Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Season 9 CONFIRMED to be the last season.

CastletonSnob

On 2/18/2019 at 12:35 AM, Steve Piranha said:

You know, I've just teared up a little. These news are bittersweet, and I have envisioned Pinkie Pie directly addressing us, thanking us for walking this journey for so many years. Being a journey of growth not only for them, but for us as well. But she's happy to have ended theirs, but sad because see in many of us unable to move on. Offering us encouragement to take what we learned with FIM, and face life with confidence and bravery, and ending that this adventure may be the most precious so far, but not closing up with more to come :mlp_rarity:

I actually thought it would be cool if all the VAs recorded similar thank you messages as their characters.

• Brohoof 2

33 minutes ago, VG_Addict said:

What if we made a petition to keep G4 running?

No

Just let them end the series. It's not like it's being taken out back Old Yeller style

• Brohoof 5

5 hours ago, This Whomps said:

No

Just let them end the series. It's not like it's being taken out back Old Yeller style

Like a petition would even change anything. :mlp_maud: It's one generation out of a franchise, and despite having the longest-running, most successful show at that, it needs to end eventually so that the franchise can move forward. The legacy this generation of the franchise has had is going to live forever anyways, so as long as it gets a proper conclusion and sets up G5 well, we shall move forward too. 

Edited by CloudMistDragon
Mistakenly referred to G4 as the longest-running generation initially.
  • Brohoof 5

49 minutes ago, VG_Addict said:

No, let it die. I don't want it to become Spongebob.

• Brohoof 5

5 minutes ago, VG_Addict said:

Just one more season would be nice. 

To make it a perfect 10 seasons would be nice, though we already got the official word from Hasbro themselves that they won't do that.

Either way, I'm cautiously optimistic about what G5 will bring to the table.

• Brohoof 3

3 hours ago, VG_Addict said:

Just one more season would be nice. 

Heavily doubt a petition would change Hasbro's mind. Unless you have a few extra million to fund the show for another season.

• Brohoof 1

4 hours ago, VG_Addict said:

200+ episodes is enough. You got plenty to rewatch there. 

• Brohoof 1

4 hours ago, CloudMistDragon said:

Like a petition would even change anything. :mlp_maud: It's one generation out of a franchise, and despite being the longest-running, most successful one at that, it needs to end eventually so that the franchise can move forward. The legacy this generation of the franchise has had is going to live forever anyways, so as long as it gets a proper conclusion and sets up G5 well, we shall move forward too. 

G1 was the longest running, clocking in at 13 years

38 minutes ago, Steve Piranha said:

Plus shorts, some specials, a spinoff on two legs, a feature film.... :dash:

Plus boatloads of fan content, pmv's animations, music, fanfics, dramatic readings...

• Brohoof 3

25 minutes ago, Nightmare Muffin said:

Plus boatloads of fan content, pmv's animations, music, fanfics, dramatic readings...

Sorry, I was thinking of the original MLP shows when I made that original post, which were very short-lived. Updated it for accuracy, thanks. :)  

• Brohoof 1

53 minutes ago, Nightmare Muffin said:

Also books, and comics. Tons of official shit for poneh  :mlp_icwudt:. I mean, it got milestones ahead of content compared to other shows of the time. :-D

27 minutes ago, CloudMistDragon said:

Sorry, I was thinking of the original MLP shows when I made that original post, which were very short-lived. Updated it for accuracy, thanks. :)  

It is true G1 was the longest running generation, but I don’t think it’s show with Megan lasted as freaking long. It’s follow up, MLP Tales (Which has many FIM voices BTW), certainly didn’t last as long I’m sure  :dash:

• Brohoof 3

12 hours ago, VG_Addict said:

Seldom does such a thing work.

Remember Hasbro has already spent money on G5 planning, concept art, and have already invested. There's a lot of investment already. 10,000 people who likely were not going to pay MONEY for products are not going to change their mind and make them ditch plans they already spent cash on.

Petitions seldom work, they just make fandoms look desperate.

Hasbro has tons of market reason, millions dumped into such a thing, I think they know what will sell more than we do.

