Auto or Manual

Mach33

Automatic or Manual Transmission   

17 users have voted

1. 1. Would you rather have an:

• Automatic transmission
    • Manual transmission

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 2019-03-01 at 09:21 AM

Automatic, as much as people argue about manual being superior and it gives you more control over your car at the end of the day I just prefer the simplicity of not worrying if I burn my engine by accident. 

• Brohoof 1

I drive an automanual car, so I can go either way. But I mostly drive it automatic because I prefer it when the car shifts when it wants. The car knows better than me what it needs to function at optimum proficiency, so I just stay out of the way and let it do its thing. 

• Brohoof 2

4 hours ago, Dreambiscuit said:

I drive an automanual car, so I can go either way. But I mostly drive it automatic because I prefer it when the car shifts when it wants. The car knows better than me what it needs to function at optimum proficiency, so I just stay out of the way and let it do its thing. 

Plus, the benefits of manual transmission are slowly starting to fade out as automatic cars are becoming more and more developed. Older manual cars do tend to be lighter than older automatic cars, but in recent years, eight or nine-speed automatics and CVTs have proven to be on par with the fuel efficiency of manuals, if not better. Not to mention there are many other methods if you want to save fuel, such as carpooling, using cruise control, and driving light. Or if your destination is only a few miles away, just don't drive at all and get a bike. 

• Brohoof 3

I prefer an automatic transmission. I'm not good with manual transmissions in cars but I have no problem with them in forklifts. 

Ford C6 is best automatic transmission  :mlp_proud:

• Brohoof 1

Even though I don't drive (yet; underage), I'd probably say automatic because I'd rather focus on my driving and not having to think about changing gears.

Edited by ILoveRara
  • Brohoof 4

I prefer Manual for fun. You have more control and feel more connected to the car and road. It becomes "automatic" to you after you get used to it. The only time I really mentally concentrate on shifting is if i am driving "enthusiastically":umad: because you have to be careful or you could break/grind something.

post-24370-0-16429000-1396062467_thumb.jpg

I get annoyed in rush hour traffic though as it gets tiring.

In the winter I drive an automatic, since I hate winter anyways and would be happy driving a cardboard box if it was warm and didn't get stuck.

Edited by Cirrus.
  • Brohoof 2

Manual is the default here in the UK - its unusual to see an automatic, although they ARE available - but I am looking forward to self-driving cars being a "thing" so that the answer is "not my problem, the robot does that" :D

• Brohoof 1

Driving a stick is FUN. I haven't driven for a while (Not since a tree leaped out in front of me!) but if I ever get another car, it will be a stick! Somepony buy me a Cobra like Rally drives in "Gunsmith Cats" I will get my nerve up and be on the streets in no time!

Oh, when that woman screams after getting her earlobe shot off, it isn't from pain. The woman is an insane killer. It's a primal scream of rage! Now I have to watch "Gunsmith Cats" again!

Edited by cuteycindyhoney
  • Brohoof 1