Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Season 9 CONFIRMED to be the last season.

CastletonSnob

5 hours ago, Justin_Case001 said:

Rewatch the series periodically.  Watch youtube Pony videos.  Read fanfics.  Collect fan art.  Collect merch.  Chat on here.  Listen to the music.  Remember, we're not locking the door and throwing away the key.  It's not a rollercoaster: you don't have to disembark when the ride ends.  Pony can still be a part of your life.  I can't speak for anyone else, but I'm not going anywhere.  I'm still going to haunt the forums regularly.  Where else could I go to make my blog posts?  I'd be lost without this place.  I'm not going to just f*ck off and never speak of Pony again just because there's no new episodes.  Don't you still enjoy franchises that already saw their end?  The fandom isn't going anywhere.  And if G5 is good, maybe we'll all pile on that train.  Don't despair.

That's not what I meant. Funny thing I have been explaining basically what you said to someone else in despair over the show ending. What I meant by that was, this show and collectively its fandom actually gave me a shred of purpose in life. Making the signatures mainly but also just being part of a real community. One I actually feel like I matter in the slightest. I am simply worried about the future, but that's not anything new for me. The thought of the show that game me an ounce of purpose ending has me a bit scared. Since I made that post I am trying to stay as positive about it all as I can be, so there is that, but I still have those worries in the back of my mind.

• Brohoof 1

8 minutes ago, Kyoshi said:

That's not what I meant. Funny thing I have been explaining basically what you said to someone else in despair over the show ending. What I meant by that was, this show and collectively its fandom actually gave me a shred of purpose in life. Making the signatures mainly but also just being part of a real community. One I actually feel like I matter in the slightest. I am simply worried about the future, but that's not anything new for me. The thought of the show that game me an ounce of purpose ending has me a bit scared. Since I made that post I am trying to stay as positive about it all as I can be, so there is that, but I still have those worries in the back of my mind.

At least you can rest assured the fandom won't evaporate very quickly if it DOES happen (which I'm doubting because we're still getting a Gen 5) because there will be some more content after the show ends leading up to the movie.

3 minutes ago, Key Sharkz said:

At least you can rest assured the fandom won't evaporate very quickly if it DOES happen (which I'm doubting because we're still getting a Gen 5) because there will be some more content after the show ends leading up to the movie.

According to the leaks, two specials at least. The Rainbow one was announced, so there's still one left. Possibly next year, to have an MLP presence that year

• Brohoof 1

Really, Lauren? This is pretty shameful. Just because you are admitting it's a shameless plug doesn't make it any less shameful to do. I mean this kind of doesn't spell out "great" for your new show when you are having to piggyback off of the show you left 7 years ago ending to get some promotion for it.

Really feel like Lauren is not being a good sport about this.

I fear Gen 5 will be another situation where some of the talent from Gen 4 basically try to sabotage it out of bitterness.

27 minutes ago, Sonny said:

Well, Season 9 is the end. Anypony planning on sticking around the fandom after it ends? I know I will. 

Wish me luck in my future art and fic endeavors :mlp_icwudt:

1 hour ago, Key Sharkz said:

Really, Lauren? This is pretty shameful. Just because you are admitting it's a shameless plug doesn't make it any less shameful to do. I mean this kind of doesn't spell out "great" for your new show when you are having to piggyback off of the show you left 7 years ago ending to get some promotion for it.

I fear Gen 5 will be another situation where some of the talent from Gen 4 basically try to sabotage it out of bitterness.

I agree with what you said above but would you care to elaborate on the part that I highlighted? 

1 minute ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

I agree with what you said above but would you care to elaborate on the part that I highlighted? 

Similar to Power Puff Girls reboot where the voice talent of the past generation of the show more or less left a sour taste in everyone's mouth before the show even began because they threw a huge fit. More or less sabotaging the show before it even had a chance.

Ultimately the show ended up sucking anyway, but again: people's taste toward it was already soured anyway.

8 hours ago, Key Sharkz said:

Similar to Power Puff Girls reboot where the voice talent of the past generation of the show more or less left a sour taste in everyone's mouth before the show even began because they threw a huge fit. More or less sabotaging the show before it even had a chance.

Thank You, My Friend. :mlp_rarity:

I remember that.

Hopefully, the G4 cast of FiM will be more mature/respectful/less protective of their characters if G5 decides to carry on with the Mane 6 going forward.

