Game Stream  

17 users have voted

1. 1. Did you like it?

• No, I hated it! >:(
    • I didn't like it.
    • Meh, it was okay.
    • I liked it!
    • I LOVED IT! <3

Sunset Shimmer, the Multi talented Equestria Girl. She's good at math, she can dance the Flamenco, she is an excellent singer, she plays the guitar like a rocker, she is good at sports (fencing and riding a motorcross bike), is awesome in drawing comics, can do some fine streetart and is also a hard-core gamer. Is there something she can't do? Anyway, Sunset Shimmer, the Poster Girl of the huMane 7.

• Brohoof 2

Fluttershy is rapidly rising in my character rankings. She's so chill here. 

What console generation is this that a minigame like that has a physical release? 

I like that they're doubling down on Sunset getting angry all the time. I'd really like to see what this show could do with her if they let her look bad. I wish they hadn't written her with like a million passions and skills, though. 

This one's a bit less surprising than most Equestria Girls shorts because Sunset's not as well defined as the others, but the little things make it work; it's nice to see Sunset's love of video games developed, but I wish this had a little more detail. No duds this season, though! 

• Brohoof 2

You can tell that they enjoyed poking fun at the competitive gamer including the rage moments that often come as a result. I did like the inclusion of some classic video game sound effects--I even recognized one from Tetris of all things--and those in-game icons of Sunset's and Fluttershy's faces were adorable. I'm sure it won't take long for the fandom to come up with fanart based on this.

• Brohoof 4

This was a nice short! :D Out of the new EqG shorts, it's my favorite so far. :) The ending may have been a bit predictable but that didn't detract from the fun.

I found Sunset quite relatable here... In spite of how fun games are, they can certainly be frustrating. And at the same time, her reactions were entertaining. As for Fluttershy, she was simply adorable here! :kindness:

• Brohoof 5

I think I share Sunset's sentiment when things don't go my way in video games. I get frustrated a lot, but I've gotten past the point of getting so upset that I toss my controller on the ground in anger. As for Fluttershy, she was so cute and mellow here, even during Sunset's meltdown, and Sunset even overcame her frustration to praise Fluttershy and ask to see her play the game again, maybe to get a few good tips on where she went wrong on the game herself.

• Brohoof 2

I really enjoyed this short. Sunset's frustration towards the game, really hits close to home for me and it was interesting to see her competitive side once again. I will say that Fluttershy definitely has exquisite taste in games.

• Brohoof 2

I am impressed; Sunny faced off against Flutters in a challenge for getting an animal to do what you want it to do?

That's like challenging pinkie to a cupcake eating contest or Dashie to, well, any competitive sport ever....

Also....

FlutterConcentrate.png.480dbe6451591a2b4cbff7aa85668320.png

This expression.

• Brohoof 2

I saw this back when it was an animatic during the leaks. The final product turned out great.

Also regarding Sunset's footwear, it's not uncommon for women to have multiple pairs of shoes. Healed boots are not good for walking around your apartment, speaking from someone who has a wife that wears them.

Her shoes resemble converses to me, which are popular among the "alternative" crowd, which Sunset is definitely a part of. I eagerly wait for the day they give her piercings and tattoos. :P

I blame the fact she's only had hands for a few years. Can't expect her to have the same level of coordination as most humans.

But yeah, more shorts like this one please.

Edited by Toon4Thought
  • Brohoof 1

18 hours ago, FirePuppy said:

Did anyone also notice that Sunset's footwear is different than in Friendship Games and the 2017 specials?

2015:

992620__safe_artist-colon-seahawk270_sun

2019:

1969201__safe_screencap_sunset+shimmer_e

Thank goodness. The new shoes look way more comfortable. 

• Brohoof 2