Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Clothes not changed since the 90's

heavens-champion

Uh, not really. Things have changed especially in hairstyles (even though those aren't clothes obviously)

Most people like me just like to wear simple clothes.

• Brohoof 1

I'd argue not much has changed since the 80s. That's kind of when things like jeans, t-shirts, cargo pants, denim & leather jackets and hoodies became commonplace. A noticeable shift towards clothing that not only looked good and was worn by cool people like movie stars and musicians, but was also very practical. 

• Brohoof 1

Mainstream fashion has reached a peak balance between aesthetics and practicality. Think the only way things are going to change from here on out is via technological advancement; ie clothes that can be adapted to the weather. 

Edited by n1029

I think a lot has changed. Like the others said minimalist/simple clothes are really popular nowadays because it's both stylistic and practical. This goes far as even hairstyles if we're talking about all fashion. A lot of people my age really like hairbuns because of their looks and usefulness, for example. 

I personally am not crazy over fashion nowadays (especially hairstyles, i dont like hairbuns much haha), but most of 90s fashion was tacky as well. A lot of old fashion is tacky even, there's a reason fashion trends now have lasted longer than most. So I just wear the things I like. 

• Brohoof 2

Nah the fashions definitely changed, you go from jean to legging, from fashion to no original idea. 

Edited by TBD

Actually, it has, and quite noticeably. Grunge, hip-hop, and skater culture have led to trends like flannel shirts, bomber jackets, baggier, acid-washed jeans, and sportswear as fashion. Nowadays, male and female clothing has gotten more unisex, and millennials instead of Gen X's hold more influence in fashion trends. Hipster and geek fashion are a lot more common and is beginning to define the stereotypical millennial appearance. 

Fashions seem to have a 30 year rotation. Every 30 years or so the old styles come back (maybe with a few tweaks) and then the cycle continues. I'm still waiting for bellbottoms to return though. 

• 1 month later...

Disclosure, I was not alive in the 90s, I am saying from what my parents have told me, since they were around my age in the 90s, so if you grew up in the 90s, please correct me, thanks!

Well, not that much, 

LaCosse, and other such brands are still what I'd say are somewhat fashionable, (but when it comes to runway fashion, now it's wearing black bin bags)!

And I see lots of women wearing ripped jeans, etc.

Overall I wear very similar clothes to what my dad would have worn in the early-mid 90s, and most people wear pretty much the exact clothes that were fashionable then.

• 7 months later...
  • 2 years later...