Edited by Sparklefan1234
  • Brohoof 1

3 hours ago, Key Sharkz said:

1 hour ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

I agree with what you said above

Oh, please forgive her for having the NERVE to seize an opportunity to advertise what she's currently working on. She's not trying to take anything away from FIM ending, just reminding her followers that there's something else to look forward to. 

Whatever happened with PowerPuff Girls, I don't imagine oversensitive fans did it any favors either.

Edited by n1029
  • Brohoof 2

Even though I hopped on the bandwagon in the middle of the craze (Season 5). This fandom made me go outside my comfort zone! Bronycon was the first and only Con I've ever been to for anything! This show changed my attitude towards life, from open-mindedness to understanding. I wouldn't change any of it, I wouldn't take any of it back, which is something I can't say about other things in my life. This provided me an amazing adventure in my life and allowing me to find myself! It's the discussions I've had with other fans that made it all worthwhile, making friends and everlasting bonds was the real magic!!!

• Brohoof 4

1 hour ago, n1029 said:

Oh, please forgive her for having the NERVE to seize an opportunity to advertise what she's currently working on. She's not trying to take anything away from FIM ending, just reminding her followers that there's something else to look forward to. 

Whatever happened with PowerPuff Girls, I don't imagine oversensitive fans did it any favors either.

Considering right before that tweet she literally said the show “ended” for her when she left. So she’s not really trying to be all “hey I’m friendly with the MLP staff still, how about some cross promotion!”

We already know she left on not so great terms. This is the equivalent of acting all buddy buddy with someone you know doesn’t like you and you don’t like them to look good.

Sorry but what she did is absolutely intended to try and benefit herself off of a show she’s had little to do with’s End. Generally speaking it’s not good form to advertise your content this way anyway; it comes off as pathetic.

Edited by Guest

This show has changed me as a person and helped me with my stress and anxiety I suffer with in life. It was and  still is an honor to be part of it.   In many ways and I can’t wait to see what G5 will bring.  Hopefully the same characters and voices 😪😞😔

• Brohoof 2

I still like MY ending. The whole series turns out to be bed time stories Princess Twilight was reading to her little grand-filly. Stories all about how she met the Filly's amazing honorary aunties, and how Twilight became the Princess of Friendship. Then G5 could be about the now grown filly following in Twilight's hoofprints as she tries to save Equestria from some new and dangerous foe.

• Brohoof 1

4 minutes ago, cuteycindyhoney said:

I still like MY ending. The whole series turns out to be bed time stories Princess Twilight was reading to her little grand-filly. Stories all about how she met the Filly's amazing honorary aunties, and how Twilight became the Princess of Friendship. Then G5 could be about the now grown filly following in Twilight's hoofprints as she tries to save Equestria from some new and dangerous foe.

NIce kim possible avatar anyway did you like the live action movie of same as your avatar I sure did ?

Let's stay on-topic for this thread. Anything that continues out of the scope of this thread should be taken into DMs or elsewhere.

• Brohoof 1

You know? I kinda feel anxiety for the show ending. One part of me is happy for having a closure on the horizon, and knowing it won’t fall victim for long-term rot like the Simpson, Fairly Odd Parents, Spongebob, or Pokémon. The other part of me is sad because.... ponies have been an essential part of my life in these last years. I regret not being in the fandom from the beginning, but stood with it by the end

• Brohoof 6

The show may be ending but there's still a lot of unanswered questions; both pertaining to the show itself and what future plans are.

I need to find something else to preoccupy my time.

• Brohoof 2

The last season of MLP:FIM is not the ending of MLP in general: we shall have Gen5, besides FIM hath gone too far from its essential roots throughout the latest seasons methinks.

But the main thing, nothing can kill the community and the fandom, except the fandom passiveness itself. As long as the artists generate fan-made content (even if 't be true the official G4 content is over) MLP:FIM is not only a memory. Everything is in our own hooves forsooth!!!

• Brohoof 8

2 hours ago, Alexshy said:

The last season of MLP:FIM is not the ending of MLP in general: we shall have Gen5, besides FIM hath gone too far from its essential roots throughout the latest seasons methinks.

But the main thing, nothing can kill the community and the fandom, except the fandom passiveness itself. As long as the artists generate fan-made content (even if 't be true the official G4 content is over) MLP:FIM is not only a memory. Everything is in our own hooves forsooth!!!

it may actually even mean that if the show is over, more fanmade videos would be allowed to see the light of day(a man can dream)

• Brohoof 3

• The topic was unpinned
  • The topic was unfeatured