Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Season 9 CONFIRMED to be the last season.

CastletonSnob

FiM had a great run, but it is time.

I'd rather a show end on a high note than continue on and decline into something I no longer enjoy. Good news is G5 will be coming and I'm sure the fandom will continue to produce great content for all of us to enjoy.  :fluttershy:

I saw something about a new cgi movie. I don't know how I feel about that, given my opinion on cgi animation. :huh:

• Brohoof 2

FiM has had a good run and exceeded everyone's expectations. No one would have thought that a reboot of a 80s TV show would have grown such a massive and devoted fanbase. It speaks to the love and care that Laura put into this project of hers. Let's hope that the writers give the series the send off that it deserves and it ends with a bang.

For eight seasons, they have thrilled us with their adventures. Amazed us with their discoveries and inspired us with their friendships. The show has journeyed beyond imagination. The show has become legend. The cast, the finest ever assembled. We have traveled with them from one corner of Equestria to the other. They have been our guides, our protectors, and our friends. Now, you are invited to join them for one last adventure.

Spoiler

Sorry, I couldn't help it. I think something like this would make a great trailer for season 9.

Edited by Twilight Luna
  • Brohoof 4

58 minutes ago, Key Sharkz said:

A post on Facebook I saw that I agree with:

The final episode should deal with the greatest friendship lesson of all: saying goodbye. Twilight should be required to move away and have to say goodbye to her friends. A great lesson to teach kids about and a powerful one to end the show on.

No offense, but that's exactly the kind of ending I don't want. No matter how nicely they try to put it, it'd be a total downer and a sour note to end on. I'd much rather have a genuinely optimistic ending with everypony sticking together and life continuing as usual. I already get harsh reminders about reality in plenty of other media, not to mention the one I get every time I wake up in the morning. The last thing I want is a sad ending from one of the only shows to cheer me up.

• Brohoof 2

Just now, BasementSparkle said:

No offense, but that's exactly the kind of ending I don't want. No matter how nicely they try to put it, it'd be a total downer and a sour note to end on. I'd much rather have a genuinely optimistic ending with everypony sticking together and life continuing as usual. I already get harsh reminders about reality in plenty of other media, not to mention the one I get every time I wake up in the morning. The last thing I want is a sad ending from one of the only shows to cheer me up.

It's a good lesson to teach kids though. Saying goodbye is a big part of friendship. Goodbyes don't have to be forever, and that's a good thing to teach kids.

13 minutes ago, Key Sharkz said:

It's a good lesson to teach kids though. Saying goodbye is a big part of friendship. Goodbyes don't have to be forever, and that's a good thing to teach kids.

They could do that in another episode with another group of friends, just not with the mane cast in the finale. It's a good lesson to teach kids sure, but sometimes I think you just need a happy ending, and that's what I want to see here. If this ending happens, I sincerely hope you like it, and some kids get a good lesson from it, but it'll probably just turn me into a black hole of misery. Which is exactly what I use this show to escape from.

Edited by BasementSparkle
  • Brohoof 1

One part of me is going, "Aww...", but another part of me is actually happy. Not only is the absolute worst-case scenario that will come of this is a final bad season (something I personally doubt), but now, it's even easier for me to imagine a best-case scenario. We could get a great movie (I may not be the biggest CGI fan, but with all the 2D animated movies and specials related to the franchise, a 3D movie is only natural progression), a great new Generation 5, and a great resurgence in the brony community. That's not even counting the potential of the final season either, and while I'm not going to say it's impossible for it to be a letdown, I just can't bring myself to have a pessimistic attitude about it. I wouldn't feel right being a downer about a show I've been attached to for so long doing the right thing in ending while it's still doing well. :fluttershy:

They could do that in another episode with another group of friends, just not with the mane cast in the finale. It's a good lesson to teach kids sure, but sometimes I think you just need a happy ending, and that's what I want to see here. If this ending happens, I sincerely hope you like it, and some kids get a good lesson from it, but it'll probably just turn me into a black hole of misery. Which is exactly wha t I use this show to escape from.

Life isn't about happy endings.

We don't always get a happy ending, that's why it's important to cherish the time we have. It's a great lesson to teach kids. It sounds like it's a lesson you could use too. Nothing is infinite, but that's okay. It makes the memories you have more precious.

