Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Season 9 CONFIRMED to be the last season.

CastletonSnob

I'm a bit sad too, after following this show for so many years and growing with it, but I also know this is right. The show may come to an end, but it's more just like a change for the universe. There will still be new contents about it, I'm sure. There's no new books of the main series of Harry Potter, yet the Pottermania is still pretty active and fans write a lot, really.

And I'm positive for what will come next. The world of MLP will continue to evolve, and I will be waiting to see what great things it has to offer. :fluttershy: 

For the time being, let's enjoy the great spark of magic this year. ^_^

When it ends, it starts again. :rarity:

• Brohoof 3

27 minutes ago, CypherHoof said:

(yey, forums are back, I can finally post this :D )

Seems odd. you skipped so much of the G4 story - Starlight's redemption arc, glitterbugs, seaponies and so forth - but are interested in what G5 will offer?

(yay! :ticking:)

I’ve really enjoyed what I’ve seen so far, but I’d like to see a whole new cast with more unique ideas to explore.

• Brohoof 1

I always avoided leaks so this is new to me. I was aware of rumors of season 9 being the last but I was not sure what to make of it since there has been "end of the series" rumors seemingly every season since season 3 (which I believe was actually originally to be the end of series). I am sad that the show will finally end though it did have a long run; better to end it before the quality of the show declines significantly.

• Brohoof 3

52 minutes ago, BronyNumber2 said:

CGI movie? I don't know. Will there be a spin off series with the school of friendship? 

Who knows? Personally, it will be fantastic if the next generation ends-up as a spin-off. No matter how little they reference FIM, but letting us know it exist in the same universe :mlp_icwudt:

• Brohoof 1

I'm glad the show is ending. It's been on a downward slope for a while and it's best to end it now before it gets even worse.

A fresh start for MLP might be a good thing. Or bad. I don't know. I'll give G5 a fair shot when it comes it out. 

Besides, Lauren Faust's new DC Superhero Hero Girls show is coming out soon and it looks very reminiscent of the early years of MLP.

• Brohoof 3

Damnit... damnit.

I'm gonna miss you girls...

Don't go. You're wonderful.

This music would be thought of sometimes when I thought of the potential and rumor of the show ending. Good feeling.

Edited by Toastypk
  • Brohoof 1

19 hours ago, Key Sharkz said:

The show may end, but the friends we made in real life because of it? That's forever.

This is the one thing I'm actually not happy about... I have Aspergers and have always had an introverted personality, having difficulty really opening up to others and getting on a more personal level. It's extraordinarily rare for me to do that. As much as I love the show, I dunno if I'm going to be "cured" of this feeling. I wish Twi would help with that.

I would love it if they had a pony who was the same on season 9. Maybe dont use the words autistic or aspergers, but just have them be the same. (I mean we have Moondancer who is similar, but she was just hurt and afraid.) I feel like Twi at the start of the show, just instead of "unwilling", put in the word, "unable". Or at least that's what it almost feels like.

I had a thread some months ago where I reached out to say hello to a pony video reactor I watch, which is one of the first instances of trying to reach out to make a friend I've had in a long time. All my stream of consciousness concerns were included.

• Brohoof 1

Just now, Toastypk said:

This is the one thing I'm actually not happy about... I have Aspergers and have always had an introverted personality, having difficulty really opening up to others and getting on a more personal level. It's extraordinarily rare for me to do that. As much as I love the show, I dunno if I'm going to be "cured" of this feeling. I wish Twi would help with that.

I would love it if they had a pony who was the same on season 9. Maybe dont use the words autistic or aspergers, but just have them be the same. (I mean we have Moondancer who is similar, but she was just hurt and afraid.) I feel like Twi at the start of the show, just instead of "unwilling", put in the word, "unable". Or at least that's what it almost feels like.

I had a thread some months ago where I reached out to say hello to a pony video reactor I watch, which is one of the first instances of trying to reach out to make a friend I've had in a long time. All my stream of consciousness concerns were included.

Given how shows have a bad history of trying to do stuff like that and doing it VERY badly, it's probably for the best that they don't.

Just now, Key Sharkz said:

Given how shows have a bad history of trying to do stuff like that and doing it VERY badly, it's probably for the best that they don't.

I guess I just wonder though, like what's the answer for him or her in the episode? How does he or she resolve it? How do I resolve it?

This isn't saying I can't talk to people or anything, but I get pretty envious at how easily people make it, and really desire to get to a level where I can do things with others for fun that isn't just online.

Just now, Toastypk said:

I guess I just wonder though, like what's the answer for him or her in the episode? How does he or she resolve it? How do I resolve it?

This isn't saying I can't talk to people or anything, but I get pretty envious at how easily people make it, and really desire to get to a level where I can do things with others for fun that isn't just online.

Going to be careful about how I word this because I don't mean any offense but:

Perhaps you should be looking toward professional help for this problem and not a cartoon. The show is not made by psychology professionals, so it's not going to likely tackle these kinds of issues for you.

48 minutes ago, Key Sharkz said:

Going to be careful about how I word this because I don't mean any offense but:

Perhaps you should be looking toward professional help for this problem and not a cartoon. The show is not made by psychology professionals, so it's not going to likely tackle these kinds of issues for you.

No no I do have such. I just really wondered what the show would say if anything. Having a character who can't do it so easily. Though again, we've had Moondancer.

Not making a big deal or anything from this I just was really curious to see the show talk about.

