15 users have voted

1. 1. What did you think?

• Hated it
    • Not a fan
    • It was okay
    • Liked it
    • Loved it

18 minutes ago, Goat-kun said:

I can't stand melted ice cream. It's the one thing that triggers me more than soy-flavored opinions. This gooey travesty and Pinkie being annoying have taken me to a very dark place.

Hey, don't be such a hater to this loveable pink pony!

• Brohoof 1

The more shorts I see, the less faith I have in the current writers to make a good final season. 

We finally get an appearance from Minty, but she's just a recolor of Applejack, and she doesn't even get any lines. What a waste. 

• Brohoof 2

Nice seeing Cranky and a bunch of classic background ponies (and a couple of new ones). As much as I don't like ice cream I admire Pinkie's enthusiasm about it.

Minty had no lines. It seems she's just an easter egg from the animators, but still good to see her.

People are worried that the ice cream thing is Pinkie hyping ponies for something and then they end up disappointed as a reference to season 9 being overhyped

And people thought I overthink too much! XD

Edited by FlareGun45

1 hour ago, VG_Addict said:

We finally get an appearance from Minty, but she's just a recolor of Applejack, and she doesn't even get any lines. What a waste. 

I think Minty was meant to be an Easter egg. Abogado her being an AJ recolor, remember FIM had toys of tons of ponies and not limited exclusively to Mane 6, princesses, and the cuties. In fact, there’s a list of toyline exclusive ponies (Minty among them, until today)  who are in the official merchandise, but not in-show. Most of these horses are recolors of the Mane 6, not just Minty, as you can see here.

150?cb=20140718183321

mlp-pony-collection-set-sweetsong-card.j

Even Mane 6 themselves nor background ponies weren’t safe from that  :dash:

This one's dull. It's just one extremely obvious joke. I'd say Starlight the Hypnotist is worse since that one was slightly annoying while this is just boring, but not even the best of these FiM shorts have been good.

• Brohoof 1

All of these shorts were a bit exaggerating about the mane 6's personalities, but this one is about Pinkie who's already got an exaggerated personality to begin with...

Anyway, the short was entertaining but really dumb with the 'joke' smashing on your face from the very start.

I think my rate would go...

1. Ail-corn.

2. Triple Pony Dare Ya.

3. Rarity's Biggest Fan.

4. Starlight the Hypnotist.

5. Teacher of the Month.

6. Sundae, Sundae, Sundae.

These were all entertaining to me, but still below average pony content. I think that, should these had become full episodes instead of shorts, I would have gotten bored before 7 minutes (except maybe Ail-corn).

• Brohoof 1

This got really boring after the first minute, it just wasn’t a joke worth dragging out so long. That’s actually an impressive bit of bad writing to make a three minute short feel too long.

Edited by ShootingStar159
  • Brohoof 3

Eh, it's whatever. I personally feel that any episode or short that Pinkie is in suffers since Pinkie Pie in my opinion has just become more degrading to my senses over the span of the shows lifetime.

I do agree with the others though, I don't know they can stretch a five second joke out into three minutes. Pretty impressive.

• Brohoof 2

2 hours ago, TwilySparky said:

Eh, it's whatever. I personally feel that any episode or short that Pinkie is in suffers since Pinkie Pie in my opinion has just become more degrading to my senses over the span of the shows lifetime.

I do agree with the others though, I don't know they can stretch a five second joke out into three minutes. Pretty impressive.

God, I hope that doesn't mean she should be thrown out of the show after 8 seasons!

Simple, but cute.  I mean, really basic and not very interesting or imaginative, but I dunno--sometimes I don't mind something like this if it's cute.  What the hey?  Kinda takes me back to the ol' days of Look Before You Sleep.  A quaint look back a kinder, gentler FIM.

Spoiler

But if this is the kind of writing we can look forward to in S9, then we're in trouble.

And that pony who started to ask "What could top that?", omg, her voice!  She was hilarious!  :laugh:  Is it just me, or do, like, a lot of the background townsponies sound really, well, derpy:muffins:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...