Sign in to follow this  
FirePuppy

General Have you ever wished you got better grades at school?

This is a question for high school and college graduates.

Have you ever wished you earned better grades back when you were still in elementary/middle/high school, when you didn't know how it would feel to get F's, D's and more C's than other students as you do now?

Badges

I wished for it back then, but so far, the only time in my life my grades actually mattered, I would have been better off if they were lower.

Badges

Not really. My grades were quite good then, but I do speculate on what it would have been like to get all A’s. 

I more often wish that my standardized test scores were higher.

1 hour ago, Hardway Bet said:

I wished for it back then, but so far, the only time in my life my grades actually mattered, I would have been better off if they were lower.

Interesting. Care to explain?

Badges

My grades were just high enough that I got into the college my dad wanted. I'd have been better off going to something I wanted.

Badges

Not particularly. The only times that I got really low grades was in Elementary school, and those have no bearing on my life whatsoever.

There was no wishing for me, I had to get good grades or get punished, that was just part of my life when I was younger. 

• Brohoof 1

Badges

I actually wish I had lower grades at school, so I wouldn't set the bar for myself so high. Now I get really depressed when the results of my work are assessed as average or bad, and this is because I never got used to grades below A-.

Badges

At the time, yes. Now? I don't give a flying feather! I never went to college (SHOCK!) and right now I have no plans on going.

• Cheer 1

Not really, I did pretty well at school, went on and did college and university, however my qualifications haven't really helped me at all in life. I don't think it would have made a difference had I achived better results.

Badges

I think I did the best I could. Got a few Bs (which are frowned upon) but I don't think it would be worth it to go back and get all As.

I just did okay in school. I wasn’t a staright A student nor was I straight F student. I was an average student. Although, I did make the honor roll in high school once. 

It would've been nice to get higher grades back then. But considering how things have played out over the years since my school days, higher grades really wouldn't have made any difference. I would still be where I am right now.

Badges

I had an average of 94.3  (an A) between all of my classes in high school, so I don't really. Though I wish I didn't have to do those stupid bug and plant collections in Biology... :dry:

Badges

I have never cared even once how good my grades were because it simply never mattered. My parents home-schooled me after 8th grade and the grades I got previously never made the slightest difference in my life. They're all just meaningless statistics that don't accurately reflect intelligence, perception or intuition because such things can't be encapsulated by a vague overall score or predetermined set of guidelines. It doesn't work that way in real life, hence my grades are of no concern to me, never were and never will be.  

I do..but at the end of the day it's all my doing for getting that grade.