Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Season 9 and Spoilers

Jeric

SEASON 9 SPOILER FORUM IS HERE*

*DON'T HEAD THERE UNLESS YOU WANT SPOILERS IN TITLES

tenor.gif?itemid=5501627

Okay, time for that talk again, but this time we have the solution we discussed back in Season 8. Effective immediately all spoiler discussion for season 9 and unreleased spoiler information needs to go here in the spoiler forum. What is a spoiler? Well, how we treat spoilers is that anything that is confirmed to happen, or directly derived from confirmed details, is a spoiler until the spoiler material has aired and been out in the US and Canada for two weeks

No, general speculation is not a spoiler. So if you want to see Cheese Sandwich return in Season 9, you can post that in Show Discussion NOT Season 9 Spoilers. Now, there is some common sense you have to apply here. If I create that same Cheese Sandwich thread, and two days later an episode synopsis confirms that he is in an episode, we are going to allow someone to reply to the above topic, but they had best be using spoiler tags. Ultimately what we want to avoid is loading the Show Discussion topic up with confirmed spoilers turning it into a land mine and having people not knowing if they can and can't click on something. We have even put a reminder to NOT post Season 9 topics that have spoiler information when creating a new topic in Show Discussion. No excuse guys. Last season a few people did it several times in a row even after we asked them not to. This time, I'm going to flat out tell you that creating a Season 9 topic that with a spoiler title will ensure that you will lose the ability to post new topics in Show Discussion. This is the last season and it is going to be emotional for some of us. 

So

1) NO SPOILERS IN SHOW DISCUSSION UNTIL TWO WEEKS AFTER US AIRING OF AN EPISODE. 

2) IN SOME CASES YOU CAN POST A SPOILER IN SPOILER TAGS AS A REPLY (THOUGH YOU DON'T REALLY NEED TO)

3) SERIOUSLY BE COOL GUYS. HAVING THE SHINY NEW TOPIC ON A PONY BOARD BECAUSE YOU COULDN'T WAIT ISN'T WORTH THE IRE OF PEOPLE. 

• Brohoof 7

• The topic was featured
6 hours ago, Jeric said:

No. Not unless I want them to. 

What about as the thread names of most recent posts in that board? I can see one without going to the board, and I just know that it's possible that something just gets put out there.

On 2/28/2019 at 12:09 AM, Toastypk said:

What about as the thread names of most recent posts in that board? I can see one without going to the board, and I just know that it's possible that something just gets put out there.

I’m looking into hiding those, however like Debate and Life Advice I don’t believe there is a way to do it within the settings they give us. That said, I may be able to rig something in the theme code that excludes those topics from showing up on the main page. 

Absent that, I may be able to make an opt-in group that would show that entire forum. By default it would hide it from anyone who doesn’t want to see the forum and the posts bits it’s an all-or-nothing scenario. 

30 minutes ago, Matraxial Artemi said:

Here comes the season 9, Do you ya'll think that chrysalis will be in that season?

I hope so

• Brohoof 1

2 hours ago, Matraxial Artemi said:

Here comes the season 9, Do you ya'll think that chrysalis will be in that season?

She has to,that’s one loose end they can’t leave around :huh:

• Brohoof 1

• This topic was unfeatured and locked