Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How Are You With Needles?

Venomous

Are you afraid of needles? How are you with getting blood drawn and recieving injections? 

I am personally a huge baby when it comes to this. I sometimes faint whilst getting blood taken, which is referred to as vasovagal syncope.

• Brohoof 1

I'm more afraid of needles because of the anticipation, not because of the process of it. When I do have blood taken out or get injected, I realise it doesn't hurt as much as what I thought.

Needles used to freak me out when I was younger, to the point where I would scream and cry. Now that I've taken so many, I've gotten used to them and they barely faze me. 

Edited by Cash_In

NOPE. That's how I deal with them. Regular needles are bad enough, but a standard shot in the arm I can at least tolerate. Drawing blood however...Just the thought of it makes me cringe and nauseous. It is horrible to me.

Edited by Kyoshi
  • Brohoof 1

I'm alright when it's myself getting injected. But watching others get injected does make me cringe and want to look away. Same with watching it on a TV program or in a film. Yet I will happily watch a show where someone goes Mr Stabby with a knife on someone. Or if someone gets impaled. But a teeny tiny needle being pressed into the skin? Nope! I always automatically look away. :mlp_laugh:

The only thing I really dislike about injections is when they try to give me a plaster/bandaid afterwards and I have to tell them no. Seriously, I can't stand those things near me. Talking about them grosses me out enough. :yuck:

I used to be a lot better with needles when I was little, strangely enough. Now I can tolerate them but if I'm about to get a needle stuck in me I look the other way so I don't have to see it go in. 

8 minutes ago, Snow le Canard said:

I look forward to them. 

Thaaaaaat's...just a tad unnatural. :blink:

Shots and having blood drawn don't really bother me, but watching the vacutainer that the blood is stored in fill up really quickly can unnerve me pretty easily. There's something about the thought of a cavitation forming in my veins that just feels unsettling to me. The needles don't hurt unless the person drawing blood is really bad at it.

Edited by Sunset Rose

Why just yesterday, I was at the doctor. I didn't realize that I needed a needle stuck in me to take a blood test for the upcoming examinations I might have. The woman sticking me said to close my eyes and talk to her about anything. I chose Frozen. It was all over and taken care of in a minute with no screaming.

I used to dread needles but because of that visit yesterday, I found a way to deal with them in case I have to again.

I have never had any issue with them, to be quite honest. I was afraid of them when I was a small child, of course, but I have gotten over it with time. :darling: The thought of a needle or blood draw can be rather icky if you think about it quite a bit, though.

43 minutes ago, Dreambiscuit said:

I used to be a lot better with needles when I was little, strangely enough. Now I can tolerate them but if I'm about to get a needle stuck in me I look the other way so I don't have to see it go in. 

Thaaaaaat's...just a tad unnatural. :blink:

Yes, yes it is. :mlp_laugh:

• Brohoof 1

Needle shots are uncomfortable with me. Especially when I’m getting a blood test where they use a needle to suck my blood in which case, it feels weird.

I just pretend to not look when I’m getting a needle shot.

Edited by ZethaPonderer
To omit contradictory statements “Needle shots don’t faze me” and “Unless”

I don't really have a problem with needles. They're not exactly pleasant obviously and I still tense up every time, but I don't scream and cry like I did when getting a needle as a kid and a small pinprick, and some temporary numbness is often better than the shooting pain that will follow otherwise.    

Since I inject myself heroin everyday, I'm pretty okay with needles.

Okay no, but seriously, needles do make me nervous, a few years ago I almost started crying when they took a blood sample for the military, needless to say, they didn't see me as suitable. It has gotten better tho, now I just look away whenever a doctor takes a blood sample from me, but waiting in line for getting the blood sample taken is still a bit uncomfortable for me.

They aren't my idea of fun, but I can certainly tolerate them. I've had a lot of needles/shots from last summer to now thanks to my feet problems (dry needling at physical therapy and steroid shots). I'll gladly take a shot if it'll help me with my chronic foot pain which is a thousand times worse.

• Brohoof 1