1 minute ago, Key Sharkz said:

We don't always get a happy ending, that's why it's important to cherish the time we have. It's a great lesson to teach kids. It sounds like it's a lesson you could use too. Nothing is infinite, but that's okay. It makes the memories you have more precious.

True, life isn't about happy endings, but I still feel the show deserves one. We can't be so grounded in reality that having a happy ending is just a norm.

• Brohoof 2

Honestly, in the real world long-distance friendships are becoming a lot easier to maintain. I think there is an important lesson in not letting your self-worth be adversely affected by your friends' personal ambitions, but it's not that hard to spin it in an upbeat way.

Edited by n1029
  • Brohoof 1

Just now, Key Sharkz said:

Life sucks, and I hate it. I value happy endings because they make me happy when reality itself barely gives me any. Happiness is powerful too and not everything needs to end sadly, or bittersweet. Real life doesn't have enough happy ends, sometimes you need a reminder they're still possible. I often don't want to keep going, I don't need a reminder of the harshness of life from one of the few bright spots I have.

• Brohoof 1

Life sucks, and I hate it. I value happy endings because they make me happy when reality itself barely gives me any. Happiness is powerful too and not everything needs to end sadly, or bittersweet. Real life doesn't have enough happy ends, sometimes you need a reminder they're still possible. I often don't want to keep going, I don't need a reminder of the harshness of life from one of the few bright spots I have.

I would suggest you seek out support in real life if this is truly how you feel. It's not healthy to rely on a TV show for emotional stability.

There is a lot of beauty in the real world if you're willing to see it.

• Brohoof 1

3 minutes ago, BasementSparkle said:

But it would emphasize the importance of cherishing what you have.

All I care about from all of this is to watch the last season with you guys. It would mean the world to me to see MLP's final stretch with the people who love it.

Don't ever forget what a certain song from EQ teaches you. Nothing lasts forever, but friendship can be truly one powerful thing. 

• Brohoof 1

Well, shit. MLP brought me a lot of happiness when I started watching it (still not done yet). I haven't felt so happy in years, probably. The show ending is really gonna suck, but the end of a series always sucks. I've just never experienced a show I love this much ending.

Oh well. The community still brings me happiness, so it's not all over. I can't make much more memories watching the show, but I don't see myself leaving this community any time soon. 

Spoiler

560ac665f4dfbd6d8d67c7f10fa79155.gif.4a862a5a6f5001ba6cacaacad99720bd.gif

• Brohoof 1

6 minutes ago, n1029 said:

I would suggest you seek out support in real life if this is truly how you feel. It's not healthy to rely on a TV show for emotional stability.

There is a lot of beauty in the real world if you're willing to see it.

I already started seeking that support more than a year ago now and if I'm being honest, my situation hasn't improved at all and has honestly mostly gotten worse due to other factors like various health problems I've been developing. I know it's not healthy to rely on a TV show for emotional stability, but I don't exactly have a lot to rely on right now, except one good friend I've got, and putting all that pressure on him isn't fair.

4 minutes ago, Key Sharkz said:

But it would emphasize the importance of cherishing what you have.

But even if I was in a better place in my life, I'd still stand by my point. I won't deny your ending has value and merit to it, it certainly could send a good message to kids and I'm sure many people would appreciate it greatly. But I think a genuinely happy, optimistic ending is something that not just me, but others that are struggling might get something out of too. People underestimate just how powerful happiness in media can be. Speaking from my own experience, something just managing to make me smile is often the most impressive and powerful thing a piece of media or art can do, and it's one of the things I cherish about this show as it is. I think there are probably other fans, including some kids, who might just really need an ending that can make them smile even through the sadness of seeing the show end. Your ending wouldn't do that for me, maybe it'd do that for someone else, maybe that's a lesson they need for help, I dunno. But I'd value a happy ending more than anything, personally.

Edited by BasementSparkle

DtbJH2EU4AISeBO.jpg

One last bit of pocky for the road. This fandom gave us so much, I can't be sad to see the show end, to me... It's a bittersweet wrap up. The show may end, but the friends we made in real life because of it? That's forever.

Thank you to the show staff, and our beloved characters for making this all happen.

