Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

A note on the show ending

Jeric

Well, when I joined in the herd between Seasons 3 and 4, I thought the show would end after 4 or 5. But being part of the fanbase for 6 out of 9 seasons means I'll have been part of the fanbase for way more than half the whole series run. Wow! I'm glad there were more seasons than I thought.

I don't care if this is the final season, that doesn't mean this is the end of the fandom. I welcome the idea that this site will go on after the show ends, and I am intrigued about what Hasbro plans to do next.

• Brohoof 2

• This topic was locked, unfeatured and unlocked
1 hour ago, cuteycindyhoney said:

To her grand daughter! I know I would cry if they ended the run with Twilight telling her grand daughter all about how she became the Princess of Friendship, and how she met and befriended all of the young filly's honorary and amazing aunties!

I'll be on board with this if Flash Sentry ends up being Twilight's husband. :P

Edited by Sparklefan1234
  • Brohoof 1

Through the best and the worst times of my life, the show has always been there for me, albeit not as long as the fandom started, but MLP has a special place in my heart. Give it 5, 10, even 25 years, the brony fandom will still have its loyal fans who love and tolerate. 

I thank MLP for getting me through tough times. And I am infinitely glad that it has the same effect on so many others. Here’s to another great generation of bronies. :D 

• Brohoof 1

On 2/17/2019 at 6:10 PM, Sparklefan1234 said:

I would like this, TBH. It would be a nice change from the "EPIC BOSS BATTLE" stories this show is known for. 

Make it an army instead. Closest we've ever come to that is the "crystal war." The movie could've done a great job with this. They had the perfect setup for it. And then for some reason, they dropped the ball.

I do have a thing in my head though that while it would never be a finale, it'd be an interesting villain 'battle.' I've got a redemption story for Chrysalis in my head. No magic love spells needed. And it's something that's never been done in the show before.

On 2/17/2019 at 6:28 PM, Twilight Luna said:

The show should end as it began, Twilight reading from a story book.

THIS IS UNLIKELY (at least as for the end of MLP:FiM_S9E26).

Equestria Girls is still an "active franchise" that would need from "Pony Crossovers" (to and/or from Equestria) from time to time.

-> Any kind of "book end" (or a long timeskip/epilogue) would either represent a "chronological barrier" from where EQG could never show its future; or [if ignored] will undermine any type of "high stakes" on stories (since we will know for sure & beforehand, that everything eventually resolved good & well).

• Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...

G4 will never end, it will exist in our hearts and minds.

Oh, and still loving Equestria Girls. Been rewatching all the specials; still have lots of love for "Forgotten Friendship!"

9 hours ago, Pripyat Pony said:

G4 will never end, it will exist in our hearts and minds.

Oh, and still loving Equestria Girls. Been rewatching all the specials; still have lots of love for "Forgotten Friendship!"

Yeah, I really like how we don't "have to hate" Equestria Girls anymore, since there's no more way to complain that the production quality of the show is "suffering" because of time being given to EG. I'm sure nostalgia is going to draw a lot of former FiM purists to appreciate the EG movies and specials more. :squee:  

• Brohoof 1

• 4 months later...

Whatever happens after S9, I stay close to the friendship. I have seen several generations come and go. But this one is the one that really got me blown away. I need a lifetime to analyze and go deep with this, so if it’s ends, no problems I have plenty to catch up with. And one thing more, the ones that stays are the genuine interested fans.