Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Anypony here a fan of FNaF?

Nightfall Veilwing

It feels like the Five Nights at Freddy's franchise has been around for a long time now, but it'll be 5 years old this August.

For the past 4½ years, there's been 7 games, a lot of fan art, a lot of fan games, tons of merch, and seemingly endless theories.
Makes you wonder which fandom has more fan-made content, the FNaF or MLP fandom.
 :P

So, does anypony out there like FNaF? If so, which of the 7 games and many characters are your faves.
Me, IDK which game(s) are my fave, really. For the characters, my faves are Nightmare, Ennard, Springtrap, Bonnie, Toy Bonnie, Nightmare Bonnie, and Funtime Foxy/Mangle. Are they the same character or different? IDK!
:BornAgainBrony:

Also, do you have any of the books? I have all of them, but one's missing somewhere.
And I have all of the games, except for FNaF World. Did anyony like that one?
 :mlp_wat:

Exotic butters! :derp:

• Brohoof 1

I have never played any of the games but I have seen walkthroughs of all of them. It seems like a pretty good thriller but I feel like it would get boring after awhile. I actually got an autograph from one of the voice actors of the game whilst I was attending Anime Midwest in 2018.

• Brohoof 1

I haven't played any of the games, though I've seen walkthroughs and Let's Plays of all the games in the series. I'd consider myself a minor fan.

I like the game, the lore, and I also do buy some merch at HT when it was a thing. My favorite merch was this.  The only thing I do not like is the fandom itself and the nonsense troll from Scott.

21 hours ago, TwilySparky said:

Eh, wouldn't really say a fan, but it is an interesting series.

I'm more interested in the story than the games, personally. :mlp_please:

I remember when the theories explained the games as a story about murdered kids possessing the animatronics, but now it's more about William Afton and his dysfunctional family and them getting involved in his shenanigans.

• Brohoof 2

4 hours ago, TBD said:

I like the game, the lore, and I also do buy some merch at HT when it was a thing. My favorite merch was this.  The only thing I do not like is the fandom itself and the nonsense troll from Scott.

Nice. I never seen that FNaF shirt before. I'd definitely would buy and wear a shirt with Nightmare's stomach design on it. Oh, maybe one with Ennard's stomach design, too. Why not, right?

Also, we SHOULD get an authentic Freddy Fazbear's Pizza restaurant, along with arcade games, ball pits, crawling tubes, prize booths, etc. It would give ol' Chuck E.Cheese a run for his money. It would be AWESOME! :ticking:

The Toy animatronics could be serving the pizza and other stuff while the FNaF 1 animatronics would be on stage, and after they preform, Fredbear (Golden Freddy) and Spring Bonnie would preform. In October, though, the Phantom animatronics would be serving the pizza and food while the Nightmare animatronics perform, and Nightmare Fredbear and Springtrap would preform with Nightmare also performing. And on Halloween night, we'd get a special appearance the other Nightmares: Nightmare Mangle, Nightmare Balloon Boy, Jack-o-Bonnie, Jack-o-Chica, and Nightmarionne

That would be terrifying and awesome! We need a real Freddy Fazbear's Pizza!

• Brohoof 1

14 hours ago, Millennium Shadow said:

Nice. I never seen that FNaF shirt before. I'd definitely would buy and wear a shirt with Nightmare's stomach design on it. Oh, maybe one with Ennard's stomach design, too. Why not, right?

Also, we SHOULD get an authentic Freddy Fazbear's Pizza restaurant, along with arcade games, ball pits, crawling tubes, prize booths, etc. It would give ol' Chuck E.Cheese a run for his money. It would be AWESOME! :ticking:

The Toy animatronics could be serving the pizza and other stuff while the FNaF 1 animatronics would be on stage, and after they preform, Fredbear (Golden Freddy) and Spring Bonnie would preform. In October, though, the Phantom animatronics would be serving the pizza and food while the Nightmare animatronics perform, and Nightmare Fredbear and Springtrap would preform with Nightmare also performing. And on Halloween night, we'd get a special appearance the other Nightmares: Nightmare Mangle, Nightmare Balloon Boy, Jack-o-Bonnie, Jack-o-Chica, and Nightmarionne

That would be terrifying and awesome! We need a real Freddy Fazbear's Pizza!

