Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Season 9 CONFIRMED to be the last season.

CastletonSnob

As I stated in my latest status update, I am indeed sad for the ending of G4. That being said, I'm not TOO sad only because of G5. Whether or not G5 will be a flop or not, I'd be much more sad if they just ended the franchise altogether. Given the success of G4, I feel that the staff would be smart enough to tie in many elements of G4 to G5. Besides, it's not the be all and end all anyways, we all knew this would happen.

• Brohoof 2

I think the fandom will have enough gas left in the tank to get through the hiatus up to the next movie; especially if this final season provides a lot of juicy character moments to chew on. But beyond that it probably depends on how well they take to the new series and/or how connected it is to G4. Hopefully it's not too much of a departure canon or tone wise.

Worth noting we still have the rough equivalent of the Lord of the Rings trilogy to go in Pony minutes, not including the Rainbow special.

Edited by n1029
  • Brohoof 2

2 hours ago, n1029 said:

But beyond that it probably depends on how well they take to the new series and/or how connected it is to G4. Hopefully it's not too much of a departure canon or tone wise.

I’ll die of joy if one of the main characters casually makes a comment referring to FIM :fluttershy:

• Brohoof 3

23 hours ago, Steve Piranha said:

You know? I kinda feel anxiety for the show ending. One part of me is happy for having a closure on the horizon, and knowing it won’t fall victim for long-term rot like the Simpson, Fairly Odd Parents, Spongebob, or Pokémon. The other part of me is sad because.... ponies have been an essential part of my life in these last years. I regret not being in the fandom from the beginning, but stood with it by the end

You may have missed out on the glory days, but on the bright side, you missed out on all the Season 1 purism, drama about alicorn Twilight and Equestria Girls, and fake fans who were just in it to look cool. :mlp_icwudt:

15 hours ago, Lord Valtasar said:

it may actually even mean that if the show is over, more fanmade videos would be allowed to see the light of day(a man can dream)

We'll get a lot of them this year with everyone wanting to use their opportunity to give the show an appropriate send-off with their content, that's certain. :mlp_yay:

28 minutes ago, CloudMistDragon said:

You may have missed out on the glory days, but on the bright side, you missed out on all the Season 1 purism, drama about alicorn Twilight and Equestria Girls, and fake fans who were just in it to look cool. :mlp_icwudt:

Not quite, I’ve joined mid-S3, so I was there with the twilicorn, EG, and waifu thief dramas :-D. In fact, A True True Friend was the point of no return for me  :fluttershy:

• Brohoof 2

3 minutes ago, Steve Piranha said:

Not quite, I’ve joined mid-S3, so I was there with the twilicorn, EG, and waifu thief dramas :-D. In fact, A True True Friend was the point of no return for me  :fluttershy:

Wow, so you actually joined at the best possible time, you lucky dog. :mlp_bedeyes: I also love that song, part of the reason why I'll never be able to bring myself to dislike Magical Mystery Cure. 

• Brohoof 1

8 minutes ago, CloudMistDragon said:

Wow, so you actually joined at the best possible time, you lucky dog. :mlp_bedeyes: I also love that song, part of the reason why I'll never be able to bring myself to dislike Magical Mystery Cure. 

Yeah, that song is what it definitely made me stay with poneh until the end  :fluttershy:.... and it’s also why it’s hard for me to say goodbye  :sunny:. Well, it was bound to end one day  :sunny:, and can’t say I didn’t have my fun  :adorkable:. I don’t think I will completely move on FIM, but I think I can cope with it by learning how to draw, and maybe write a fic or two  :fluttershy:

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, KawaiiYandere said:

And FIM was our good friend.

Maybe that’s why I’m so sad. If FIM was an actual living being, I would say it was my best, most authentic, and truest friend I’ve ever had in my life. All the accomplishments I’ve made these last two years after an eternity of misery, I owe it to it. 

I hope the day when I die.... I could start a life anew, in Equestria, to experience what I’ve lacked, true friendship  :adorkable:

• Brohoof 1

27 minutes ago, Steve Piranha said:

Maybe that’s why I’m so sad. If FIM was an actual living being, I would say it was my best, most authentic, and truest friend I’ve ever had in my life. All the accomplishments I’ve made these last two years after an eternity of misery, I owe it to it. 

I hope the day when I die.... I could start a life anew, in Equestria, to experience what I’ve lacked, true friendship  :adorkable:

Sometimes characters can make you feel like they are you're real friends. Every time I watch FIM it feels like I'm saying "Hello!" to my best friends and when it ends, I'm saying "Bye! See you next time!" Sometimes I wish that my favorite characters in FIM and other shows were real, but don't forget that Friendship truly is magic, and that's something we can experience in the real world. Every hug. Every smile. Every time together. Every kiss with someone you love. These are all truly magical, and every time you spread friendship, cheer, gratitude, kindness, devotion, and love, you are showing the world a little spark of magic. Even if you get upset and feel like you're carrying rocks on your back, don't do what I did. Don't think there's no hope. There is hope, just hiding in the shadows. And when you show the world how good it can be, you're pulling out some of that hope. Maybe someday, by just listening to a cartoon show about ponies, we can actually be the start of a little bit of peace. And then, maybe the world can actually find what they've been looking for. Peace. 

• Brohoof 4

I've heard a rumor on Twitter that the final season of My Little Pony may not start until Fall of this year.  I got this from Twitter user Critical Thought

So a leaked bit of promotional material for MLP suggests that #MLPSeason9 isn't coming until fall. THATS SO FAR AWAYYYY THOOOOO

https://twitter.com/CriticalBrony/status/1098772525490810881

What are your thoughts on this?  I think that may explain why the final season's release date hasn't been announced yet.

