Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

If you could write a letter to your favorite pony?

Iris Flower

Just like Twilight Sparkle writing letters to Celesita, you get to write a letter to your favorite pony in the MLP:FiM universe. Got multiple favorite ponies? Or maybe no ponies but a certain non-pony character? No problem! You get to write a letter to them too. Here in this thread, you can write any length of letter you want to your special pony/character and pour your heart out as to how awesome and influential they are to you. Just be sure to keep things appropriate and on topic to the forums.

Alrighty, I'll start with my own letter to my favorite pony.

hand-writing-close-up-animated-gif.gif

Dear Fluttershy,

Good evening! My name is Iris. I'm writing to you today to tell you some important things. Don't be alarmed! The things I'm going to tell you are not bad news. What I'm telling you in this single letter is... how much I love and admire you. You are a very special pony and you don't even know it. I know this is very forward to say these things but It's the absolute truth. There is no other pony like you in this world. You are so caring and kind to everything around you. So much so that you literally carry the element of kindness within you. You have banished evil, tamed beasts, and made unexpected friends with the kindness in your heart all over Equestria. I have seen you do it all and more. Yet... you still seem to miss some of that. It's ok, I know your struggles with anxiety and quietness. I am the same way with many things. I know what it's like to have a past with anxiety and bullying... but you wanna know something? WE SURVIVED. Did we ultimately give up on life because of what some fillies and colts said? No! Did we completely close ourselves from others and never improve? No! Did we let the world burn because we had a bad past??? NO WE DIDN'T!!! You and I worked extremely hard to improve ourselves and guess what? We did it. That's why I love you so much Fluttershy. Despite everything that has happened to you, you remained kind. You remained to be yourself. To end off this letter to you, I just want to thank you for everything. Especially for bringing me happiness during those hard years of high school. Thank you so much for being who you are. 

With lots of love,

Iris Flower

• Brohoof 2

Dear Chrysalis,

I have always rooted for you from the sidelines, I see the lies of Equestria and the starving children you have. I always wanted you to take over everything and make them pay for their treatment of your changelings, is there any chance I can join up with you in taking over Equestria?

• Brohoof 1

Dear High King Sombra,

Writing to you as a fan is quite the quandary; you know? I mean considering my ideals and beliefs I should abhor, despise, and outright fight against you...but deep down, I can't. The truth is that you're a VERY interesting character. You know why?

You're intelligent. You don't just blindly run into battle against your enemies; you wait, seek out weaknesses, and take advantage of them. Otherwise; you wait in the shadows till your prey comes to you. In a villain I find that to be an attractive quality; if you will. Commonly others will see you as the boring villain who did nothing on his debut, but by doing 'nothing,' you actually did quite a lot.

From an appreciate fan,
-PathfinderCS

• Brohoof 3

I would write a letter to Sunset--or an email in her case since she is a human--asking her if she wanted to discuss aspects of her past that continue to haunt her. I'm not sure if I would get a reasonable answer seeing as I would be tip-toeing on something personal, but I'm willing to try in hopes of seeing if she could open up and maybe shed some light on something that to me feels like there's more waiting to be told.

• Brohoof 1

My little loli,

Enclosed to this letter you shall find all episode summaries along with everything that I know about your world and its caretakers. Take the power they so foolishly unleashed and help me end this friendship farce once and for all.

Love, your mysterious pen pal.

(edited)

I'd write a letter to Sunset, encouraging her to not give up when things seem bleak and that things will always be alright in the end. I have dysgraphia, which would make the letter difficult to write, but it would be worth it in the end. I wouldn't disclose my name or details, as there is really no need for it.

Edited by Cash In

• 1 year later...

To the Mane Six, from Tom Gallagher. (That's my real name)

I've been there watching what all of you have done, just like many, many others. But I am very proud to say that I'm not just a fan of all of you. You saved my life last year. I don't want to scare any of you by going into the details of it. Let's just say that in a very last-minute moment of need, you all stopped me from doing something terrible. I really hope that all of you still manage to take the time to see each other, I understand it must be difficult with Twilight now being ruler. (Congrats, by the way!)

All the things you've done together, the lives you have saved, the evil you've defeated, the adventures you've been on, the miracles that have happened with the Magic of Friendship. All of that has resonated with me and I think about it everyday. If any of you manage to receive this letter, I want to say that if any of you want to see me, I will always be here. No matter what happens, I want to be there for all of you as all of you were there for me. Hopefully, you found this in the letterbox outside Sugarcube Corner. (I knew there was one because Pinkie looks in there a lot)

One more time, to @Fluttershy, @Applejack, @Twilight Sparkle, @Pinkie Pie, @Rarity and @Rainbow Dash. I love you all so much. I wish I can go through all of you individually but I'm nearly out of parchment. I hope that you get this message and know that I am ready to see all of you for real. I love you, everypony. Goodbye and stay together.

I've always wanted to write something purposeful to Twilight... for all my life i've had difficulty really making friends. She was always unwilling, but I've always felt unable. Like I'm uncomfortable opening too much to other and doing things outside of the standard setting I see people in reguarly. (school, work, etc) She would be able to know what's wrong.