Edited by Toastypk
  • Brohoof 1

"DERPY HOOOOVES !  DID YOU TELL EVEREYPONY AT HASBRO STUDIOS THAT SEASON 9 IS THE FINAL SEASON ? SO DID YOUR MUFFIN BRAIN MAKE A MISTAKE BY READING ON YOUR SPELLINET ! Anyway I'm Rainbowdash where I'm I going live if Equestria bans cloudsdale home but me as a wonderbolt  don't believe everything or rumors that other websites post and yes I check with info on Hasbro saying they are ending mlp fim season 9 to be the final season there is no word that Hasbro said that plus I disagree tell me if I'm wrong I don't care if the show ends we always have RAINBOW BUTTERFLY UNICORN KITTY to cheer you up on Nicktoons!

As sad as I am, I'm sure the fandom will stay sorta alive since we have g5 to look forward to. I don't wanna jinx anything but I don't imagine that they'll mess up g5 too bad. I'm just disappointed because they seem to be pushing g5 back to 2021 which leaves us with a long hiatus when season 9 ends :dry:  

• Brohoof 2

23 hours ago, CypherHoof said:

Will have to wait and see. I am guessing that, if G5 flops, they will find a reason to resurrect FiM...

G5 is a G4 reboot from what I've heard so it's not going to be something entirely new and different. Whether they can make a concept new enough to grab attention, without straying too far as to get none at all is to be seen.

• Brohoof 6

Huh, has it been this long already?

I could say I'm happy, but man it still leaves a stinging sensation. So many years... Met so many great people thanks to this show, and even though I am still about 1.5 seasons behind, if not more, it's still disappointing to see it finally come to an end. Of course, better sooner than later, since there are just so many ideas that can be used to keep it fresh and entertaining, and I'm certain the majority of best ones have already been presented to us.

But at once, I still remember how vibrant the community was at its beginning, so much traffic, ARTWORK EVERYWHERE, the fanmade music it gave us, tons upon tons upon even more of all kinds of drawn work, it even explored harder to reach avenues of sculpting, knitting, it was everywhere.

All I can say now, is that all the memories I've made over these years will remain with me until the end of my days.

Still, glad to see it go finally. It's already been starting to stretch itself thin. A wise decision to let it go finally.

• Brohoof 4

2 hours ago, ~C. Discord~ said:

G5 is a G4 reboot from what I've heard so it's not going to be something entirely new and different. Whether they can make a concept new enough to grab attention, without straying too far as to get none at all is to be seen.

This is just my preference, but if they are going the reboot route (which I think is the most likely case), I think they should either (a) keep the general setting and character designs as they are but tweak some things here and there, so that it feels more like an "alternate timeline" sort of reboot, or (b) come up with an entirely new world and characters, maybe borrowing some elements here and there from G4, so that it's easier to distinguish from G4 and doesn't just feel like a "new and improved G4". The way they seem to be going about it in the leaks though, they seem to be keeping the main characters but changing them and the setting drastically. And I'm not usually one to say this, but I feel like this is one of those times where a middle ground may not actually be preferable to either extreme.

That said, maybe there could be some sort of compromise between the two extremes that can be achieved so that there are still elements of G4 carried over for nostalgia's sake, but at the same time the show feels different enough that it's able to carve its own identity. One of the emails mentioned boys tagging along for the "journey", the word "journey" specifically making me think that, instead of one pony and her five friends learning about friendship, maybe the next show could follow two members of each pony race going on some journey together, having some epic adventures with other friends, and then the six ponies meet further into the series? Just brainstorming, but I think an idea like that might help G5 defray some of the inevitable comparisons it'll get, rather than feel like "G4 but different now!" if it just has the same premise as G4.

Anyways, yeah...that's my rambling for today.

The ride won't end; we're just changing the cars on this rollercoaster of pones! :D

While I arrived on these forums rather late, I've actually been watching the show since mid-season 1 was airing, and wow, never thought a show and fandom would grab me as much as FiM has. Never would I have imagined that it would inspire such OCs, worlds, stories, & such that...just...wow. It's sad the show is ending, but it's legacy will last for quite a long while I feel.

Holding out optimistic hope for G5. BRING IT ON...but first, season 9. <3

• Brohoof 6

You know, I've just teared up a little. These news are bittersweet, and I have envisioned Pinkie Pie directly addressing us, thanking us for walking this journey for so many years. Being a journey of growth not only for them, but for us as well. But she's happy to have ended theirs, but sad because see in many of us unable to move on. Offering us encouragement to take what we learned with FIM, and face life with confidence and bravery, and ending that this adventure may be the most precious so far, but not closing up with more to come :mlp_rarity:

It's really strange to learn about this; a little bittersweet, really. I started watching early season 2 and I didn't think it would last long after that. Well I was proven wrong and I'm happy it lasted this long!

Definitely would like more to come from G4 and I'm sad to see it's going to end with the upcoming season, but it's good to let this one go on a high note (hopefully) rather than letting it go stale. If it's one thing I'd look back on, it's how it inspired fans to create. Stories, characters, whole new worlds beyond what we see on the show... and I don't see that ending once the season is over. Despite the show having its hits and misses, it's been a good ride all in all.

Stay creative and inspired, everypony! Let's hope season 9 will be a memorable one!

5 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

I'll start the chant: DEER FOR GEN 5! :laugh:

G5 will automatically be better than G4 if this is the case. ;)

• Brohoof 5

Just now, PathfinderCS said:

G5 will automatically be better than G4 if this is the case. ;)

The deer shall rule over the ponies causing an epic pony war on a not so far off Tuesday morning. :ticking:

• Brohoof 1