Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Season 9 CONFIRMED to be the last season.

CastletonSnob

I have been saying season 9 was the final season since season 4, actually. It's been confirmed by hasbro from a long time ago that this is exactly what they intended from at least season 3 or so. 

5 hours ago, Star Petal said:

I have been saying season 9 was the final season since season 4, actually. It's been confirmed by hasbro from a long time ago that this is exactly what they intended from at least season 3 or so. 

All they said back then was that they planned to continue MLP through 2019. It wasn't confirmed that it would stop after that. They still could've continued it beyond that, and even then, they could've been referring to G4 as a whole and not the show.

https://www.equestriadaily.com/2014/02/hasbro-investor-webcast-information-eqg.html

• Brohoof 1

On 3/9/2019 at 8:07 AM, PinkiePie97 said:

All they said back then was that they planned to continue MLP through 2019. It wasn't confirmed that it would stop after that. They still could've continued it beyond that, and even then, they could've been referring to G4 as a whole and not the show.

https://www.equestriadaily.com/2014/02/hasbro-investor-webcast-information-eqg.html

The final season will be the last FIM project made by DHX, and other than two specials , there was no mention of any further G4 horse projects mentioned in the leaks :mlp_huh:. However, other studios making small scale G4 horses doesn’t sound far fetched either, as between the series finale, and the G5 movie, is a large gap, and I don’t think Hasbro wants a year without some horse presence 

• Brohoof 2

On 3/2/2019 at 2:00 PM, Steve Piranha said:

You know? Many of you may remember, but every time a new milestone in the FIM universe is about to occur, I upload videos of the 72 hours in Majora’s Mask, ending with this the midnight before with this as a joke

I do it before a premiere, finale, an EG movie or special, and I did it once in the pony movie..... I won’t post that for the series finale. I don’t think it fits my mood for joking. I’ll post something more dignified, more goodbye worthy :adorkable:

I thought the Majora's Mask countdown was my thing! Well Great minds think alike!

• Brohoof 1

6 hours ago, MAIKUN said:

I will say this: I really want Starlight to betray the Mane Sixso badly, because I always wanted that to happen.

You said the same thing about the CMC losing their cutie marks and friendships. Which is very unlikely. It simply wouldn't do to have a character undo many episodes worth of growth. Not Starlight and not the CMC.

tumblr_o6n0dpw1de1rvp4o7o2_500.gif.5c37bbb576b64db41040b6df7d3bb915.gif

• Brohoof 4

On 3/14/2019 at 3:04 AM, Will Guide said:

You said the same thing about the CMC losing their cutie marks and friendships. Which is very unlikely. It simply wouldn't do to have a character undo many episodes worth of growth. Not Starlight and not the CMC.

Eventually it will happen for sure.

24 minutes ago, Them's Seeing Ponies said:

Is there really any point in believing that a highly implausible theory with no evidence supporting its occurrence both in-universe and otherwise will "happen for sure"?

Something interesting could happen, with whoever. Something the show has been lacking evercsince Discord turned is a good rogue character. Someone not on either side, except their own. What would happen if Trixie did something stupid that really hurt Starlight? She still seems very vulnerable, to me anyway.

You're right about the show's tendency to pull twists and status quo shifts (since season 3, anyways, although I actually thought that Discord's reformation was a compelling concept considering his motivations were theoretically the moral ambiguous of any of the pre-S4 villain roster due to his chaos stemming from his own self-serving tendencies); I was actually referring to the fact that there was no evidence that the CMC would permanently lose their marks (a concept which neither the show nor the crew has ever implied to be feasible) 'for sure'. 

Edited by Them's Seeing Ponies

I cannot believe that the ninth season will be the last season of the Friendship is Magic era. :( We want more with the show of My Little Pony as we expect for the next decade: the next generation but to keep the Mane 6 ponies and potentially keep the same design as the fourth generation.