It's funny though, because when I wore this shirt people actually thinks there's a such place. And they would asks me about it and I would play-along. Telling them about how working at the night shift is like hell. 

But I would want an actual Freddy Fazbear Pizzeria. If they are hiring I will be happy to work there..if they pay me in  a descent price. Agreed for the Halloween, they can make the place like FNAF 3, since for the scares attraction's purposes.  Man that would be so cool, Scott needs to promote it.  Say they haven't say anything yet about FNAF movie though...

15 hours ago, Millennium Shadow said:

I'm more interested in the story than the games, personally. :mlp_please:

I remember when the theories explained the games as a story about murdered kids possessing the animatronics, but now it's more about William Afton and his dysfunctional family and them getting involved in his shenanigans.

Yeh I thought so too, till things get complicated. Mainly ever since the FNAF SL. But it actually make the lore more better. I remember how there's a theories of SpringMichael vs SpringWill. 

• Brohoof 1

2 hours ago, TBD said:

It's funny though, because when I wore this shirt people actually thinks there's a such place. And they would asks me about it and I would play-along. Telling them about how working at the night shift is like hell. 

That's hilarious. :mlp_yay: All that's missing is an animatronic stalking you. :derp:

But I would want an actual Freddy Fazbear Pizzeria. If they are hiring I will be happy to work there..if they pay me in  a descent price. Agreed for the Halloween, they can make the place like FNAF 3, since for the scares attraction's purposes.  Man that would be so cool, Scott needs to promote it.  Say they haven't say anything yet about FNAF movie though...

It would be badass, wouldn't it?

I haven't heard anything about the movie, either. If I were to guess what the movie will be like, I can see it going 1 of 2 ways:
1. The movie will be in the novels' universe, and it'll either be what happens after The Fourth Closet or a movie version of the books themselves
2. The move will be in the games' universe, and it'll explain the story more, which would either debunk and/or confirm various theories that've been made over the years or both. Wonder how MatPat will handle the movie.

Yeh I thought so too, till things get complicated. Mainly ever since the FNAF SL. But it actually make the lore more better. I remember how there's a theories of SpringMichael vs SpringWill. 

Yeah, for a while, I was confused if William or Michael was Springtrap. But I think it's really Willaim that's Springtrap.

And I think Micheal is the real "Purple Guy" and William isn't. Why? Because in the FNaF 3 minigames and the Foxy Go! Go! Go! minigame from FNaF 2, the color purple represents shadows instead of black. Remember, Shadow Freddy and Shadow Bonnie were purple in the minigames, too. The only reason why Michael becomes purple is because his body is decaying.

Also, since his shirt was purple, was he shirtless in the cutscene where he vomits up Ennard, or was the shirt's color (may be or may not be) coincidentally the same?

• Brohoof 1

1. The movie will be in the novels' universe, and it'll either be what happens after The Fourth Closet or a movie version of the books themselves
2. The move will be in the games' universe, and it'll explain the story more, which would either debunk and/or confirm various theories that've been made over the years or both. Wonder how MatPat will handle the movie.

I was hoping they will go on with the game universe. Having a bunch of teens starring the movie, will be a bit childish and will turn FNAF like another gooesebump movie.  I rather have the main character starting  off working as the security guard and build the horror from that.  I hope the movie won't be just for kid's audiences or have any of the childish demeanor , since initially the game are for the older audience. It just happen so kids are hooked. Heck I'm like 28 and I like the game more than the book and I expect the movie should be enjoyed for all ages (mainly the older ones)

Yeah, for a while, I was confused if William or Michael was Springtrap. But I think it's really Willaim that's Springtrap.

And I think Micheal is the real "Purple Guy" and William isn't. Why? Because in the FNaF 3 minigames and the Foxy Go! Go! Go! minigame from FNaF 2, the color purple represents shadows instead of black. Remember, Shadow Freddy and Shadow Bonnie were purple in the minigames, too. The only reason why Michael becomes purple is because his body is decaying.

Also, since his shirt was purple, was he shirtless in the cutscene where he vomits up Ennard, or was the shirt's color (may be or may not be) coincidentally the same?

