VG_Addict

Season 9 CONFIRMED to be the last season.

Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, Steve Piranha said:
  Reveal hidden contents

It’s possible for that to happen, as the leaks have shown that Grogar, Cozy, and Tirek will appear as well. I wonder where Chryssy fits in all that tho :huh:

 

Spoiler

She does know where the tree is. As we saw in the clip, a chunk of crystal cane through the ground and destroyed it along with the elements.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Badges

My one gripe is that 

Spoiler

Since we're dealing with mind control, it appears that Shining Armor, Cadence, and presumably the Royal Sisters are going to be reduced to objects needing to be saved... again.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Badges

17 minutes ago, TheAnimationFanatic said:

My one gripe is that 

  Reveal hidden contents

Since we're dealing with mind control, it appears that Shining Armor, Cadence, and presumably the Royal Sisters are going to be reduced to objects needing to be saved... again.

 

Spoiler

It appears in one shot that Twilight has her ascended Princess hair again. So she might be getting their powers again. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Badges

2 minutes ago, Twilight Luna said:
  Reveal hidden contents

It appears in one shot that Twilight has her ascended Princess hair again. So she might be getting their powers again. 

 

Spoiler

I hope so, it would be nice for them to participate in the action.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Badges

Alright, time for some honest party pooping! And by that I mean it's time for a cynical prophecy that nobody wants to read.

 

ToH aside, it seems like everything Sombra-related is from Crystal Empire which includes the reveal and resolution with the friendship blast. The same blast is used to cure the changeling zombie state back in Canterlot. They probably get hexed by Chrysalis, but since she and Sombra are useless lesson props nothing gets done and status quo continues. After this first two-parter you'll be hearing a lot about how the EoHs are in all of us even though the Castle and the School will still exist and Equestria won't disappear into a sinkhole created by the withering of all those crystalline roots. Besides, even our glorious writers are not round-headed enough to introduce ToH's projection only to kill the damn thing in the next season. We'll also get the usual overarching plot bait in the form of Easter eggs, and then it's back to the usual stuff like Rarity visiting Manehattan for some fashion reason or the other.

 

P.S: You know it's bad when they're using "Winter is Coming" in 2019. You also know it's bad when they are blatantly using Song of Ice and Fire references in a kid show while we have officials on record saying they're not trying to target us specifically. How bout we get some dwarves and hookers? It comes with the territory, you know that H-Bro?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Badges

6 hours ago, A.V. said:
  Hide contents

Looks like they're officially giving Sombra the "Jake Skywalker" treatment, sad to say.

What do you mean by 

Spoiler

giving Sombra the "Jake Skywalker" treatment? I know you're likely slam the Star Wars Prequel! But what do you mean?

 

5 hours ago, Steve Piranha said:

I’ll post it again once FIM ends :adorkable:

 

Good choice

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Badges

(edited)
11 minutes ago, Will Guide said:

What do you mean by 

  Hide contents

giving Sombra the "Jake Skywalker" treatment? I know you're likely slam the Star Wars Prequel! But what do you mean?

 

 

I think you mean "Sequel" (namely The Last Jedi).

But anyway, I mean it sucks that FIENDship Is Magic #1 (liked by most readers) and Siege Of The Crystal Empire (liked by less readers, but still some) are being overridden in the process -- just like how Legends Luke was overridden to make way for Canon Luke (nicknamed "Jake Skywalker" by Mark Hamill himself).

P.S.: It also means that the "Sombra and Radiant Hope travel Equestria to revive Princess Amore" subplot will never be resolved, adding another layer of negativity to this news.

Edited by A.V.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, A.V. said:

 

  Hide contents

I think you mean "Sequel" (namely The Last Jedi).

But anyway, I mean it sucks that FIENDship #1 (liked by most readers) and Siege (liked by less readers, but still some) are being overridden in the process -- just like how Legends Luke was overridden to make way for Canon Luke (nicknamed "Jake Skywalker" by Mark Hamill himself).

P.S.: It also means that the "Sombra and Radiant Hope travel Equestria to revive Princess Amore" subplot will never be resolved, adding another layer of negativity to this news.

