Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What Is Your Top Favorite Anime?

Barnstormer

Looking for some new anime, what do y'all recommend based on the following list of stuff I've seen and liked?

FMA:Brotherhood, Magi, Black Butler, Soul Eater, My Hero Academia, One Punch Man, Hellsing Ultimate, Attack on Titan

• Brohoof 2

Hello, @Barnstormer

Simply seeking out recommendations would be better done through a status update or perhaps a blog entry rather than its own topic. Instead of closing this thread, however, I have altered its title to give it more potential to commence an actual discussion.

I can give you some anime I really enjoyed and would advise

• Seraph of the End: Vampire Reign
  • Food Wars!
  • Durarara!!
  • Fairy Tail
  • HunterxHunter
  • Naruto Naruto Shippuden

The last three are quite long but are excellent in my opinion.

• Brohoof 3

Just a few

- Gurren Lagann
- Dragon Ball series
- Yu Yu Hakusho
- G Gundam
- Fullmetal Alchemist
- Cowboy Bebop
- Outlaw Star
- Trigun
- Big O
- Digimon
- Yugioh

• Brohoof 2

Some of my favorite anime to watch are:

- Naruto/Naruto Shippuden
- My Hero Academia
- Lucky Star
- Death Note
- Pokemon
- Digimon
- Cardfight Vanguard
- Black Rock Shooter
- Sailor Moon
- Card Captor Sakura
- The Dragon Ball Series
- Nichijou
- Gurren Laggan
- Yu Yu Hakusho
- Love Live! School Idol Project
- Angel Beats
- Kill la Kill
- Amagami SS
- Madoka Magica 
- 3D Kanojo: Real Girl 

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, Venomous said:

Hello, @Barnstormer

Simply seeking out recommendations would be better done through a status update or perhaps a blog entry rather than its own topic. Instead of closing this thread, however, I have altered its title to give it more potential to commence an actual discussion.

I can give you some anime I really enjoyed and would advise

• Seraph of the End: Vampire Reign
  • Food Wars!
  • Durarara!!
  • Fairy Tail
  • HunterxHunter
  • Naruto Naruto Shippuden

The last three are quite long but are excellent in my opinion.

The last three are excellent in my opinion too. Shippuden's only arguable fumble to me was in parts of the Shinobi War arc, and even at its worst, I at least appreciated how it was consistent in trying to tell a good story. Hunter X Hunter is probably my top favorite and I'm also pleasantly surprised I'm not the only one who likes Seraph of the End. :mlp_icwudt:

50 minutes ago, This Whomps said:

Just a few

- Gurren Lagann
- Dragon Ball series
- Yu Yu Hakusho
- G Gundam
- Fullmetal Alchemist
- Cowboy Bebop
- Outlaw Star
- Trigun
- Big O
- Digimon
- Yugioh

Yaaaaay, you can never have too many fans of these. :mlp_yay: I also really enjoyed watching Cowboy Bebop and Trigun when I was younger. 

1 hour ago, Barnstormer said:

Looking for some new anime, what do y'all recommend based on the following list of stuff I've seen and liked?

FMA:Brotherhood, Magi, Black Butler, Soul Eater, My Hero Academia, One Punch Man, Hellsing Ultimate, Attack on Titan

Mine are Dragon ball (z super, heroes, etc), fist of the northstar, votoms, blue gender, hunter x hunter to name a few.

Anime is sorta dead to me as the year progressed but..

• Berserk 
  • One Punch Man
  • Mob Psycho 
  • Attack on Titan
  • Hunter x Hunter
  • Bleach
  • cyborg 009
  • Durarara!!
  • Hitman Reborn.
  • My Hero Academia ( I used to have zero interest after the mid of  second season,  feared that it will be Naruto all over again.  Till my friend urges me to continue because it’s gets better and so I did. He was right. 
  • Jojo’s bizarre Adventure ( I just recently finished or catch up with it and holy fuck, It’s so good. Why didn’t I pick it up sooner? So far my favorite is Golden Wind series.

Top three:

• Berserk
  • My hero academia
  • Jojo’s bizarre Adventure 
Edited by TBD
Adding anime

I've been out of the loo for a while, but here's the stuff I did like back when I was a more hardcore fan. 

• Strawberry Panic
  • Needless
  • Ronin Warriors/ Samurai Troopers
  • Kitty Grade
  • One Punch Man
  • Comic Party: Revolution
  • Karin
  • Monster Musume
  • Rosario Vampire
  • Bandit King Jing
  • Azumanga Daioh
  • Bobobo-bobobo
  • Kampfer
  • Bento!
  • Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...
(edited)

Here's another old school anime I adore.

Gunsmith Cats. After all these years, I still wish they would make more episodes. Only three were made. Rally Vincent is seriously cool! So is "Minnie" May Hopkins. Rally is a bounty hunter/gunsmith. She's an expert on any and all firearms. May is equally an expert on explosives. They make quite a team. I forgot how much I loved this title! 

rally.gif

Minnie-May-Hopkins-1423771579-106940.jpg

Edited by cuteycindyhoney

I used to hate anime.

No, i’m serious. 

I told myself that I would never watch anime. I didn’t like its influence on people, as I saw anime fans as awkward, weird, and antisocial. I never wanted to become that. 

