Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Anthem Discussion

Cheesy G Nacho

Probably not, it looks cool, and I like robot suits and mechs, and from what it looks and sounds like, it plays fine. That said, everything I've heard about it sounds really...not good

I might get it on sale eventually.

I was going to, until this happened:

1828825350_YayAnthem1.PNG.86e5b69cfd34ce9dfed43a4049eeeac3.PNG

524989577_YayAnthem2.thumb.PNG.0f26e1848abf0d9c97ebd4c1c80f9b11.PNG

It seems like Anthem has a lot of the same exact problems that Destiny had, because that's smart. Take direct inspiration from one of the most shallow and boring games in recent gaming memory. Awesome. Just another disappointment for me to add to the list. Was really hoping for this to be good.

24 minutes ago, TwilySparky said:

Nope, and I personally don't plan on it. Never was too fond of battle royale.

Anthem isn't Battle Royale.

Edited by Kyoshi
  • Brohoof 1

@Cheesy G Nacho

Because asking others if they are playing a game does not necessarily qualify as discussion-starting material, I will be altering this thread’s title to turn it into just that!

2 hours ago, Kyoshi said:

I was going to, until this happened:

1828825350_YayAnthem1.PNG.86e5b69cfd34ce9dfed43a4049eeeac3.PNG

524989577_YayAnthem2.thumb.PNG.0f26e1848abf0d9c97ebd4c1c80f9b11.PNG

It seems like Anthem has a lot of the same exact problems that Destiny had, because that's smart. Take direct inspiration from one of the most shallow and boring games in recent gaming memory. Awesome. Just another disappointment for me to add to the list. Was really hoping for this to be good.

Anthem isn't Battle Royale.

I was thinking this was Apex Legends for some reason, my bad. Even then, it looks like a clone of Destiny. If I wanted to play Destiny, I would just play Destiny.

It’s a shame that Anthrm isn’t going to really make a splash, this could be the nail in the coffin for BioWare.

The publisher is EA. That is enough for me to not even bat an eye on this game, due to imminent microtransactions on the horizon.

I am boycotting any new games under EA and Activison release anyway. No matter how much I love Starcraft and HotS, Activision lost my trust. EA never had one in the first place.

That being said, Anthem sounds really bad. With its repeating loading screens which take forever, poor loot system and absolutely shallow world design. But most importantly with it's diversification in quests (go there and kill stuff predominantly) and the campaing which literally puts you in place where, if you wish to proceed, you need to just grind to fulfill quest requirements. And it's obligatory.

So no thanks, I've had my share of horrible games as of now. I'm good with not trusting marketing anymore. I miss the days the games were advertised with actual content they had and what they really were. When it was a competition to actually get a good product out there to fight for customers. Nowadays it's just blind followers falling to marketing tricks, buying whatever product a company spews out and then trying to convince themselves that it was a good buy.

And then there's a smaller group of people who actually genuinely enjoy it for niche reasons.

• 1 year later...