Starlight the Hypnotist  

21 users have voted

1. 1. Did you like it?

• No, I hated it! >:(
    • I didn't like it.
    • Meh, it was okay.
    • I liked it!
    • I LOVED IT! <3

Writers responding to us tkaing it too serious with "we were just having fun guys"

Yeah you can make all the faces you want...but it was a bad joke. Ladybugs...really...what next pencils? Earaser shavings? Boogers?

Twilight's faces were amazing, it seems that these shorts are a way to publish all the media that the animation team won't be using after FiM ends and I'm enjoying it a lot.

Not really my favorite short, but as I said, I've been enjoying them too much to criticize them.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

So, basically, the lesson here is: "When you develop a sudden phobia you've never had before it means it's just time to go to the local crackpot for help, because the best person to go to for psychiatric help is the local sociopath who, even after several years of freebies and zero consequences for repeated negative behavior, still struggles with the most basic concepts of right and wrong and still thinks using brainwashing methods is the best way to deal with problems, even though literally every terrible thing she's ever done and all the pain she's inflicted on others was the result of this mentality. And when someone's new hobby is a clear lapse into the bad destructive behavior that used to define their existence, not only should you not be the slightest bit alarmed but you should actually encourage this new hobby, especially if it is your self-appointed duty to mentor this person and keep them from returning to the terrible behavior they used to do. You certainly shouldn't get help from a professional, or your friends, or your mentor, or your parents." Seriously, this is why so many people HATE Starlight Glimmer.

I'm not too fond of this but I like how much detail it went into about Twilight's phobia. The way she describes ladybugs actually does sound creepy. 

I'm still of the opinion that Starlight should not be allowed to do anything involving hypnosis, though. 

Edited by AlexanderThrond

• 3 weeks later...

The best short in my opinion, I always thought that starlight knows how to hypnotize considering she likes to deal with mind control. Twilights phobia came out of no where but nonetheless I highly enjoyed this short and I hope they will mention it in an episode this season, even just acknowledge this. I also liked that it actually mentioned that hypnosis used to actually help people deal with phobias and other things, you can't make someone do something the subject truly don't want to.

• 1 year later...