Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

New Movie Planned for 2021

PinkiePie97

1 hour ago, CookieCakes said:

I'll most likely see it in theaters a few times. I'll possibly wear a Dashie t shirt and maybe bring my Dashie plushie as well.

I'm not weird I swear.

It's not weird to bring your merchandise to a theater showing about that merchandise. I'll probably do the same.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I would go if it's animated in the style of Animal Logic's Happy Feet and Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga'Hoole. If it isn't, I'm afraid it won't mean much to me, given that the story won't mean anything more to older audiences than the 2017 film did, and that the franchise's commercial performance won't be swayed by quality much.

Edited by Paianni

• 1 month later...
5 hours ago, corvette said:

I hope for a release in 2021 too.

I think it will be in September next year. Will be "computer animated" and will introduce a new cast of ponies (meaning it will act as a premiere for G5?)

6 hours ago, Splashee® said:

I think it will be in September next year. Will be "computer animated" and will introduce a new cast of ponies (meaning it will act as a premiere for G5?)

Anything is possible, but unlikely. For some reason, I think that the sketch (not G5) will be like an MLP film and like a Rainbow Roadtrip.

14 hours ago, Photon Jet said:

A new story, a new mane cast, a new generation. It's time to pass the torch.

New internet kids are ready to fall in love with colorful ponies!

I think the movies are going to be very mixed, having a huge gap between the pre-teens (4-12), and the 30+, since most of you will be 30+ when G5 comes out :Thorax: It will be as odd, just like when the Bronies first appeared in Media

• Brohoof 1

8 hours ago, Splashee® said:

New internet kids are ready to fall in love with colorful ponies!

I think the movies are going to be very mixed, having a huge gap between the pre-teens (4-12), and the 30+, since most of you will be 30+ when G5 comes out :Thorax: It will be as odd, just like when the Bronies first appeared in Media

But there's nothing wrong with that at all. Any person can watch it and shouldn't be judged because of that, just like when watching Friendship is Magic.

On 7/22/2020 at 9:54 PM, Savy said:

I'll most likely see it in theaters a few times. I'll possibly wear a Dashie t shirt and maybe bring my Dashie plushie as well.

I'm not weird I swear.

Pffff. I’ve dressed as I was going on a date with the Mane 6 when I went to the premiere night of the pony movie :dash:. That definitely make me a weirdo :orly:

7 hours ago, Photon Jet said:

But there's nothing wrong with that at all. Any person can watch it and shouldn't be judged because of that, just like when watching Friendship is Magic.

We will be judged all the same...

Only time will tell. The new generation of kids might enjoy spending their time with adults, or they might attack us in everything we say, throw Fortnite memes at us, and even call us grandfathers! :eww:

• 1 month later...
19 hours ago, Madame Rarity said:

so is this still happening or not? because we haven;t goteen any new info.

I have no idea. It probably won't be released in 2021 since there hasn't been anymore info on it, or it maybe won't be released at all since the Covid has shut everything down. Who knows? 

9 minutes ago, Zackery Rakes said:

I have no idea. It probably won't be released in 2021 since there hasn't been anymore info on it, or it maybe won't be released at all since the Covid has shut everything down. Who knows? 

that's darn shame.

7 hours ago, Zackery Rakes said:

If there were any danger of it being delayed, there'd most likely be at least be some vague rumor hitting the internet. So I suppose no news is good news.

Most movies don't have a boatload of information released until about six months prior to their release date, so I wouldn't get too anxious about the lack of info.

That being said, COVID has shaken everything up so it's still very possible it could end up getting delayed, but many animated productions have been able to continue relatively unfazed since they can be done remotely and if things are still bad by September next year I'm pretty sure it'd just end up going to streaming.

Edited by n1029

The release date roughly coincides with when experts predict things will get back to normal. It'd be interesting if ticket sales got a bump from people flocking back to theaters after we can finally ditch the "social distancing" thing.

I am still quite worried here. The only real bridge between us and the next generation has yet to be shown. I don't know how much I want to be part of G5 if the first sign of a 3D movie is being displayed. I am never spending my life waiting for something that will be, at best, a Pixar movie. And that is "at best". You cannot make me jump up and down for a movie like Frozen either.

On 10/18/2020 at 8:00 AM, Splashee® said:

I am still quite worried here. The only real bridge between us and the next generation has yet to be shown. I don't know how much I want to be part of G5 if the first sign of a 3D movie is being displayed. I am never spending my life waiting for something that will be, at best, a Pixar movie. And that is "at best". You cannot make me jump up and down for a movie like Frozen either.

If this were on the level of a Pixar movie I'd think most folks here would be pretty freaking ecstatic.