Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Season 9 CONFIRMED to be the last season.

CastletonSnob

As disappointing as this news is, for those who followed the leaks, this isn't surprising at all. Its five-year brand extension was running out, and the content leaked showed how much they were planning for G5. Whether G5's development has been smooth sailing or not I don't know. But they had some decent ideas, and i want to see what G5 can do that can not only continue FIM's legacy, but also fix some of its flaws.

As for S9, it's been a hell of the ride, but the train doesn't have to stop yet. There's still a season left, along with the upcoming special. Seasons 7 and 8 are among FIM's best, and there's still plenty to anticipate for S9. I've been a brony for over seven and a half years, and I'm gonna enjoy what Season 9 and Bronydom have to offer.

Herd onward, bronies! ^_^

• Brohoof 7

Well, I haven't followed the series a lot since 2014 although I did watch the movie when it came, but I'm probably one of the few that's happy that it's coming to an end, it's just one of those things that's now past it's prime years and it really doesn't have much to offer left to everyone, but that doesn't mean I didn't enjoy following the show when it was great aka 2012-2014. The Tirek episode killed it for me afterwards.

Just now, BasementSparkle said:

I am happy it happened, but I don't have much capacity for happiness right now and this show was one of the only things managing to cheer me up even a bit, now it's officially ending and I can't deny it even more, and soon I'll be stuck with rewatching, which is great too, but not the same as something new.

Animated shorts or specials for a bit after the show's end would be nice and maybe take a little of the sting out, but still.

To be honest, rewatching a show from the beginning can be more rewarding than watching it fresh in a lot of ways.

Just now, Dark Qiviut said:

As disappointing as this news is, for those who followed the leaks, this isn't surprising at all. Its five-year brand extension was running out, and the content leaked showed how much they were planning for G5. Whether G5's development has been smooth sailing or not I don't know. But they had some decent ideas, and i want to see what G5 can do that can not only continue FIM's legacy, but also fix some of its flaws.

As for S9, it's been a hell of the ride, but the train doesn't have to stop yet. There's still a season left, along with the upcoming special. Seasons 7 and 8 are among FIM's best, and there's still plenty to anticipate for S9. I've been a brony for over seven and a half years, and I'm gonna enjoy what Season 9 and Bronydom have to offer.

The fact that it's managed to make an impact in pop culture and remain consistent in quality for nearly a decade speaks volumes.

• Brohoof 6

Just now, TheAnimationFanatic said:

To be honest, rewatching a show from the beginning can be more rewarding than watching it fresh in a lot of ways.

That's true, but I practically do a rewatch through of the show once or twice a year, so I've already rewatched stuff a bunch of times. Especially the earlier seasons, and that's not even taking into account the times I've just watched a random episode or two for the sake of it.

I'll probably still keep doing it, since I love this show so much even a rewatch is often better than even watching a really good new show for me, but it's still not the same as having new episodes to look forward to.

• Brohoof 1

Even though it's linked directly in OP,  I'm going to link to the actual official post.

Anyways, it's sad for it to go, but all good things most come to an end.

• Brohoof 1

That's true, but I practically do a rewatch through of the show once or twice a year, so I've already rewatched stuff a bunch of times. Especially the earlier seasons, and that's not even taking into account the times I've just watched a random episode or two for the sake of it.

I'll probably still keep doing it, since I love this show so much even a rewatch is often better than even watching a really good new show for me, but it's still not the same as having new episodes to look forward to.

Besides, there are many animated shows that can fill the void.

Just now, CypherHoof said:

Bearing in mind though - the last time this happened, a certain unicorn got her wings early....

True. Season three was originally written to be the last. But during production (while S2 was still airing new episodes), Hasbro ordered S4.

• Brohoof 3

3 minutes ago, CypherHoof said:

Bearing in mind though - the last time this happened, a certain unicorn got her wings early....

I don’t think the same miracle will happen again, as they have been planning for the next generation for a while now

Besides, there are many animated shows that can fill the void.

Haha...no.

Steven Universe, Adventure Time, Star Vs, Rick and Morty, etc. I've seen them all, great shows, definitely not filling any void any time soon. Especially since some of them have already ended/might be ending soon.

To me, I don't think it's a void that's gonna get filled, I think it's just gonna be one of those holes in your heart that never goes away, you just kinda have to learn to live with it. Might be silly to get that kind of feeling from a TV show, but that's how I am.

