Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Season 9 CONFIRMED to be the last season.

CastletonSnob

If gen 4 is to end..

Let this be the seasons main plot:

Twilight makes the biggest mistake of her life,shattering the friendship of the mane 7

Throughout the season she must reastablish the bonds she shares with her friends,in order to confront equestrias greatest threat,tirek and chrysalis side by side

All things considered regarding my personal life right now, I'd say that the timing is spot-on. There's a small part of me that yearns for this show to proceed eons into the future, but, to be honest, I do think that the show has said all that it really needs to say at this point. As with anything, too much of a good thing is never usually for the best, and although I will and shall miss the show, the characters when they're all gone, I have no doubt that the fanbase will continue being the incredible man/woman-children with a taste for fantasy and innocence that we have all come to know and love over the past decade, and I look forward to the almost-assured resurgence of the MLP brand (Gen 5) in the next couple of years.

Let's not label this occurrence as the end of the MLP era, but rather a transitional phase into the next stage of this tremendous franchise.:mlp_grin:

Edited by Rarity the Supreme
  • Brohoof 2

22 hours ago, Steve Piranha said:

I’ve already posted this, but I think this thread could have it as well  :adorkable:

medium.png

Right on the nail, boy. :mlp_bedeyes:

2 hours ago, Rarity the Supreme said:

All things considered regarding my personal life right now, I'd say that the timing is spot-on. There's a small part of me that yearns for this show to proceed eons into the future, but, to be honest, I do think that the show has said all that it really needs to say at this point. As with anything, too much of a good thing is never usually for the best, and although I will and shall miss the show, the characters when they're all gone, I have no doubt that the fanbase will continue being the incredible man/woman-children with a taste for fantasy and innocence that we have all come to know and love over the past decade, and I look forward to the almost-assured resurgence of the MLP brand (Gen 5) in the next couple of years.

Let's not label this occurrence as the end of the MLP era, but rather a transitional phase into the next stage of this tremendous franchise.:mlp_grin:

This is right on the nail too. :mlp_bedeyes: I actually find it perfect that the show started right at the beginning of the 10s and will end right at the end of the 10s. There was a weird part of me that wanted it to "never end" too, but even if it went on for eons without the expense of the show's quality, there comes to a point where a show has done enough. This will definitely only be a transitional phase for me too, as I can't wait for what happens with this franchise and this fanbase going forward. :mlp_yay:

the show may end but as seen from other massively popular shows it will never go away ill miss the show greatly but there will be those Who will continue making FiM animations, comics, stories ect. so i dont see this as the end just a end of the chapter. besides maybe gen 5 will breath new life into the fandom but i digress its like saying goodbye to an old friend who we'll talk fondly of for many years to come.

On 2/24/2019 at 4:25 AM, IYAOYAS said:

It’s absolutely amazing to say first off. I’ve been apart of this fandom since early 2012 where i would scour deviant art for MLP artwork. Now I’m 20 and in the Navy, being out on deployment for months at a time is not only physically demanding but mentally challenging. Been back in port for a couple months and I’ve had more than enough time to dig up some old, fun, amazing memories that I’ve carried within this fandom that has kept my sanity with me.  It saddens me to see famous brony artists like glaze and brony dance party slowly die out and eventually stop uploading. But it almost brings tears to my eyes to see that the fandom is still around. I say the end in the title because of the show’s ultimate and predicted end. There’s talk of G5 but me personally, I don’t think it will carry the mass that FIM did fan wise. I wish i could go back to 2012 and just be happy in my room listening to music and looking at fan art. I will always love this dedicated fandom. Thank YOU guys for keeping these memories alive. ~IYAOYAS 

4 minutes ago, Scare Effect said:

the show may end but as seen from other massively popular shows it will never go away ill miss the show greatly but there will be those Who will continue making FiM animations, comics, stories ect. so i dont see this as the end just a end of the chapter. besides maybe gen 5 will breath new life into the fandom but i digress its like saying goodbye to an old friend who we'll talk fondly of for many years to come.

like-button2.jpg.747d1de6f7d2c625197446d7cc69f57b.jpg

• Brohoof 2

Season 9? Damn, I have to start watching season 5 but I have this huge pile of stuff in my plan to watch, what to do what to do

The show may end but the fandom and everything the cartoon made will forever live, in my opinion.
I'm just glad I followed the show after all these years and I'll always be grateful to the people who made it so memorable :ph3ar:

• Brohoof 3

On 2/23/2019 at 6:49 PM, SaburoDaimando said:

I also found out about the Tweet deletion.  And right now, I'm not so sure why that happened.

Could they be that close to being done without us knowing more already? Seems unlikely. 

Sounds like all the rough work is already done. Ingram's recorded all the songs and Clare Corlett has finished all her vocal work. Jim Miller said he only has a few months left on it.

Hasbro must have really tightened the screws after last year's leak. Best Gift Ever and most of the recent shorts were sealed tight. 

Edited by n1029

Remember people that all things change. We have lost a lot of good actors and musicians too. We need to embrace the new things as they come our way. The essence of this show will show up again in another. It may not be pony based but it will live on. The fans will continue with stories and other things that will keep the spirit alive. Just because Hasbro is making this decision to end the series does not mean the end to the essence. :) Chin up there will be other great shows in the future. 

I for one wish I could see it evolve and get better but I don't always get what I want. ;)

I just hope to see more music and songs from Danial Ingram. He is fantastic. 

4 hours ago, FlareGun45 said:

Which means 11 AM EST!

I know who those eyes belong to! I can tell by the shape! Oh this is gonna be an AWESOME premiere! 

An awesome premiere? I don't understand why they would be premiering the new season on a Wednesday out of all days.

5 hours ago, TwilySparky said:

An awesome premiere? I don't understand why they would be premiering the new season on a Wednesday out of all days.

I never said they would. But it might be a teaser coming up for the next season, and I can tell it's gonna be an awesome premiere! 

I got a tad too excited last night and failed to see it was 9am MST; not EST. Blasted time zones. XD

• The topic was unpinned
  • The topic was unfeatured