Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general Have you ever wished you got better grades at school?

FirePuppy

This is a question for high school and college graduates.

Have you ever wished you earned better grades back when you were still in elementary/middle/high school, when you didn't know how it would feel to get F's, D's and more C's than other students as you do now?

Not really. My grades were quite good then, but I do speculate on what it would have been like to get all A’s. 

I more often wish that my standardized test scores were higher.

1 hour ago, Hardway Bet said:

I wished for it back then, but so far, the only time in my life my grades actually mattered, I would have been better off if they were lower.

Interesting. Care to explain?

I actually wish I had lower grades at school, so I wouldn't set the bar for myself so high. Now I get really depressed when the results of my work are assessed as average or bad, and this is because I never got used to grades below A-.

I just did okay in school. I wasn’t a staright A student nor was I straight F student. I was an average student. Although, I did make the honor roll in high school once. 

I have never cared even once how good my grades were because it simply never mattered. My parents home-schooled me after 8th grade and the grades I got previously never made the slightest difference in my life. They're all just meaningless statistics that don't accurately reflect intelligence, perception or intuition because such things can't be encapsulated by a vague overall score or predetermined set of guidelines. It doesn't work that way in real life, hence my grades are of no concern to me, never were and never will be.  

• 1 month later...

Well in high school it wasn't possible for me to get higher grades...

But in college my grades have dropped as the semesters went on. And I don't care, because GPA doesn't matter much. You can easily inflate it with easy classes.

Edited by Zestanor

I was pretty much staright A's and B's in high school. 3.9 in both college and tech school. I wish they had been lower, because that would mean I didn't waste my youth on pointless things. History has shown that my grades never mattered, so all that happened was missing out on all of the fun by focusing on "getting good grades to get a good job." The only thing I learned in school that had any real impact on my life was how to be utterly terrified of people.

• 9 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Not sure what it would have affected in my case. Pointless letters on a paper eventually meant nothing to me, as did most of school in the latter part of my high school years. My only real regret in regards to school is that it wasted so many years of my life. I've learned more in the past several years online than I ever did in school. When one is actually learning on their own accord and at their own pace on whatever they please, that certainly is more enjoyable than being groomed to become a cogwheel in the machine.

• 3 years later...

No. I got mostly good grades in high school, but those classes are things I never cared about. I had learning difficulties, but I still set my own expectations too high. Wasn't until grade 11 when I finally just decided to wing everything. It's not like those grades really affect my life now or anything. :rarity: