Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Weirdest quirk about your state? (USA)

Iris Flower

3 hours ago, Twiggy said:

Our state is perpetually on fire 9 months out of the year.

We have the four elements all covered. Water (flash floods), earth (earthquakes), fire (wildfires), and air (drought...sort of). Maybe those New Age spiritualists have a point? 

Edited by Anneal
  • Brohoof 2

Here in Florida we drive too fast and refuse to use turn signals, brave hurricanes like a boss but whine like babies if the weather dips below 70 degrees, and we love our Publix fried chicken. Oh, and gators. Lots of gators. Oranges, guns, fire ants, tourist traps, rednecks, and a whole lotta old people. 

Edited by Lucky Bolt
  • Brohoof 2

In Illinois, our first capital was on an island in the Mississippi River. An island that has a Missouri zip code and is only accessable by a bridge form the Missouri side of the river. 

Oh, and our governor's term doesn't end, we just send them to prison.

• Brohoof 1

• 4 months later...
On 2/24/2019 at 3:36 AM, Dreambiscuit said:

Um...how do I say this? The vast majority of the population of California is INSANE!!!!  :lostit:

I left California just in time, didn't I :laugh:

Uh... I don't know what to say about Florida. Something very unusual about Florida is it gets 2 (maybe 3?) times more tourists than there are residents every year. It also has the most-visited tourist destination in the world, Walt Disney World, which I live within 10 miles of.

Well, I don't think I read the title properly on this one.

Texas can have all four seasons at once within it's borders, and it happens from time to time during the spring months. How's that for bipolar weather?

The adage of "Everything is Bigger in Texas" is true, even for convenience stores (I've seen some the size of department stores...).

Texas apparently has to have it's own versions of everything and I don't understand why. :huh:

• Brohoof 1

On 7/16/2019 at 7:51 AM, ~Angel Dust~ said:

Well, I don't think I read the title properly on this one.

Texas can have all four seasons at once within it's borders, and it happens from time to time during the spring months. How's that for bipolar weather?

The adage of "Everything is Bigger in Texas" is true, even for convenience stores (I've seen some the size of department stores...).

Texas apparently has to have it's own versions of everything and I don't understand why. :huh:

As shit as the political situation was down in Texas, I do often miss it and would honestly rather live there than where I grew up.

To my knowledge, my state is one of the very few that restricts police from using radar. Only the highway patrol and cities above a certain population can possess and use radar.  

It's not Pennsylvania, btw. :P

(edited)

The only quirk my state has is that all of its lakes are man-made. Nothing else. Not even a bigfoot sighting. It doesn't even have people saying they were abducted by aliens. Nope. Just man-made lakes. Boooooooooooorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrriiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnngg..............

Edited by heavens-champion