Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

A note on the show ending

Jeric

Community, 

This will be short, but expect a long well thought out post from me later this weekend. As you all know we received final confirmation that Season 9 of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic will be its last season. It’s been a ride of amazing moments for a lot of us. 

Two things I need to mention - this community will go on. We are smaller and more quaint these days, but I’ve come to know, respect, and enjoy you all — yes even the ones that give me heartburn. We will go on. We will evolve as needed. 

Secondly, this last season will be our chance to do some things on here to tip our hat to the creators and each other for everything this show has meant over the years. The memories. The friends. The heartache and the blessings. I have had ideas in my nursery since I came back to staff. Pay attention to the Throne Room. For those that have no anxiety with video and audio clips get ready. And all of you get your OC’s prepared. 

We will Brony On. :D

• Brohoof 27

• The topic was featured

I can only hope this site and overall the fandom will continue on even after G4 sails off into the sunset. Even though I've had some rough times here and my life right now is sort of an emotional mess, this show and the fandom it created has given me so much. I've met so many people, tried things I've never tried before even though I failed at almost all of it and I have my signature collection, something I try to take pride in and I NEVER would have done anything like that if I never joined the fandom.

The news of the show ending soon has had me so depressed but if this site and the fandom keep going, then I can at least take hope in that. My friends here, even if I screw up all the time, always remind me I am not alone, as long as I am here. 

So I thank everyone here who is sticking around, because all of you make this place feel like home. 

Edited by Kyoshi
  • Brohoof 13

It's not over yet, but I'll say this now - It has been an incredible ride.

Whatever said, I'm glad that this forum will live on into the future and that things will be as enjoyable as always.

• Brohoof 4

G5 will generate plenty of discussion for sure. And may birth a new part of the fandom, and hopefully new cons now that this next bronycon's apparently gonna be the last one.

• Brohoof 3

Well, here's a plus side; more art, mainly OCs and canon characters will still be made even after G4 officially ends, and hopefully the comics will still be produced as well.

If I want season 9 to be the official final, here what the final season needs, at least:

• The official cutie mark reveal for Babs Seed (and a new VA if able, since the original VA for Babs Seed had walked off)
  • Introduction of Zebra inhabitants, not just Zecora alone
  • Introduction of Somnambula's nemesis, the Sphinx, with more screen time and development, including own VA
  • Cozy Glow being the first (or second) fully irredeemable, same with Chrysalis (though subject to change); not every villain deserves redemption
  • Scootaloo's origins, to see if she was orphaned, or if she has parents, and a fully-detailed explanation regarding her inability to fly normally (yes, Faust mentioned that Schootaloo has a disability, though the show itself has yet to fully reveal it throughout eight seasons, apart from Flight to the Finish, which was revealed but not fully explained; and no, Rainbow Dash doesn't qualify as a sister as IIRC, they're not biologically related)
  • Re-introduction of Suri Pollomare. She's shown in one episode, and only appears in flashbacks. Would love to see her as a mare with a mean streak if fully exposed as a pony who takes advantage on others
  • Re-introduction of Blueblood. Yes, he's been shown in The Best Night Ever, though that's about it. There needs more character development about him
  • Re-introduction of Twilight's old friends, and serve her as disciples

I know my post should've been moved to Show Discussion, but it just had to be said, in all fairness.

And I won't lie; in my 7 years on this forums, I can honestly say that this was a long run for me, even if my activities are rather lax. And yet here I am, still making contributions to the forums.

• Brohoof 3

Hah it would be great to catch up with the show before that happens I suppose. :mlp_icwudt:

The time went so quickly...

I have mixed feelings towards the generation's end to be honest, I don't know what to think about it. Though I am sure of one thing - that I definitely have joined too late. All the goals left unachieved... It was a wonderful adventure nevertheless. I still remember my first days... Oh that was something. :fluttershy:

• Brohoof 7

The show might end, but Equestria has pretty much built itself into my mind over the years to the point that it'll always be there for me. Same for a lot of the fans I'm guessing. Fan stories will still get written. Artwork will still spring up. Music composers will makes their remixes. And pony waifus will remain in the hooves of those that adore them. The show might end, but it'll keep living on in many other ways. Plus the show as we know it might still pop up in other ways. Odd little special here and there. A thoughtful sadness for the show ending, but ultimately I'm happy that it happened.

I'm looking forward to seeing what G5 brings. There's bound to be a fanfiction story crop up somewhere in the future where G4 ponies meet their G5 counterparts. Somebody out there is bound to do that. Seriosuly though, I hope G5 will be just as successful as the current one we've loved all these years.

• Brohoof 7

I'm gonna copy and paste the things I would love to see from the season 9 wishlist thread:

• -Flurry Heart having some involvement or importance
  • -Scootaloo's parents or aunts, or somehow finally being able to fly, though that would have to be done the right way.
  • -Something from the comics, a storyline or character
  • The CMCs kicking flank like their sisters, School Raze made it seem like they were more involved than they were in the episode.
  • Tempest!
  • Cozy coming back, somehow attaining the power she desires, putting Equestria in a dire situation. (and if she does, please give her a JRPG-esque powered up form sort of like they do in Equestria Girls!
  • Speaking of Equestria Girls, have a Shimmer episode! Though how they would do that without directly referencing Equestria Girls, I dunno.
  • The Pillars plus Stygian teaming up again to help with a problem, presumably one the mane 6 can't attend to for some reason.
  • Some good development on Starlight and Sunburst's friendship. (...relationship? might not happen but I love those two)
  • Brohoof 2

You know what? I'm gonna add one more thing to my list now..

• An amazing finale to match the big climaxes of any Final Fantasy game! Maybe one with an amazing final battle with whoever the main villain of the series turns out to be.
Edited by Toastypk
  • Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, BronyNumber2 said:

Maybe there shouldn't be a big villian and battle. We have seen that a lot already. What about an ending that winds down slowly. Each character gets something nice and the show ends on a happy, calm note. 

I would like this, TBH. It would be a nice change from the "EPIC BOSS BATTLE" stories this show is known for. 

• Brohoof 2

Well, I suppose it's better to confront the end of the series now than later. It has been an excellent ride and this show is what inspired me to be an active fan artist. I'm grateful for the amazing fans (you guys included, of course!) that the series has birthed.

I'm glad a lot of people here are optimistic about G5. As for me, I'm just hoping that even if G5 ends up being more popular than G4, fans everywhere will continue to show G4 love. "Enjoy new shows, but keep the old", if you will.

• Brohoof 6

7 hours ago, Twilight Luna said:

The show should end as it began, Twilight reading from a story book.

To her grand daughter! I know I would cry if they ended the run with Twilight telling her grand daughter all about how she became the Princess of Friendship, and how she met and befriended all of the young filly's honorary and amazing aunties!

• Brohoof 2