That's how I see it too. That the fact the purple guy is actually Michael. Michael do wear purple shirt as well and his skin is purple because of the decaying.  The only thing that bugs me is when people actually believes there's two purple guy. And that would be super hard to tell in a 8-bits format.  I think it would've made more sense if Michael is springtrap, since the first and second book heavily hinted that. But due to many fans refusing to accept such theory I feel Scott took a sharp turn and made William Springtrap instead. Which again does not make sense. Because we know the purple guy is springtrap, and yet here we have Michael as the purple. so yeah..fandoms can sometime screw the lore itself.

Edited by TBD

@TBD

5 hours ago, TBD said:

That's how I see it, too, the fact that Purple Guy is actually Michael. Michael does wear a purple shirt, as well, and his skin turned purple because of it decaying. The only this that bugs me is, when people actually believe there's 2 Purple Guys. That would be super hard to tell in an 8-bit format. I think it would've made more sense if Michael was Springtrap since the 1st and 2nd book heavily hinted that he was. But due to many fans' refusal to accept such a theory, I feel like Scott took a sharp turn and made William Springtrap instead, which, again, does not make sense because we know Purple Guy is Springtrap, and yet here we have Michael as Purple Guy. So, yeah...fandoms can sometimes screw the lore itself.

Have you noticed that the many theories made about the games seem like they could work, even if some others doesn't seem to fit perfectly?
I think it's possible there' no real clear answer to the game's story, and the games were designed to be interpreted in various ways, kinda like Mad Libs in video game form, if that make sense.

Do you think it's possible that Scott didn't actually think about the story of FNaF until it became popular? I mean, there was countless of theories, and many of them contradict each other.
In this case, I think it's very possible that Scott read/watched several theories and took inspiration from them. Also, in
this If [blank] was 100% Honest vid, "Scott" straight up said that MatPat wrote the story for him. Now, IK that was a joke, but, in a way, it kinda gives off the impression that the fans literally wrote the FNaF story for Scott, you know?

Edited by Millennium Shadow

18 hours ago, Millennium Shadow said:

In this case, I think it's very possible that Scott read/watched several theories and took inspiration from them. Also, in this If [blank] was 100% Honest vid, "Scott" straight up said that MatPat wrote the story for him. Now, IK that was a joke, but, in a way, it kinda gives off the impression that the fans literally wrote the FNaF story for Scott, you know?

I thought I was the only one thinking this.  Many other fans thought I was crazy by saying that Scott is letting his fans write the story for him. They would deny that it was all Scott idea and not because he was doing fan-service. Which he is. I found that pretty stupid of Scott, for letting some theorist dictate his story and the FNAF universe, which he owns. I don't know I hope the movie (if there is going to be one) will be completely uninfluenced by fans and only written by Scott himself. 

1 hour ago, TBD said:

I thought I was the only one thinking this. Many other fan thought I was crazy by saying that Scott was letting his fans write the story for him. They would deny that it was all Scott's idea and not because he was doing fan service, which he was.

The very first FNaF theory video made by MatPat explained how FNaF could've been based on a true story. In 1993, someone murdered several employees at a Chuck E. Cheese's due to being fired over a disagreement of his hours.
Now, if this is true, the Scott only thought more of the story once the game became popular.

I found that pretty stupid of Scott, letting some theorists dictate his story and the FNaF universe, which he owns.

Do you think it's possible that Scott was more worried about getting approval from the fans, rather than doing what he wanted to do?

I mean, there are quite a few things that I'm still confused about and I don't think was ever answered. For some examples:
1. Is Mangle male or female?
IK that none of the animatronics have a sex, but I'm talking about how they're being represented as, like how Freddy is male-oriented and Chica is female-oriented.

2. Is Mangle a "Toy Fox" or was it originally Funtime Foxy?
I don't think Scott ever confirmed who Mangle was originally. I mean, there's a lot of things that are never explained, and many theories are made to explain these things, but nothing's debunked nor confirmed.

3. Who caused The Bite of '87 and who was the victim?
I remember when everybody believed that the bite in the FNaF 4 cutscene was The Bite of '87, but it was shortly considered to be The Bite of '83 due to the TV in the house having the 1983 date on it. But I think it's now believed that Jeremy Fitzgerald was the victim of it, but we never got to know him. He kinda seemed like an innocent bystander that was just there to be the The Bite of '87 victim and nothing else. Also, we don't know who did the bite itself. It was believed to be Mangle, but nothing was confirmed.

