Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Season 9 CONFIRMED to be the last season.

CastletonSnob

Just now, SaburoDaimando said:

I know.  I knew this day would come(Thanks alot Mr Leaks).  BUt even then, alot of us are sad that its happening.

And on a side note, you accidentally double-posted.

Yeah, I've been denying it myself for awhile now but I knew it was coming one day.

Also, on my end, I don't see my double post.

• Brohoof 1

About time FiM to end to be honest, better quit while you're ahead... Show had a good run but imo lately it have felt more or less repetitive, there aren't really any new stories to be told. Heck, they even had to come up with whole new main characters just to make season 8 interesting and worthwile. Shutting ponies down now can be viewed as an ultimate fan service from Hasbro. I doupt that anyone would be happy if G4 would end up being like the Simpsons... :mlp_huh: There's a time and place for everything after all

10 minutes ago, FlareGun45 said:

I'm ok with this, but PLEASE, end it with a bang! 

This sums it up perfectly

• Brohoof 2

I feel pretty motivated after reading this topic post. I know it's saddening to hear that season 9 will be the final season, but I'm going to enjoy the show like we always have. We're also going to reach episode two hundred. So, maybe we'll have another special episode like we did for the hundredth episode. It would be pretty awesome to have everyone get a solid conclusion to their character arcs. I'm hoping that they give us answers that we've been asking to see, but I guess we'll see what happens. Even if the show comes to an end, I'll never stop being thankful for being part of an epic journey. I've made many friends, made many memories and learned so much. Even if this is the final season, I know that the magic of friendship will always be with us.

11 minutes ago, FlareGun45 said:

So what do ya say? Wanna go to Equestria for an adventure... one more time? :)

You bet I am. Let's do this. Let's go back to Equestria and experience an epic adventure that nobody will ever forget. :) 

• Brohoof 1

• The topic was pinned

A post on Facebook I saw that I agree with:

The final episode should deal with the greatest friendship lesson of all: saying goodbye. Twilight should be required to move away and have to say goodbye to her friends. A great lesson to teach kids about and a powerful one to end the show on.

8 minutes ago, TheAnimationFanatic said:

The fact that it's managed to make an impact in pop culture and remain consistent in quality for nearly a decade speaks volumes.

That along with revitalizing what was a niche brand with a (well-earned) bad reputation of pandering to little girls. Faust and crew planted the seeds with S1 and 2, and that apple tree has been bearing fruit for years.

• Brohoof 6

Just now, Key Sharkz said:

The final episode should deal with the greatest friendship lesson of all: saying goodbye. Twilight should be required to move away and have to say goodbye to her friends. A great lesson to teach kids about and a powerful one to end the show on.

Honestly she's probably the one who has the most roots in Ponyville now. It'd be more poetic if everyone else is who has to leave, or at least some of them.

Edited by n1029

• The topic was featured

I'd rather it let end on the 9th season with the proper ending then having it to be a walking corpse like Simpsons with 30+ seasons. 

The jokes are going to be unfunny, people would say that the golden years were the first 10 years...

Edited by R.D.Dash
  • Brohoof 1

3 minutes ago, Dark Qiviut said:

That along with revitalizing what was a niche brand with a (well-earned) bad reputation of pandering to little girls. Faust and crew planted the seeds with S1 and 2, and that apple tree has been bearing fruit for years.

This. If Season 9 can stick the landing, I think that this show could go down as one of the best (or at least the most defining) of the decade.

• Brohoof 2

@FlareGun45

While the enthusiasm is certainly appreciated, as a lot of us are saddened by the end of the series, simply sharing final thoughts would be best done through one of the season nine-related threads rather than its own. Therefore, I will be merging your topic with an already existing thread regarding season nine.

• Brohoof 2

I believe the majority of us saw this coming, if I we are to be honest.

Either way, it is rather surreal that we are officially in the Twilight Years of Friendship is Magic. Though I was not a member of the fanbase during its prime, I was certainly aware of its existence and prominence. This will unequivocally be the end of an era on the internet, all circumstances considered.

8 minutes ago, Key Sharkz said:

I agree with this as well, as unlikely as it may be. One of the most painful (but nevertheless important) life lessons one can learn is that most friendships are temporary; even the most powerful bonds are not immune to the ravages of time. It is best to not see this is a bad thing, however; though it may be a shame that friendships come to an end, memories are among the most valuable things we posses. In other words, "Don't cry because it is over, smile because it happened."

Just now, Venomous said:

@FlareGun45

While the enthusiasm is certainly appreciated, as a lot of us are saddened by the end of the series, simply sharing final thoughts would be best done through one of the season nine-related threads rather than its own. Therefore, I will be merging your topic with an already existing thread regarding season nine.

Nah, that deserves it's own post. Or you can put it higher on this post. I ain't gonna accept it in the middle where no one can see it

I mean I know its time but I still gotta get through season 7 and 8 and 9 will take a bit to come out on netflix. I sorta wish we got one more season to round it off at ten. But this is what it is. I am excited to see what comes next but sad to see this end. I love the characters and the end of good stories always makes me feel a bit like I cant breath. 

I should give all of yous a fair warning: I'm gonna start being less tolerable about certain stuff on the show not happening cause it's the last chance for it to happen, so expect me to whine like a baby, and just ignore it, I'll get over it eventually! :P I'll TRY to control it better, but I'm not gonna make any promises! 

• Brohoof 1

My only hope is that the FiM series finale isn't a cliffhanger for a possible second movie. 

I'd like the series to have its own ending that isn't used as a prologue to something else. 

Edited by Sparklefan1234
  • Brohoof 1

The journey through 9 Seasons and potential for what it taught me, for better or worse will have been more important than it being the best show quality-wise. Even the objectively bad episodes hated by majority of people was still important than never should have existed at all. Because even the worst episodes gave me something to think about than just something that will just be forgotten with no impression whatsoever. 

With that said, I'll still watch S9 and be glad I saw it, even if it will have more "objectively bad" episodes than good or closes with a less than stellar series finale.

Don't any of you guys feel the same?

• Brohoof 2

Well, the series had a great run. If Hasbro has confirmed that there will only be 9 seasons and it will be over this year, I think Friendship is Magic has done good for itself for almost a decade. The Brony Community will make sure things keep going for some time.

As a relatively new brony who wasn't in the fandom for long, I'm really heartbroken. I know the show has been around for a long, mighty 9 years or so, but it has only been a year since I found out about FiM and its wonderful characters. I really regret not having looked into the show a bit sooner...

I don't think the fandom would be the same with G5 mlp, but I'll be looking forward to it. G5 might be great, who knows? Maybe it's going to be just as awesome.

As for season 9, I think it will be better than ever. I'm sad that this is the end, but I'm also excited to see the end to everything. What will happen to Chrysalis and Cozy Glow? What would the finale of a whole generation be like? Season 9 will be very interesting...:mlp_bedeyes:

• Brohoof 2