1 hour ago, SaburoDaimando said:

I've heard a rumor on Twitter that the final season of My Little Pony may not start until Fall of this year.  I got this from Twitter user Critical Thought

https://twitter.com/CriticalBrony/status/1098772525490810881

What are your thoughts on this?  I think that may explain why the final season's release date hasn't been announced yet.

Honestly, I'd be okay with that. We know it's the last season, so at least it'll make the wait for the next gen shorter.

In any event we have the shorts and the Rainbow special in the summer to tide us over. 

The tweet is two days old, there's no proof, and I haven't seen anyone else talking about this, so I'm having a hard time believing this. It doesn't look like season 9 is premiering in March, but another possible month it could premiere is April, and if it does premiere that month, then it still seems a bit early to know the premiere date since February isn't even over yet. Also, I don't know if this means anything, but the tweet was deleted as I was typing this.

• Brohoof 1

"Finishing a good book is like leaving a good friend."
-William Feather

I feel like this is fitting for a good show.  

With books you can always start another one or even the same author if you're picky. Yet there is no other show like my little pony. 

On 2/22/2019 at 2:42 PM, KawaiiYandere said:

Sometimes characters can make you feel like they are you're real friends. Every time I watch FIM it feels like I'm saying "Hello!" to my best friends and when it ends, I'm saying "Bye! See you next time!" Sometimes I wish that my favorite characters in FIM and other shows were real, but don't forget that Friendship truly is magic, and that's something we can experience in the real world. Every hug. Every smile. Every time together. Every kiss with someone you love. These are all truly magical, and every time you spread friendship, cheer, gratitude, kindness, devotion, and love, you are showing the world a little spark of magic. Even if you get upset and feel like you're carrying rocks on your back, don't do what I did. Don't think there's no hope. There is hope, just hiding in the shadows. And when you show the world how good it can be, you're pulling out some of that hope. Maybe someday, by just listening to a cartoon show about ponies, we can actually be the start of a little bit of peace. And then, maybe the world can actually find what they've been looking for. Peace. 

Kawaii you are most definitely 20% cooler. :)

• Brohoof 1

I got into pony back when the meme's were first starting to make their way around. I think the show had been on a few weeks. Mostly though I was using the cute ponies to troll haters over on the Runic Games forum. I was (and still am) part of the Torchlight community and we had a spate of really obnoxious trolls. My first real 'pony' experience was being allowed by the developers to continue spamming meme's until most of the trolls got fed up and left. Then of course spamming meme's was made against the rules lol (I'm still cool with the devs tho). Later on in 2011 I started hanging out on a community Minecraft server and two of my friends there wanted me to watch the show with them. Of course I jumped at the opportunity. I have a difficult time enjoying shows about friendship by myself. We watched the series for about two or three months when they had a falling out and stopped hanging out on the server (and with me). It was hard to watch the show after that as all it did was remind me of the friends I'd lost. 

Fortunately in 2013 I made a really good friend who became my best friend and I ended up getting him into the show. We've been huge fans ever since. Such huge fans that I consider myself Dash and he considers himself Twilight. The characters are so similar to us and we identify with them so much. They mean a lot to us and always will. It sucks knowing that's all we'll see of 'our' ponies but we're both optimistic about G5. Yeah it will suck their not being the ponies we fell in love with but we wouldn't be staying true to 'our' ponies if we didn't give them a chance. I agree with KawaiiYandere 100% when they say as long as we do our best to be kind, loving, compassionate, accepting and good friends we'll keep that magic going.

I was a Star Trek fan back when there wasn't much of a fandom and I've seen it grow through numerous new series and new characters with every new iteration adding something special to Star Treks legacy. We're like Trekkies only instead of "Live long and prosper,
 we say, "Live long and brohoof." Bronies will be around for a long, long time. 

• Brohoof 4

4 hours ago, PinkiePie97 said:

The tweet is two days old, there's no proof, and I haven't seen anyone else talking about this, so I'm having a hard time believing this. It doesn't look like season 9 is premiering in March, but another possible month it could premiere is April, and if it does premiere that month, then it still seems a bit early to know the premiere date since February isn't even over yet. Also, I don't know if this means anything, but the tweet was deleted as I was typing this.

I also found out about the Tweet deletion.  And right now, I'm not so sure why that happened.

8 hours ago, PinkiePie97 said:

I have a feeling it's going to be towards the middle of 2019. Though if you really want to know then I guess wait until Equestria Daily says something.

• Brohoof 2

It’s absolutely amazing to say first off. I’ve been apart of this fandom since early 2012 where i would scour deviant art for MLP artwork. Now I’m 20 and in the Navy, being out on deployment for months at a time is not only physically demanding but mentally challenging. Been back in port for a couple months and I’ve had more than enough time to dig up some old, fun, amazing memories that I’ve carried within this fandom that has kept my sanity with me.  It saddens me to see famous brony artists like glaze and brony dance party slowly die out and eventually stop uploading. But it almost brings tears to my eyes to see that the fandom is still around. I say the end in the title because of the show’s ultimate and predicted end. There’s talk of G5 but me personally, I don’t think it will carry the mass that FIM did fan wise. I wish i could go back to 2012 and just be happy in my room listening to music and looking at fan art. I will always love this dedicated fandom. Thank YOU guys for keeping these memories alive. ~IYAOYAS 

• Brohoof 1

@IYAOYAS

Because this thread is sharing some nice words regarding to the end of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, I will be merging it with a designated thread for season nine of the show.

• The topic was unpinned
  • The topic was unfeatured