I hope the movie (if there is going to be one) will be completely uninfluenced by fans and only written by Scott himself.

It's been 3 years since Scott announced the movie. I don't think we've received news about it in a while.
Let's hope the movie'll be what Scott wants and not what the fans want.

Hey, even though Scott said the books are a separate canon from the games, but since there's a lot of crossover occurring, do you think it's possible that the books are telling the story of the games just from a different perspective?

1 hour ago, Will Guide said:

I don't like how I share a name with a rumored killer in the series' lore. Choice of name better not be intentional.

I'm pretty sure it's coincidental. :P
I mean, me and Charles Manson share the same first name, and it's a coincidence that we have the same first name. :D

(edited)
3 hours ago, Millennium Shadow said:

Why's that? 

Because the game was very famous i guess, but i discovered that i don't like it

Edited by PaulBron

20 hours ago, Millennium Shadow said:

The very first FNaF theory video made by MatPat explained how FNaF could've been based on a true story. In 1993, someone murdered several employees at a Chuck E. Cheese's due to being fired over a disagreement of his hours.
Now, if this is true, the Scott only thought more of the story once the game became popular.

ah....funny that case is....since it happen at a state where I used to live.  There's always lots of shit going on with that city. If that what's inspired Scott. jeez Louise. 

ScottDo you think it's possible that Scott was more worried about getting approval from the fans, rather than doing what he wanted to do?

I mean, there are quite a few things that I'm still confused about and I don't think was ever answered. For some examples:
1. Is Mangle male or female?
IK that none of the animatronics have a sex, but I'm talking about how they're being represented as, like how Freddy is male-oriented and Chica is female-oriented.

2. Is Mangle a "Toy Fox" or was it originally Funtime Foxy?
I don't think Scott ever confirmed who Mangle was originally. I mean, there's a lot of things that are never explained, and many theories are made to explain these things, but nothing's debunked nor confirmed.

3. Who caused The Bite of '87 and who was the victim?
I remember when everybody believed that the bite in the FNaF 4 cutscene was The Bite of '87, but it was shortly considered to be The Bite of '83 due to the TV in the house having the 1983 date on it. But I think it's now believed that Jeremy Fitzgerald was the victim of it, but we never got to know him. He kinda seemed like an innocent bystander that was just there to be the The Bite of '87 victim and nothing else. Also, we don't know who did the bite itself. It was believed to be Mangle, but nothing was confirmed

What I can tell you is Scott is insecure and only cares what the fans wants and not what he initially is driving at when it comes to the lore. Remember that cutScene in SL when Michael was talking about finding his father? He got this automatic voice and with that showing springtrap appeared on the screen. Everyone panic because it was a confirmation that Michael is spring trap after all and not his father. A huge plot twist you might say. Everyone got upset and tries to denied because they hated when their theories is wrong.  A year later Scott then say in Reddit that the "automatic voice" was just an edit error.  That's bull.

I always thought the Mangle is a girl just by the appearances. I believe if Mangle was funtime foxy that would make sense in a timeline wise since FNAF 2 happen after FNAF 1 and SL. 

I thought Jeremey was killed during his night shift and got nothing to do with the bite 87. And the victim was one of the afton's. Or was FNAF 2 actually did took place during FNAF 4?

Hey, even though Scott said the books are a separate canon from the games, but since there's a lot of crossover occurring, do you think it's possible that the books are telling the story of the games just from a different perspective?

I actually used the book as like a backbone to help me understand the game's lore better. Since there's a lot of crossover mainly the crossover with SL. Remember how Dave have a automatic-like eyes and that fact he used fake blood to fake his death? Dave is practically a living zombie..you can't help it but to think it was Michael. Unfortunately, on the third book it was William even it really doesn't make sense "how" when the first two heavily hinted it's Michael.   But either way I hope the movie better be based on a completely different aspect.  Away from the book and the game itself. Because at this point, it's too heavily influenced by fans. 

