Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Season 9 CONFIRMED to be the last season.

CastletonSnob

I'm glad that its ending. The main characters have reached their peak, and we've had a full 9 years of ponies, shorts, movies, merch- it's been a fun ride. But all good things must come to an end, because god forbid that they reach Simpsons level of stagnation. It's time to put the hourse out to the pasture, and I'm  really glad that I've been along for the ride, created content for the fandom, been swept away by the fandom, and just came into the MLP franchise in general. My love for pony will never die, and I'm excited to look forward to the next reboot, or gen, or whatever it may be

• Brohoof 4

I was always unsure if the show was going to receive the Spongebob Squarepants or not but i’m glad to know that it won’t. I am sad to see the show end because it was one of my favorites and it still will be even after it ends. I can only hope that the show gets the ending it deserves. Regardless of how it ends, I am happy I tagged along for the ride. 

• Brohoof 1

35 minutes ago, heavens-champion said:

Eh, I'm not too surprised. All of the Season 8 graphics were real (hard to fake fully voiced animatics, anyway, unless you have actors who sound exactly like the real deal), so why would this be any different?

Concept designs get done up all the time even if there's no commitment to change yet. So there was no reason to assume anything. There's probably things that have been going on for years that we've never seen.

That said, yeah, another late bloomer here. I'm not even here a year but I feel a kind of passion and energy I've never had in any of my adult life. I've done my best to keep it buried in the back of my mind, but I'm scared. I have little hope for G5. I'll give it a shot. I could be wrong. Celestia knows I was wrong about G4 when I first heard of it, or Ponies in general all the way back to the 80's. But we all know how well reboots usually end up going. G4 is a tremendous exception to that rule.

Yeah, it's stupid to have this much riding on a TV show. I never asked for it though. It's the hand that was dealt to me. For better or worse, it's one of the only things that ever resonated with me to my very core. In just a year's time, coming from the destruction of a broken marriage, where I was simply waiting for the end, I felt creative in a way I hadn't in decades. I used to be terrified of socializing and now I work in customer service. I want to learn to sing, play music, dance, fly a plane, do charity work, bring light to everyone I meet. I defeated over five years of alcoholism and can even have a drink now without losing control. I have emotions so deep I never would've believed they could really happen; things I'd always assumed were just the stuff of movies. Tears of joy?! Really?! My "awakening" given to me by a bunch of little pastel ponies left me feeling like the Grinch on top of the mountain, seeing the sun rise with new eyes, grasping the true meaning of Christmas for the first time. I was my own villain, like Stygian or Nightmare Moon, and then the right one came along and changed everything. All of this, in less than 12 months!

But this whole time I've worried about what could happen; that the only place to go in the end, is back into the stereotypical emo abyss.

Equestria, it took me a lifetime to find you. You can't go away now. :(

• Brohoof 3

I guess I'm not too crushed, since I haven't watched past season 5 really. I mostly just participated in other parts of the fandom and its work. Maybe G5 will return some interest.

• Brohoof 1

You want to know what the best thing is about the show ending?

It's so that I and all the other meek souls will never again have to put up with everyone else spewing hatred about this or that when I go back to watching it. This time for real.

I'm sad about the show ending ok? But at least I'll be finally free of everyone else beating me down all the time. Frankly, I will miss the show, but I will never miss every other person watching it at all. 

Edited by PCutter

2 hours ago, R.D.Dash said:

I really hope that it doesn't mean this is going to be the last year this forum will be active.

Why would that be the case? Just because a show is ending does not mean the fanbase will immediately die afterwards.

• Brohoof 6

So long as the fandom survives (apart from Everfree Network/Canterlot Hill that was long discontinued from years back), MLP will live on, no matter how young or old we get.

And I won't lie; no other fandoms live longer than the franchise itself. Yes, there are others that strive long like the show itself, yet this one is the reason why it'll just stay as strong as it can, along with our staff who care a lot about us. And this is coming from someone who came on here from seven years back too.