20 minutes ago, Key Sharkz said:

Petitions seldom work, they just make fandoms look desperate.

Hasbro has tons of market reason, millions dumped into such a thing, I think they know what will sell more than we do.

Have to see what happens. I doubt a petition would help, because the only vote Hasbro care about is with your wallet.

If G5 is good enough, then it may get better sales than G4 (which has probably reached market saturation now; the increase in stock around the movie launch in supermarkets seems to have vanished again, and I see a better range of merch in discount stores than in mainline ones; toys 'r' us going under probably hurt too, as they had a larger range than almost anyone.

• Brohoof 3

1326652479_EndingConfirmed.thumb.jpg.21bc4bbd8c885a78fd10fc90ec959a14.jpg

Well, I just have one thing to say:

Spoiler

I'm sure I am in the minority here, but I am quite happy about this, not because I dislike the show, but the exact opposite, in fact.  I love it, and everything good has to come to an end, and the fact is that no matter how good a franchise is, it has a lifespan.  From my experience, nine seasons is about the expected lifespan of any great show.  It is extremely rare for anything to go longer than that and continue being good.  I've long wanted Pony to end gracefully, when the time is right, such that I can buy and own the whole series, and treasure it always in its full and complete glory.  I don't want what happened to The Simpsons to happen to my beloved Pony.  I don't want to watch as my precious ponies plummet into the abyss until one day, when I tell someone that I'm a FIM fan, I have to insert the caveat: "Oh, not modern PonyClassic Pony.  Big difference."  I've always wanted a satisfying ending before it all goes downhill, and like it or lump it, everything goes downhill if it goes on long enough.  Every show, movie series, and game series has two choices: end with dignity and integrity while it's still good and leave the audience wanting more, or continue long after its quality has expired, possibly changing hands until some greedy corporation *cough cough Disney cough* gets their grubby mitts on it, then descend into the depth of crap until the brand is worthless.  Personally, I'd much rather have the bittersweet former ending than the latter, which is just bitter.

I'm very much looking forward to this final season.  I have many wishlist items, most of which will never happen.  The only one I will be really disappointed if they leave out is for the Mane 7 and the Sisters to learn of the Tree's true nature and talk with it.  That needs to happen.

On 2/16/2019 at 3:42 PM, Kyoshi said:

Soon it will be over. I won't know what to do.

Rewatch the series periodically.  Watch youtube Pony videos.  Read fanfics.  Collect fan art.  Collect merch.  Chat on here.  Listen to the music.  Remember, we're not locking the door and throwing away the key.  It's not a rollercoaster: you don't have to disembark when the ride ends.  Pony can still be a part of your life.  I can't speak for anyone else, but I'm not going anywhere.  I'm still going to haunt the forums regularly.  Where else could I go to make my blog posts?  I'd be lost without this place.  I'm not going to just f*ck off and never speak of Pony again just because there's no new episodes.  Don't you still enjoy franchises that already saw their end?  The fandom isn't going anywhere.  And if G5 is good, maybe we'll all pile on that train.  Don't despair.

Edited by Justin_Case001
  • Brohoof 4

then the mlp needs a grate the send off so here the horern the falling  :( i'm to see the mlp friendship is magic is going to go but that means the 3d ponys form the movie are going to be there own show but still sadness

15 hours ago, Bas said:

Because not all are part of MLPF. Most ppl prob won't bother to register at a random internet forums each time a series goes offline they like or love.

Also, you might simply miss those ppl because they are posting elsewhere.

Not to mention, we got quite a warning in the leaks already, so it doesn't come much as a surprise.

I'm not talking about this forum specifically (if even 10% of the people who were into MLP at it's peak in the early 2010s were to join this forum the servers would crash instantly) but I'm talking about other, more mainstream platforms such as facebook, twitter, and especially youtube. From those sites I am not seeing much attention being given to this. I was hoping for something similar to when the game club penguin was closed down. The whole internet got together and said goodbye to the game and I feel like MLP should be getting similar treatment. Again it's still very early days and we could see people start to mourn it later on in the year (I hope we do).