@TBD

What I can tell you is, Scott is insecure and only cares what the fans want and not what he initially is driving at, when it comes to the lore. Remember that cutscene in SL where Michael was talking about finding his father? He had this automatic voice and with that showing Springtrap appeared on the screen. Everyone panicked because it was a confirmation that Michael is Springtrap after all and not his father. A huge plot twist, you might say. Everyone got upset and tried to deny because they hated when their theories is wrong.  A year later. Scott then say in Reddit that, the "automatic voice" was just an editing error. That's bull.

For as messy and inconclusive as the story is, you think Scott doesn't actually know what he's doing and just wants to keep the mystery going, rather than letting us have the answers so he can cover his ass? And at the end of the credits of FFPS, a message said, "This game is dedicated to the fans. It's been a pleasure making games for you!"
I still think Scott was just wanting the approval of the fans. Isn't that why he made FNaF in the first place? And if we're honest, the games as a whole are only famous for the jumpscares and were made popular by Let's Players. So, I think we were wearing rose-colored glasses the entire time. I think the only reason why we "liked" the games to begin with was because of the unfinished lore and unanswered questions. We all have a need to complete things so we can understand them. So, you could say Scott took advantage of this psychological need, and we all fell for it, hook, line, and sinker.

I always thought that Mangle was a girl just by the appearances. I believe if Mangle was Funtime Foxy, that would make sense in the timeline since FNaF2 happen after FNaF1 and SL.

Wait, FNaF2 is a prequel, right? I mean, I think the Withered Animatronics were the originals and were used for parts for the Toy Animatronics. Remember the FNaF3 cutscenes of Purple Guy disassembling the original animatronics? According to MatPat, he was taking their endoskeletons to melt them down to make remnant to put life into his Funtime Animatronics.

So either FNaF2 occurred before SL or occurred at the same time. I swear, the story cannot make up its mind of what it wants do to. :yeahno:

I thought Jeremy was killed during his night shift and had nothing to do with The Bite of '87, and the victim was one of the Afton's. Or was FNAF2 actually did took place during FNAF4?

Jeremy was attacked during his night shift. I don't think William was responsible for The Bite of '87. Remember, the souls that possessed the animatronics simply don't trust anybody that wore the security guard uniform since William had that position, so it would only make sense if they mistook anyone wearing said uniform for their killer. It was mistaken identity, here.

I actually used the book as like a backbone to help me understand the games' lore better. Since there's a lot of crossover, mainly with SL. Remember how Dave had automatic-like eyes and the fact he used fake blood to fake his death? Dave is practically a living zombie. You can't help it but to think it was Michael. Unfortunately, on the 3rd book, it was William. even it really didn't make sense how when the 1st 2 heavily hinted it was Michael. But either way, I hope the movie will be based on a completely different aspect, away from the books and the games themselves. Because at this point, it's too heavily influenced by fans.

I have the 3 books, but I haven't gotten around to reading them yet. I'll try to find an audio book of them. For as much crossover is going one between the books and games, is it save to say both are in the same canon instead of separate?

Also, do you remember Spingtraps jumpscares in FNaF3? They didn't appearing threatening at all, as if he was trying to scare us off, rather than trying to kill us. I mean, the other jumpscares are very in-your-face, but Springtrap's are more casual and like he's saying, "Yo, how's it going?"
So, I have to say that Springtrap is, in fact, Michael Afton, not Willaim Afton. The only reason why "Sping-Michael" is trying to scare us off is so he can burn down Fazbear's Fright and not let anybody get hurt. I think Michael is just trying to undo everything William has done. Does that make sense?

(edited)

@Millennium Shadow

Scott just likes to troll us that's why. Which is one thing I do not like about Scott. But if he can redeem himself by making a movie that actually make sense and filling the plot hole without trying to get the fans involve I would appreciated that. 

On 3/1/2019 at 2:19 PM, Millennium Shadow said:

So either FNaF2 occurred before SL or occurred at the same time. I swear, the story cannot make up its mind of what it wants do to. :yeahno:

Well now that I think about it Fnaf 2 did mentioned about the shop being close down due to a murder. But then how in the world can fanf 2 be before SL and fanf 1 if the automatic is already haunted? FNAF 2 has to happen after Sl, otherwise purple guy wouldn't never existed, thus the murder will never happen. The comes FNAF 1 after FNA2.  so here what I think of the timeline. FNAF 4, FNAF SL (remember when the computer mentioned about the last incident on the pervious restaurant? He was probably talking about the bite. FNAF 2, and FNAF 1. Then again FNAF 4 already have a purple guy working there...so...yeah I'm  lost in that part. So FNAF 4 happen before SL? SL is officially the origin of the purple guy.  If that makes sense overall? 

