Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How Are You With Needles?

Venomous

I feel faint when I get blood drawn. Kinda freaks me out

While I’ve had some painful needles over the years, the worst for me has always been ones in the mouth at the dentist

Not just because it hurts and it’s weird. Half my mouth is numb for a good half of the day. Such a pain when you wanna eat.

• Brohoof 2

2 hours ago, Operetta said:

I feel faint when I get blood drawn. Kinda freaks me out

It should be easier for females to draw blood since their bodies can handle blood loss better than males (by some monthly margin). Watching it being done might still be a problem though.

As someone who is used to needles on a daily basis (medication), hitting a nerve with the needle is random, and it hurts slightly more, compared to not hitting a nerve and it feels nothing! Pain is however JUST pain, nothing else to worry about. Slowly poking with the needle to feel if the nerve is there can help, at least when doing it myself. When a nurse does it, just take the pain.... 1, 2, 3, ouch! If it burns after, a nerve was hit.

• Brohoof 2

I've always hated them – maybe it's because I'm hypersensitive to pain. :yeahno: But they generally* go well anyway – I don't faint or anything like that, even if it's something I really dislike. :please:

* There was that one time it took three attempts to get a blood test from me for some reason (probably incompetence) – thankfully that didn't happen when I was little. :mlp_blink:

• Brohoof 3

I don't necessarily enjoy them but you know what I dislike as much as a lot of people don't like needles? Eyedrops. No one and I mean no one can get eyedrops in my eyes. I even bent the eyelid spreaders at the eye doctors to get my eyes closed before the drops fell in.

• Brohoof 1

I have no problem with them. Now injecting them on people..that's a different story. Took some few practices to get them right for the blood drawn. These damn veins. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

I've needed to get blood drawn fairly regularly for the last 11 years, so needles are basically nothing for me.

Injections are not a problem for me, well I also don't enjoy it.

taking blood from my venes is another story. I really cannot watch this, but I have at least one of those annuary

I used to hate them when I was  a kid, but now I just don't mind them.

Injections don't really bother me anymore, It's getting blood drawn that gets me sometimes.