That all changed when an exe friend of mine convinced me to watch Soul Eater. I was apprehensive at first but after watching only a few episodes, I was hooked. It was the first anime I watched to completion. 

Now, here I am, a woman obsessed.

My all-time favorite anime is Naruto/Naruto Shippuden. The series is over 700 episodes and I watched them all; including all of the filler episodes. (For those of you who don’t know, the series is renowned for having tons of filler episodes). The story kept me invested all the way through, the characters are all unique & memorable, there are moments for all to enjoy; action, comedy, etc., and the series has produced some excellent fighting games.

Here is a list of some of the anime I have seen and watched to completion (some being ongoing):

• Naruto
  • Naruto Shippuden
  • Soul Eater
  • Soul Eater Not!
  • Free!
  • Fullmetal Alchemist
  • Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood
  • Food Wars!: Shokugeki no Soma
  • Serpah of the End
  • My Hero Academia
  • Yu-Gi-Oh!
  • Fairy Tail
  • Durarara!!
  • Death Parade
  • HunterxHunter
  • The Devil is a Part-Timer!

I tend to be a fan of anime that are longer running. 

I uusually recommend shorter anime to those new to it because it will give them a decent taste of what they can expect if they continue watching.  

I try not to watch more than one anime at a time. If I do, I forget details and can’t remember things. I have to complete an anime before I go on to another.

Which anime do recommend?:

• My Hero Academia
  • Fairy Tail
  • Death Parade
  • The Devil is a Part-Timer!
  • Soul Eater

As for my anime husbandos... You know which is #1 :mlp_smug:

IMG_0227.JPGIMG_0230.JPGIMG_0224.JPGIMG_0347.JPGIMG_0261.JPG

• Brohoof 1

1 minute ago, Bakugou Is My Man <3 said:

I used to hate anime.

No, i’m serious. 

I told myself that I would never watch anime. I didn’t like its influence on people, as I saw anime fans as awkward, weird, and antisocial. I never wanted to become that. 

That all changed when an exe friend of mine convinced me to watch Soul Eater. I was apprehensive at first but after watching only a few episodes, I was hooked. It was the first anime I watched to completion. 

Now, here I am, a woman obsessed.

My all-time favorite anime is Naruto/Naruto Shippuden. The series is over 700 episodes and I watched them all; including all of the filler episodes. (For those of you who don’t know, the series is renowned for having tons of filler episodes). The story kept me invested all the way through, the characters are all unique & memorable, there are moments for all to enjoy; action, comedy, etc., and the series has produced some excellent fighting games.

Here is a list of some of the anime I have seen and watched to completion (some being ongoing):

• Naruto
  • Naruto Shippuden
  • Soul Eater
  • Soul Eater Not!
  • Free!
  • Fullmetal Alchemist
  • Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood
  • Food Wars!: Shokugeki no Soma
  • Serpah of the End
  • My Hero Academia
  • Yu-Gi-Oh!
  • Fairy Tail
  • Durarara!!
  • Death Parade
  • HunterxHunter

I tend to be a fan of anime that are longer running. 

I uusually recommend shorter anime to those new to it because it will give them a decent taste of what they can expect if they continue watching.  

I try not to watch more than one anime at a time. If I do, I forget details and can’t remember things. I have to complete an anime before I go on to another.

As for my anime husbandos... You know which is #1 :mlp_smug:

Reveal hidden contents

IMG_0227.JPGIMG_0230.JPGIMG_0224.JPGIMG_0347.JPGIMG_0485.JPGIMG_0261.JPG

Do you watch my hero academia? 

(edited)
Just now, Bakugou Is My Man <3 said:

@Blazelicious

Of course. I have seen every episode so far. I can’t wait until season 4 comes in October!

Someone will die. Don't read below

Spoiler

Censored will die. I ain't gonna tell

Edited by Blazelicious

1 minute ago, Bakugou Is My Man <3 said:

@Blazelicious

One of my friends reads the manga and he informed me with tons of spoilers. I am prepared!

Do you know the spoilers or are you aware of alot of spoilers? BTW the spoiler I wrote literally says "censored will die I ain't gonna tell"

Naruto is on my top list, no doubt. It's an amazing anime -- in spite of its fillers. And for the aforementioned, use the Wikis if you want to skip a non-mangaka storyline.

(edited)

A few of my favorites in no particular order are TTGL, Made in Abyss, BnHA, and pretty much everything to have ever come out of Studio Ghibli.

My favorite of 2019 so far is The Rising of the Shield Hero. I liked it so much that after the first three episodes I immediately sought out the web novel and binge read the whole thing over the course of a few days. Might even make a review for my neglected YouTube channel where I bloviate on various things. Considering that I'm not usually a fan of the whole Isekai thing, it's saying something.

Edited by Twiggy

Even if it’s trash, I liked B Gata H Kei a lot. Not top but it made me laugh.ToraDora is still up there. A Place Further than the Universe made me ugly cry. Sound Euponium was really good. After the Rain was fantastic. Finally, with just music that can make me cry, Anohana.

two more: KonoSuba. Sweetness and Lightning. ....Spicy wolf. I’ll stop. 

• Brohoof 1