• Brohoof 1

Sup brahs? This is MegaSean45 here, and I know there's already been a few posts talking about the final season, but I want to share with you how I look at it, and maybe it'll give you motivation!

We had a great run! But it's NOT over yet! The season hasn't started yet! And it's a FULL 26 EPISODES! We're gonna be ok, brahs! We're gonna be ok! Don't be afraid of the show ending, cause I'm not! I'm only afraid of it ending anti-climatically! I want this show to end with a BANG! All story arcs finished, no character gets cheated, no bad episodes, everyone gets a fair chance in the spotlight, and most importantly, Spike getting his what he rightfully deserves! Same for Glimglam, and Pinkie, and Flutters, and Big Mac, and everyone else! Let's give this season the BEST!

G5 is coming after that! But if you're not interested in it, like me, just watch another show and join another fandom! It'll probably be as easy as it was to join this one! You'll probably find shows just as good as this one, or even better! It ain't the end of the world! You can even go back and rewatch the show from the beginning! There's also fanfiction, and MAYBE even a fanmade animated series to continue the show, if Hasbro's ok with it! We made alota friends here that we'll treasure forever more! We can still stick together and be there for eachother! Equestria Girls MIGHT still continue, and who knows? Maybe even some G4 shorts will continue! They only said season season 9 is the last season, they never said they're gonna stop making MLP shorts or specials from time to time! ;) But I hope promise you anything. Just don't lose hope! Love and tolerance, like always, and friendship prevails! 

So what do ya say? Wanna go to Equestria for an adventure... one more time? :)

• Brohoof 2

Haha...no.

Steven Universe, Adventure Time, Star Vs, Rick and Morty, etc. I've seen them all, great shows, definitely not filling any void any time soon. Especially since some of them have already ended/might be ending soon.

To me, I don't think it's a void that's gonna get filled, I think it's just gonna be one of those holes in your heart that never goes away, you just kinda have to learn to live with it. Might be silly to get that kind of feeling from a TV show, but that's how I am.

I have to agree. There are other shows like the ones you mentioned but they never really felt the same the way MLP:FiM has to me.

I'm not saying they are bad, it's just they aren't as good in my opinion.

• Brohoof 4

Haha...no.

Do any of these shows float your fancy?:

- Ducktales (2017)

- Big City Greens

- Star Wars Resistance

- The Owl House (Coming Soon)

- Amphibia (Coming Soon)

• Brohoof 1

13 minutes ago, AveryGamerDude said:

Well looks like I do have to give up everything after all. :(

This is only the end of the current generation, but not the fandom and there is always Gen 5. Look at the next gen with positivity!

12 minutes ago, Dark Qiviut said:

I'm going to have to agree heavily with DQ here. We knew this was coming.

Also Gen 5 does not mean the end of the fandom, it just means a new start. I am going to give Gen 5 an honest chance.

This isn’t really surprising- we’ve all been expecting it for a long time. It’s had an immensely long lifespan for a kid’s cartoon vessel to sell toys.

I’ll be sad to see it go, even though the last episode I watched would’ve been the first episode of season 3.

• Brohoof 1

- Ducktales (2017)

- Big City Greens

- Star Wars Resistance

- Amphibia (Coming Soon)

Also Lauren Faust's next project (DC Super Hero Girls) debuts in March.

I feel like Hasbro has an interest in maintaining fan engagement even after the series ends, so I wonder if it'll ever really "feel" like it has truly ended before they start promoting the next movie. Guessing that was the strategy behind these shorts they've been putting out.

• Brohoof 1

By the way, I want to let everyone know to treat others with kindness in this thread. Yeah, we might be having some differing opinions on the show ending in a year or so, but let's keep it civil.

• Brohoof 1

Just now, TwilySparky said:

By the way, I want to let everyone know to treat others with kindness in this thread. Yeah, we might be having some differing opinions on the show ending in a year or so, but let's keep it civil.

I know.  I knew this day would come(Thanks alot Mr Leaks).  BUt even then, alot of us are sad that its happening.  I'll do what I can stay civil.

And on a side note, you accidentally double-posted.

Edited by SaburoDaimando

3 minutes ago, TheAnimationFanatic said:

- Ducktales (2017)

- Big City Greens

- Star Wars Resistance

- Amphibia (Coming Soon)

Already seen some of Ducktales, like it and been meaning to watch more, but no MLP replacement. Some of those other ones look nice, but none of them look super appealing to me or like they'd be able to make me feel better about MLP's end. Thanks for the recommendations though.

• Brohoof 2