 

You do realize

Spoiler

were never truly meant to be canon all the time. The comics were always made in Broad Strokes as Tv Tropes calls it. An Canon Only when we feel like it" attitude They already "overridden" the Sirens poor-received Comic Backstory. And the information in canon Season 6 already override the First Comic Story arc with the Return of Chrysalis

From the very beginning the Comic should have always have been treated as alternative Canon.

Let the show runners do it their way and the comics do it their way.

This is why I'm a believer of the Multi-universe Theory that all timelines are canon in their own way. We just simply witness one branch of the timeline.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Badges

4 minutes ago, Will Guide said:

You do realize

  Hide contents

were never truly meant to be canon all the time. The comics were always made in Broad Strokes as Tv Tropes calls it. An Canon Only when we feel like it" attitude They already "overridden" the Sirens poor-received Comic Backstory. And the information in canon Season 6 already override the First Comic Story arc with the Return of Chrysalis

From the very beginning the Comic should have always have been treated as alternative Canon.

Let the show runners do it their way and the comics do it their way.

This is why I'm a believer of the Multi-universe Theory that all timelines are canon in their own way. We just simply witness one branch of the timeline.

 

I think I can work with that explanation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Goat-kun said:

P.S: You know it's bad when they're using "Winter is Coming" in 2019. You also know it's bad when they are blatantly using Song of Ice and Fire references in a kid show while we have officials on record saying they're not trying to target us specifically.

If that was targeted at us, could there be a more apt metaphor than "Winter is Coming?"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Badges

7 hours ago, TheAnimationFanatic said:

My one gripe is that 

  Hide contents

Since we're dealing with mind control, it appears that Shining Armor, Cadence, and presumably the Royal Sisters are going to be reduced to objects needing to be saved... again.

 

Possibly not. I'm not sure I saw them in the shot of Starlight, Spike, and everyone with them being freed from the brainwashing, but if Sombra kidnaps Flurry Heart, he'll have insurance to keep Cadence, Shining Armor, Celestia, and Luna from confronting him, and if he wrecks the Tree of Harmony and the Elements, he removes another threat they could use against him and the other villains who have not reformed yet, including Chrysalis, Lord Tirek, and Cozy Glow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Badges

13 hours ago, BornAgainBrony said:

If that was targeted at us, could there be a more apt metaphor than "Winter is Coming?"

The end is neigh ;)

 

Winter comes with all kinds of promises, you know. Sex, violence, old magic, the good stuff. Pony does not have the good stuff. No winter for pony.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Badges

(edited)
40 minutes ago, Goat-kun said:

The end is neigh ;)

 

 

 

Winter comes with all kinds of promises, you know. Sex, violence, old magic, the good stuff. Pony does not have the good stuff. No winter for pony.

 

What about this:

 

Edited by YoshiAngemon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, YoshiAngemon said:

What about this:

 

This instance was an Easter egg, same as Slendermane, rather than a soulless corporation trying its miserable best to be all hip with the young people. In S09 trailer they're using the font and the altered phrase. It reeks of desperation and same action adventure baiting they've used in previous season but this time it's turned up to eleven. And the best part is: Song is right there alongside hardcore porn and Holocaust jokes. I'm not bothered by that. In fact, I'm the target audience :P But then some bald bearded soyster comes along and informs me that MLP lore and worldbuilding cannot be criticized cause little girls and that friendship must always win.

 

 

You're using this bloody fantasy of your own free will. No one forced you to do it, and you're doing it wrong for all the wrong reasons.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Badges

4 hours ago, Goat-kun said:

This instance was an Easter egg, same as Slendermane, rather than a soulless corporation trying its miserable best to be all hip with the young people. In S09 trailer they're using the font and the altered phrase. It reeks of desperation and same action adventure baiting they've used in previous season but this time it's turned up to eleven. And the best part is: Song is right there alongside hardcore porn and Holocaust jokes. I'm not bothered by that. In fact, I'm the target audience :P But then some bald bearded soyster comes along and informs me that MLP lore and worldbuilding cannot be criticized cause little girls and that friendship must always win.

 

 

 

 

 

You're using this bloody fantasy of your own free will. No one forced you to do it, and you're doing it wrong for all the wrong reasons.