• Brohoof 2

And there we have it, what everyone has been speculating for the last couple of years.

Will I be sad to see the show end? Of course, but let's just be glad that we've had a fair amount of content. Hopefully the team goes all out and things end on a high note.

• Brohoof 4

4 hours ago, Gabrielgaming21 said:

It's sad to see how this show is coming to an end. But it's probably for the best. We don't want the show to become Spongebob. Which us a good show, but it's declining.

4 hours ago, VG_Addict said:

Better the show ends while it's still good, rather than continue past its prime like Simpsons, Family Guy, Walking Dead and Supernatural. 

5 hours ago, Phosphor said:

I'd rather a show end on a high note than continue on and decline into something I no longer enjoy.

Agreed. It's often very difficult for any show to maintain consistently good quality over a stretch of years. When they start sputtering, then you tell the audience you're running dry. For example, Danny Phantom introduced many new characters into the roster to stay relevant, and they finally ended it after the tenth. Powerpuff Girls is another, being good after the first three or four seasons before rotting in the last two. OTOH, FIM has not only been consistently good for not only the first three to four years, but just about its entire run! That alone should be commended and celebrated.

48 minutes ago, TwilySparky said:

Why would that be the case? Just because a show is ending does not mean the fanbase will immediately die afterwards.

Exactly. Many fanbases tend to stick around a long time, sometimes decades after the original run ends. Trekkies have been around since '66, and The Original Series ended in 1969. Firefly lasted just a few months, yet their fanbase remains as passionate as any other. I've been a Digimon fan since 2000, yet we're still big fans.

Bronydom won't be exempt. Sure, its G4 fanbase may shrink, but that passion won't die. Heck, if G5 can spark interest to a new generation of bronies (or whoever they may call themselves someday), I'm all the more happy. ^_^

Edited by Dark Qiviut
  • Brohoof 3

I just logged in to this account that i haven't regularly used in about 4 years as soon as i heard the news. I haven't watched MLP since season 5 and my interests spread to other things like film and experimental music. I made a lot of good friends from my time here, all of which i have drifted away from, but those days with them helped with some of the worst years of my life. I made a promise to myself that if this show ever ends, i will come back to this site and do a final lurk of it. And here i am.

It's silly, getting this sentimental over internet strangers on just another forum somewhere on the internet for a show i have had no interest in for years. I don't even know why I'm writing this. I guess this is just a roundabout way of saying i love this show. Even if i haven't watched it in 4 freaking years and am a different person with different tastes than when i first saw it. It's a shame to see this generation of internet craziness go away.

I was there. From the beginning. The shitposts on 4chan, the banning of mlp from /co/, getting quarantined with our own board on /mlp/, i wasn't just there, i participated. I was there when Faust left and we thought the show was done for after season 2. I was there when we thought it was definitely done for after alicorn twilight. And now this wild ride is coming to a stop. and i'm glad i rode it.

• Brohoof 1

I will miss you my loved little ponies. I started oktober 2017 and had a great time with the show. I had never seen the big events neither in the internet or in real life. Now with G5 many things will change. Will we change? This fandom is not only like a family. It's even more. 

When our paths lead to different directions I just want to say: "Thank you."

In my honest opinion, I mean it is a little sad that it would be ending, but then again it is not. I don't want a show to go on forever and forever and forever. I mean, just like some of you all said up there, even after the show ends things in the community will still go on, even if it is more minimal. I know that the fandom has been kinda slowing down to dead lately cause of favors of the other new shows and what not, but in honestly the show is always gonna have a meaning to us, for me it helped me find IRL friends that I always had trouble finding before that, and helped me grow and shtuff, and I wouldn't be living where I live now if it weren't for the show. I have been into the show since June or July 2011 so I have seen it during it's huge peak as well and I have had lots of highlights and I have also had my downsides and drama as well, (but then again.. When don't you find drama. xD) But most are good memories, and some are terrible memories, but I put aside and trash the terrible memories and keep the wonderful ones, and I do have lots of great memories, and I can continue to make more.

