Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

New Movie Planned for 2021

PinkiePie97

I'll say this now - those two years will pass by like it's nothing. Regardless, I'm quite interested in seeing what direction this film is going to go in.

When this comes out, I'll have been a brony for ten years. :o What a way to celebrate my tenth anniversary! ...Two months late, but still! :kirin: I am also not worried about the time we have to wait in the slightest. Two years, that goes by like nothing when you have other franchises or even other types of MLP-related media to keep you busy. :nom:

5 hours ago, Splashee said:

Usually toys are leaked before the movie. What you might expect?

Hide contents

jUubA8I.jpg

Hide contents

yXwDFD6.jpg

Hide contents

b0uemoW.jpg

Hide contents

PfRvovd.jpg

EQD has confirmed these are upcoming G4 toyline and not G5.

to be honest, I’m no longer so exited for this movie now that’s not G4 :sunny:

• Brohoof 1

On 11/9/2019 at 7:16 AM, Steve Piranha said:

EQD has confirmed these are upcoming G4 toyline and not G5.

to be honest, I’m no longer so exited for this movie now that’s not G4 :sunny:

One should try and keep an open conscious about such endeavors. Assume that G5 could be just as if not more delightful than G4.

Edited by Rarity Gemstones
  • Brohoof 2

Hopefully we won't have to wait too long for a teaser. The first thing I'm curious about is the aesthetics and art direction of the movie -- and G5 for that matter. 

Letting us have an idea what the movie is going to look like isn't asking for too much, is it?

2 hours ago, Rarity Gemstones said:

One should try and keep an open conscious about such endeavors. Assume that G5 could be just as if not more delightful than G4.

I didn’t mean I wouldn’t give it a chance, but I felt in love for the world of FIM and it’s characters, not the franchise  :sunny:. If it were a soft reboot which makes minor references events from FIM at least once however :fluttershy:....

19 hours ago, Remnants said:

Hopefully we won't have to wait too long for a teaser. The first thing I'm curious about is the aesthetics and art direction of the movie -- and G5 for that matter. 

Letting us have an idea what the movie is going to look like isn't asking for too much, is it?

Probably nowhere near ready for even a trailer at this point. I wouldn't expect one for at least a year, attached to the next Disney Animation film after Frozen 2. And there isn't even a trailer for that yet.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Do we really need another movie? What would it be about, that we haven't already seen?

Unless of course it is the start of G5, then I am worried about potential CGI being carried over to G5.

• Brohoof 2

On 4/19/2020 at 10:57 AM, jessicamoss said:

Any new about this movie?

Nothing since November 2019. We should expect a cast and plot details for the new movie being revealed this summer.

On 4/25/2020 at 12:42 PM, Rarity Gemstones said:

With the current pandemic, such plans may get delayed.

Depends on how much work has already been invested into it. Movie isn't supposed to be out until September of next year anyway.

On 4/25/2020 at 8:42 PM, Rarity Gemstones said:

With the current pandemic, such plans may get delayed.

It seems very likely that the production and the release will be delayed by a few months, although its all just speculations as of now. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
6 hours ago, SaburoDaimando said:

I have a feeling that, thanks to CoVid-19, the MLP Movie may be delayed to 2022.

Well, theaters are gradually re-opening, so now it's a less chance that'll happen. Recently, Paramount did cancel the SpongeBob SquarePants film in theaters on August 7, 2020 and re-scheduled for a VOD release in early 2021. Moreover, all of Allspark's other upcoming films were all pushed back to later dates recently except the MLP film.

On 5/24/2020 at 3:56 PM, Darkness Void said:

Has there a trailer released or this yet? 

If the film does not get pushed back to 2022, a trailer will be expected by March 2021.

On 6/23/2020 at 1:35 AM, FirePuppy said:

If the film does not get pushed back to 2022, a trailer will be expected by March 2021.

My Birthday month, now that'd be a gift. X3 I wonder where it'll place within the show - unless it's the prequel to Gen5 I heard about.

1 minute ago, Darkness Void said:

My Birthday month, now that'd be a gift. X3 I wonder where it'll place within the show - unless it's the prequel to Gen5 I heard about.

We don't know the date yet, it could be changed. Let's hope for the best!

• Brohoof 1

• 4 weeks later...

I'll most likely see it in theaters a few times. I'll possibly wear a Dashie t shirt and maybe bring my Dashie plushie as well.

I'm not weird I swear.