Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

New Movie Planned for 2021

PinkiePie97

Highly doubt the new movie will be like this, but I have a pitch for it if I was charge. It's a film based on Friendship Is Magic/G4, but set in it's own continuity. It would star the Mane Six (With the lead cast returning as well) and be a film adaptation of the 2 part premiere on a grander scale (Think the heart and characters of MLP meets the scope of Lord Of The Rings meets Zack Snyder like visuals).

• Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...

I would think that enough people would get the vaccine by September, but I'm guessing there's still fear about whether or not it will be safe enough for theaters to be open by then. I'm personally happy that I don't have to feel awkward seeing it at the theater, but I worry it won't be as profitable being a Netflix release. I'm worried about how the CGI will look (if the rumors I've heard are true), since characters who have been done in one format for years don't always convert to another format well. That being said, I do like the stuff I've heard about G5 regarding G4.

• Brohoof 1

4 hours ago, Trixie Heartstrings said:

I would think that enough people would get the vaccine by September, but I'm guessing there's still fear about whether or not it will be safe enough for theaters to be open by then. I'm personally happy that I don't have to feel awkward seeing it at the theater, but I worry it won't be as profitable being a Netflix release. I'm worried about how the CGI will look (if the rumors I've heard are true), since characters who have been done in one format for years don't always convert to another format well. That being said, I do like the stuff I've heard about G5 regarding G4.

Oh, it should be at least 85% safe (IMO) by then for theaters to be open, but I think with the fact that other studio's BIG movies are/have been scheduled or rescheduled for around that time, I don't think Hasbro/Paramount want to chance their movie getting overshadowed by them. 

Also, historically, the last MLP Movie that went to theaters to be used as set up for a NEW MLP Series, was 1986, and that didn't do so well, and I'm sure there are those at Hasbro that are working on film, and those that have been with the company since that time,  know or aware of this, and don't want to chance not making any box office back.

It also raises the question, is this setting up NETFLIX as the potential new home for the G5 Series? Or is it just for the Movie? Makes you wonder.

The 2021 My Little Pony Movie Heading To Netflix, Instead of The Big Screen in September 2021

Edited by bwrosas

• The topic was unpinned