On 3/1/2019 at 2:19 PM, Millennium Shadow said:

@TBD

I have the 3 books, but I haven't gotten around to reading them yet. I'll try to find an audio book of them. For as much crossover is going one between the books and games, is it save to say both are in the same canon instead of separate?

Also, do you remember Spingtraps jumpscares in FNaF3? They didn't appearing threatening at all, as if he was trying to scare us off, rather than trying to kill us. I mean, the other jumpscares are very in-your-face, but Springtrap's are more casual and like he's saying, "Yo, how's it going?"
So, I have to say that Springtrap is, in fact, Michael Afton, not Willaim Afton. The only reason why "Sping-Michael" is trying to scare us off is so he can burn down Fazbear's Fright and not let anybody get hurt. I think Michael is just trying to undo everything William has done. Does that make sense?

Good to see someone who actually also think Michael is Springtrap. Everyone was bashing out that Michael cannot be springtrap due to the fact they only want William to take all the credit of being the role of purple guy and springtrap. When he is neither one of them. He is just a typical corrupted business man that actually couldn't care less about his own son, Michael. Michael is just happen to be the collateral damage from William's bad deed. 

you haven't read the book? whew I was about to spoil it for you. but you might be disappointed.. just as I have.

Edited by TBD

7 minutes ago, TBD said:

Scott likes to troll us that way, which is one thing I do not like about him. But if he can redeem himself by making a movie that actually makes sense and filling the plot holes without trying to get the fans involved, I would appreciate that.

If Scott really wants to make amends for baiting and trolling all of us for 4 years, he'll give us all of the answers, every single detail, including a timeline that makes sense, and no more cop-outs or baiting the fans. :unamused:

7 minutes ago, TBD said:

Well, now, that I think about it, FNaF2 did mention something about the shop being closed down due to a murder. But then how in the world can FNaF2 be before SL and FNaF1 if the anamatronics are already haunted? FNaF2 has to happen after SL, otherwise Purple Guy wouldn't have existed, thus, the murder will never happen. So, here's what I think of the timeline: FNaF4, SL (Remember when the computer mentioned the last incident of the previous restaurant? He was probably talking about The Bite), FNaF2, and FNaF1. Then again, FNaF4 already has a Purple Guy working there... So, yeah, I'm lost at the part. So, FNaF4 happened before SL? SL is officially the origin of the Purple Guy, if that makes sense overall.

See what I mean? The timeline is literally so tangled that it would make Ennard jealous. :derp:
Remember when we all thought that the FNaF4 cutsense depicted The Bite of '87 but then was shortly after dubbed The Bite of '83 when "1983" was shown on the TV in the house?

I also remember when the green-eyed girl with we saw was theorized to be the same girl that becomes Baby due to their similar appearances.

7 minutes ago, TBD said:

Good too see someone who also thinks Michael is Springtrap. Everyone was bashing out that Michael couldn't be Springtrap due to the fact they only want William to take all the credit of the role of being the Purple Guy and Springtrap, when he is neither one of them, he was just a typical corrupted business man that couldn't care less about his own son, Michael.

I always believed that Michael was Springtrap; it just made more sense to me. Also, in FNaF3, I thought it was cute the way Springtrap was peeking into your office. He looked so shy. :wub:

7 minutes ago, TBD said:

You haven't read the book? Whew, I was about to spoil it for you, but you might be disappointed, just as I have.

Oh, I'll get to them. And I don't mind the spoilers. I mean, MatPat kinda did provided some spoilers for the books, anyways, so... :please:
Why were you disappointed? :mlp_wat:

Hey, we talk about FNaF theories and junk in messages, if you like. :)

16 hours ago, Millennium Shadow said:

Hey, we talk about FNaF theories and junk in messages, if you like. :)

sounds like a good idea.