pie have in common?

Q5. Big Macintosh had to compete with someone to win the heart of Sugar Belle. Who was it?

Q6. In 'The Break-Up Breakdown', what caused romance troubles between Big Macintosh and Sugar Belle?

Q7. Sunset Shimmer and Flash Sentry were once an item though the former did so for what reason?

Q8. In Legend of Everfree, what did Gloriosa Daisy do that prevented Twilight Sparkle and Timber Spruce from having their special moment?

Bonus. In the 'Text Support' short of Equestria Girls, who are the three individuals who can help Twilight Sparkle deal with what Timber Spruce sent her? Also, what happens in each of their respective scenarios? (Note: For the second part, a good explanation for each scenario is needed.)

• Brohoof 1

29 minutes ago, Ganondorf8 said:

Q7. Sunset Shimmer and Flash Sentry were once an item though the former did so for what reason?

It's funny still to me that Sunset used to go out with Flash. 

Question 3 involving the Donkey Wedding is the only one I'm not entirely sure. I got half the answer. Maybe some one can give me a hint in a PM

Still, I know the answer to the Bonus Question, so I'm not too worried.

6 minutes ago, Will Guide said:

Question 3 involving the Donkey Wedding is the only one I'm not entirely sure. I got half the answer. Maybe some one can give me a hint in a PM

Still, I know the answer to the Bonus Question, so I'm not too worried.

There were a number of mishaps that occurred, too many to list and too many to ignore them all in favour of one, so I figured on having people guess at least two. As such, this question has several possible answers. Originally, I was going for three but changed it to two at the last minute.

1 hour ago, PoisonClaw said:

Think I did pretty good personally, except for the second half of the bonus question.

If you know where to look, it can easily be answered. To be honest, maybe I shouldn't have specified the exact short in question.

2 hours ago, Cash In said:

I think I'll be able to handle this, though I need to find some time to do so.

You do have until February 18th--as I type this--before the trivia ends so you do have a good amount of time.

3 minutes ago, Dreambiscuit said:

I think I've got the answers, except for Q7. Honestly that one's got me stumped! I hope we can get a little hint to help with that one. :rarity: 

It's probably exactly what you think it is. What would a megalomaniac care about in high school? 

• Brohoof 2

7 hours ago, Twilight Luna said:

Watch the beginning of Rainbow Rocks.

I'll accept this as a hint for that particular question.

• Brohoof 2

Just letting you all know that you still have tomorrow and Monday to submit your answers to Princess Cadance. When will she look over them? Most likely within a day or two after the trivia has reached its conclusion.

One more thing. Extensions past the deadline are allowed but I will decide if the reason warrants it. In other words, don't think you can use it without providing me with a very good reason.

• Brohoof 2

47 minutes ago, Cash In said:

And that's the trivia done and dusted. I'm pretty confident with my answers, though as usual, I don't wish to jinx it.

Princess Cadance will be the judge of that and all submissions for this trivia.

• Brohoof 1

2 minutes ago, Ganondorf8 said:

Princess Cadance will be the judge of that and all submissions for this trivia.

Well, hopefully the Princess will be pleased with our efforts.

• Brohoof 1

On 2/14/2019 at 10:04 PM, Ganondorf8 said:

Also, what happens in each of their respective scenarios?

I'm struggling with one of these (and yes I have a good explanation for why I couldn't do it until now), if they all have a scenario...

(just to be clear, "scenario" doesn't refer to what happens when she picks that person, right? it's only in relation to the thing Timber initially sent Twilight.)

(...okay, I just wrote both, just to be sure, and sent my thing)

Edited by Feather Spiral

5 hours ago, Feather Spiral said:

I'm struggling with one of these (and yes I have a good explanation for why I couldn't do it until now), if they all have a scenario...

(just to be clear, "scenario" doesn't refer to what happens when she picks that person, right? it's only in relation to the thing Timber initially sent Twilight.)

(...okay, I just wrote both, just to be sure, and sent my thing)

Scenario, in this case, does refer to the results when she asks each individual. So there would be three different explanations needed, one for each individual.