35 minutes ago, BasementSparkle said:

I concur. I love this show because it makes me happy, and I want to be HAPPY for the characters I love when it's all said and done.

• Brohoof 4

56 minutes ago, qwerE said:

As a relatively new brony who wasn't in the fandom for long, I'm really heartbroken. I know the show has been around for a long, mighty 9 years or so, but it has only been a year since I found out about FiM and its wonderful characters. I really regret not having looked into the show a bit sooner...

I don't think the fandom would be the same with G5 mlp, but I'll be looking forward to it. G5 might be great, who knows? Maybe it's going to be just as awesome.

As for season 9, I think it will be better than ever. I'm sad that this is the end, but I'm also excited to see the end to everything. What will happen to Chrysalis and Cozy Glow? What would the finale of a whole generation be like? Season 9 will be very interesting...:mlp_bedeyes:

Yeah, can’t help but find this “The show is ending, and I’ve joined the fandom for a short time” to be ironic, because I felt the same way back with the Twilicorn business  :mlp_icwudt:. Then again, I’m sad because I wasn’t around during it’s prime either :(

• Brohoof 2

Just now, Steve Piranha said:

Yeah, can’t help but find this “The show is ending, and I’ve joined the fandom for a short time” to be ironic, because I felt the same way back with the Twilicorn business  :mlp_icwudt:. Then again, I’m sad because I wasn’t around during it’s prime either :(

Honestly, I was there during the pilot episode's premiere. I was with my sister, she started watching, and know, she was like. 5 or some squack, it was right after i got out of school. So I sat down next to her, because in the house, before we moved here to the US from Puerto Rico, we only had the giant TV in the living room for her and I, so whatever she watched, I watched. So I started watching it. For some odd reason, I was terribly excited to watch it too. Like. I just was drawn to it after I saw it. The show was basically there for a bug part of my life, I've watched every episode since then.

After we moved here, I was deep into the fandom, but after a bit, I got heavy into gaming, MLP was still there. Fanart, mlp stuff, my love for Fluttershy (which still exists btw) and all that.

Years later, my involvement died. I stopped looking for MLP stuff. The fandom enjoyment died. I noticed people hated bronies, so I hated myself, and the community. (Even though I never talked to another brony.)

During my mid-teenage years, met this girl, she was extremely passionate about MLP, all she could talk about. She brought back that side of me. I got more involved. I found the fan game Legends of Equestria. Did some roleplays there, which built my most successful character (whom i spent a vast amount of time just thinking for a backstory, which is lengthy, I'm making a fiction for it.) from scratch. Honestly, I wish I could draw him. But I can't draw for ***.

It's sad to see how this show is coming to an end. But it's probably for the best. We don't want the show to become Spongebob. Which us a good show, but it's declining. The MLP movie was great, and I kinda wish that was the animation the used in the beginning, but that's my opinion. I like the current style, as well.

The community will always be there. Thank you. For being there, for keeping the passion alive, for not letting this die. MLP will always be there. In our hearts, and our lifes. Keep Strong. Don't let Hasbro kill us off. Let's build a barrier, a barrier they won't break down.

• Brohoof 2

It was inevitable that this was going to end up happening. The writing was on the wall for a while; it's just that we had to wait for it to be revealed to us. Had it continued on, MLP would've reached levels of stagnant which have plagued other programs, and its legacy would've been tarnished as a result. It's best to have it conclude on a high note rather than drag it on just to appease a fandom. This announcement was the best thing they could do with a series that I feel has explored everything possible without delving into sheer levels of absurdity.

Was this a business decision from Hasbro? I don't know but the possibility does exist.

• Brohoof 2

26 minutes ago, Key Sharkz said:

One last bit of pocky for the road. This fandom gave us so much, I can't be sad to see the show end, to me... It's a bittersweet wrap up. The show may end, but the friends we made in real life because of it? That's forever.

Thank you to the show staff, and our beloved characters for making this all happen.

My thoughts echo yours as well. I've met numerous people I call friends. Some who have been there during my darkest days, and allowed me to be there for them. All because of a forum centered around a show with horses making friends, and I can say that with a straight face because it was worth the experience and having these friends in my life. Saccharine, but true. 

• Brohoof 1