 

My issue is that they did this GoT business before in a season 6 trailer with much higher production values (it actually looked quite good). This one looks like more of a tossed in afterthought. I don’t mind gimmicks but they could have put a little more effort into it. The switch from epic narration to the typical DF woman is also jarring. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, Jeric said:

My issue is that they did this GoT business before in a season 6 trailer with much higher production values (it actually looked quite good). This one looks like more of a tossed in afterthought. I don’t mind gimmicks but they could have put a little more effort into it. The switch from epic narration to the typical DF woman is also jarring. 

Personally, I wouldn't say that.

I think it was intended to be a Bait and Switch joke. So the jarring switch was meant to be like that. Just a little humor to the trailer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Badges

14 minutes ago, Will Guide said:

Personally, I wouldn't say that.

I think it was intended to be a Bait and Switch joke. So the jarring switch was meant to be like that. Just a little humor to the trailer.

The voice change or the GoT repeat? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Jeric said:

The voice change or the GoT repeat? 

I would say Voice Change. They likely can't rip off GoT throughout the WHOLE ad. That's my hypothesis.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Badges

Well, about time.

Speaking honestly, the show began to drop massively in quality starting from Season 3 (mostly because this season was rushed). From there on, there was still a good basis to keep the show good and fresh, but as time went on and the Universe got larger and larger, the show simply became too overloaded with characters. On one hand, it's understandable, as the main character kept getting explored and fleshed out, there was only so much you could do with them. But by expanding the number of characters, you run the risk of exploring characters the audience just doesn't care about. For example, with the exception of the princesses episode and the big season finale, I never bothered to watch any episode in which the focus was Starlight Glimmer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Badges

6 hours ago, RiseofSpectrum said:

Well, about time.

Speaking honestly, the show began to drop massively in quality starting from Season 3 (mostly because this season was rushed). From there on, there was still a good basis to keep the show good and fresh, but as time went on and the Universe got larger and larger, the show simply became too overloaded with characters. On one hand, it's understandable, as the main character kept getting explored and fleshed out, there was only so much you could do with them. But by expanding the number of characters, you run the risk of exploring characters the audience just doesn't care about. For example, with the exception of the princesses episode and the big season finale, I never bothered to watch any episode in which the focus was Starlight Glimmer.

CReyprY.jpg

In all seriousness, I don't feel the show dropped in quality at all, and I feel that Glimmer has become a very fun addition to the cast.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Jeric said:

My issue is that they did this GoT business before in a season 6 trailer with much higher production values (it actually looked quite good). This one looks like more of a tossed in afterthought. I don’t mind gimmicks but they could have put a little more effort into it. The switch from epic narration to the typical DF woman is also jarring. 

It's getting old. It's something a dad would use. No offense :P

 

I'm just a bit pissed that they're still baiting with fantasy that's so far removed from what they have. Is this signaling to adults or children? Welp, that doesn't even matter. You know what's better than cheap signals? Better lore! Better action adventure! Less fake friendship with forced resolutions! Works on both targets.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Badges

5 hours ago, Key Sharkz said:

CReyprY.jpg

In all seriousness, I don't feel the show dropped in quality at all, and I feel that Glimmer has become a very fun addition to the cast.

Same. Some seasons are better than others, but each of them has been good so far.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Badges

(edited)

Wonder how will it end and now it confirm it season 9. Admit hardly keep up last few season but did catch up and seen all episodes. Didn't enjoy last season much, there was season I enjoy most, season 4 and 5. Things did changed, some brony cons never around and not much fan made things going around (maybe I didn't keep up). Wasn't much hyper with MLP and ponies as when I become brony but still love ponies, watch episodes, collect some pony pictures and have some ponies in my head and of course come to MLP forum and look at Equestria Daily every 6 days. Well hope season 9 is best.

Edited by Adam Burt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You know? Many of you may remember, but every time a new milestone in the FIM universe is about to occur, I upload videos of the 72 hours in Majora’s Mask, ending with this the midnight before with this as a joke

I do it before a premiere, finale, an EG movie or special, and I did it once in the pony movie..... I won’t post that for the series finale. I don’t think it fits my mood for joking. I’ll post something more dignified, more goodbye worthy :adorkable:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You know, considering that we may not see the new series till 2021 or later, I wonder if they will make specials to tide us over till the new series is ready.  Maybe a true Grand Finale that will wrap everything up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.