Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Season 9 CONFIRMED to be the last season.

CastletonSnob

2 minutes ago, cuteycindyhoney said:

I'm fine with this news. 9 seasons, a theatrical film, multiple specials and spin offs. It's a huge body of work!

Will have to wait and see. I am guessing that, if G5 flops, they will find a reason to resurrect FiM...

• Brohoof 3

As I said in another thread: we knew this for months now, so this confirmation really just feels like it's only intended for those who were in denial. We also have confirmed the next movie will be CGI and that other FiM content will continue for the foreseeable future.

1 minute ago, Key Sharkz said:

As I said in another thread: we knew this for months now, so this confirmation really just feels like it's only intended for those who were in denial. We also have confirmed the next movie will be CGI and that other FiM content will continue for the foreseeable future.

I wouldn't say we were in denial so much as we were uncertain. 

Just now, TheAnimationFanatic said:

I wouldn't say we were in denial so much as we were uncertain. 

There was no reason to be uncertain.

Everything else from the leaks had come true, so there was no reason to doubt that the show ending was untrue since it was also in said leaks.

8 minutes ago, TheAnimationFanatic said:

Though it will be hard saying goodbye to Friendship is Magic, I am glad that it's ending before it hits seasonal rot. After 9 Seasons, 221 episodes, multiple spin-offs, shorts, and specials, I think this show has had a good run and made a considerable impact.

I agree. MLP:FiM left a pretty big impact on pop culture, while also creating a group of "MLP Trekkies" in the process. 

Edited by Sparklefan1234
  • Brohoof 4

So the rumors were true. I'm going to miss looking forward to seeing new episodes of the show, but it was a fun ride and I will have fond memories of watching it and discussing it with other people. I've met some amazing people thanks to MLP.

In the end, it's never truly "goodbye", but "see you around". I'm glad they're not going to drag it out and I look forward to seeing how FiM ends!

• Brohoof 4

This is it. The end of the Road is here.

Let's look at this way, this show has followed through our Lifes (or atleast for me) for almost a decade. That's an incredibly long time for a cartoon show.

Let's enjoy the last season and cherish the memories that we had.

• Brohoof 1

I can't say I'm particularly surprised, considering how long it has been rumored... But it's still sad to see it confirmed – it would have been nice to see at least a tenth season. At least it lasted longer than a lot of other cartoons, and I got to be in the fandom while it's still active.

• Brohoof 3

It was bound to happen, considering that many other shows of this decade have come to an end(Ex: Adventure Time, Regular Show, TMNT 2012, Wander over Yonder, Star Wars Rebels).  But still, regardless, it was a wild ride from 2010 to 2019.  It has lasted longer than many shows from my childhood(Especially Animaniacs, a favorite of my past).  It will be missed once 2019 is over(Alongside the Avengers era of the Marvel Cinematic Universe AND the sequel era of Star Wars).

So, since someone decided to play some music to celebrate its ending, I'll join in with something from Keola and Kapono Beamer

Only Good Times - Keola and Kapono Beamer

Edited by SaburoDaimando
  • Brohoof 1

3 minutes ago, BasementSparkle said:

Welp, there goes one of the few things left that was still making me even a little bit happy.

This year is only 2 months in and it's already sucking as much as the last one.

Don't be sad that it's over, be happy that it happened. Besides, they'll probably continue making animated shorts for a while. 

• Brohoof 4

To be honest I am not too upset that season 9 is the final season.  9 seasons and a movie is soo much better than what most cartoons even get.  

While I will be a little sad to something that I really enjoyed and had fun with come to an end, all good things must eventually come to an end, and I would rather see FiM go out nicely rather than see it become a shell of its former self like The Simpsons.

Also I am generally curious to see what the next iteration in MLP will have in store, and hopefully I will be able to get into it just like I was able to get into FiM.

Edited by cmarston1
  • Brohoof 6

Not sure if I will be able to handle this. The thought of it ending hasn't really sunk in for me until this official confirmation and I already am not taking it well. I think of all the memories of the past 6+ years and how this show started what was essentially a mini era of my life. Soon it will be over. I won't know what to do.

• Brohoof 1

Just now, TheAnimationFanatic said:

Don't be sad that it's over, be happy that it happened. Besides, they'll probably continue making animated shorts for a while. 

I am happy it happened, but I don't have much capacity for happiness right now and this show was one of the only things managing to cheer me up even a bit, now it's officially ending and I can't deny it even more, and soon I'll be stuck with rewatching, which is great too, but not the same as something new.

Animated shorts or specials for a bit after the show's end would be nice and maybe take a little of the sting out, but still.

• Brohoof 2