I honestly stopped looking forward to new episodes a long time ago, I mean I never let between season hiatuses bother me cause there was still old content you could look back on or other things you could pay attention to whether it was related to ponies or not.

The past season I waited until the season was already over to catch up with the last half, so I haven't really been into the new episodes all that much anymore. I still plan to finish it and watch the rest of the seasons.

I still love the show, and I hope that this season will come to an end well. And after that, the show will still be a part of me (and I still will be a pony of course) you can still enjoy all the stuff related after the show is ended too.

But the actual show did run it's course and it does not need to go on for like 12 more seasons. At that point it will start getting weird and boring. xD I am surprised the show made it to 9 seasons to be honest.

But the last thing I have to say is the actual show will be missed, but it still will be around to watch old episodes and it will still be a part of all of us.

Edited by Lil'Cinnamon
  • Brohoof 1

This news just make me empty inside. There still so many things has to be done and i dont think they can wrap up in just one season. Students 6, what is their ultimate role? what the point of developing Starlight as Twilight student in the past 2 seasons that take a lot of spotline of some characters? Are 26 episodes left are going to be perfect and no bad filler episode which drive me mad? Pinkie episodes are just not very good recently, can they fix that? Where's Babs? Where's Diamond Tiara? Is there any bigger thing happen to CMC after they got their cutie marks? They literally did nothing significant after they got their cutie marks and season 8 finale made sure you will never forget that. With all the development of characters and world-buildings that not even go ANYWHERE YET, if G5 is a reboot not a sequel, i will be very pissed. 

Why do i have a feeling this season have to ended not because of the story, it because Hasbro want to push to new toyline...

This series will definitely leave a void in my heart...

Anyway...

I feel bad for not watching past season 5. I just enjoy participating on the forum and meeting many kind people.

I’m happy by this news though. I would hate to see this show become that of what shows like  The Simpsons has became. I’m excited to see what a new generation has to offer.

• Brohoof 2

Well, the end of the ride is here at last. But it's not all doom and gloom, the community will still be here, and though the show may be coming to an end, the fandom will continue to live on. Besides, the memories will always be with us, and we can always look back on them with fondness.

Don't cry because it's over, lads, smile because it happened. :mlp_smug:

• Brohoof 2

All good things come to an end. At least we had a good time on the ride. Friendship is Magic and this site in particular have enriched my life in so many ways, I cannot list them all. Yeah, my interest dropped off in the last few years or so, but FiM will always be something I can look back on with positivity. Rarity in particular is a character I will always cherish, as I have many other characters from various cartoon franchises. Better to end on 9 seasons of good, rather than dragging on and snuffing out like a dwindling candle.

I'll see you all in MLP G5! Stay sunny side up, everybody!

• Brohoof 1

Even though I kinda expected it to happen, I'm still overcome with sadness... At least we got 9 seasons to watch..:(

At least we got what we got, plenty of My Little pony to remember! 

Edited by Sondash Studios
  • Brohoof 1

It does me make kinda sad but also glad a bit.   We got to see our ponies grow and change and evolve from the mane six to the side cannons and the cutie mark crusaders grow up.   Which is something you don't really get too much in western cartoons these days sadly.  I mean its been on for nine years and become a culture and movement all on its own,  which is saying a lot about a show full of colorful ponies with songs in a magical land!  So don't be sad on the ending,  it justs a chapter waiting to happen for the next gen and us as fans! 

• Brohoof 2

7 hours ago, Flutterstep said:

I feel bad for not watching past season 5. I just enjoy participating on the forum and meeting many kind people.

I’m happy by this news though. I would hate to see this show become that of what shows like  The Simpsons has became. I’m excited to see what a new generation has to offer.

(yey, forums are back, I can finally post this :D )

Seems odd. you skipped so much of the G4 story - Starlight's redemption arc, glitterbugs, seaponies and so forth - but are interested in what G5 will offer?

• Brohoof 1