Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The Tree of Harmony and Elements

Jeric

So the trailer shows what appears to be Sombra's dark crystal magic shattering the Tree and the Elements. Later you see a scene with him facing the Mane Six while they initiate a Friendship Blast of some sort. They are not wearing the elements. This brings up a few interesting questions. Will Season 9 reveal that the Elements are no longer needed? Is what we are seeing in that one shot something that will lead to an epic fail? It's interesting because the Nightmare Rarity arc did touch on the fact that the EoH may not be needed in ever instance. Thoughts and speculation?

• Brohoof 1

Well it's could be gone like,haha tree is gone,  jokes on you. Or they could somehow reform the tree in it's new form. I think that would be predictable if they did the second thing.

• Brohoof 1

11 minutes ago, R.D.Dash said:

Well it's could be gone like,haha tree is gone,  jokes on you. Or they could somehow reform the tree in it's new form. I think that would be predictable if they did the second thing.

Don't disrespect the tree. It can trap you in your fears until you take a good look at yourself. :P

• Brohoof 3

Lorecraftian Theory: one can only shatter the physical shells representing the Elements and ToH when on the mortal plane. To destroy them one must face their true form within the dreamscape. The chosen receptacles can be used to channel magic of Harmony as long as they remain within her reach.

What will actually happen: They don't need the Elements cause they are the Elements. They only need to believe in themselves :bea:

• Brohoof 2

On 2/28/2019 at 12:50 PM, FlareGun45 said:

Maybe that's how they bring Scorpan into the season, so he can restore the tree!

Well worse comes to worse the Six Pillars could always do it again. It’s not like it look a thousand years to grow since Luna and Tia were beaters over a 1000 years prior. 

• Brohoof 3

On 2/27/2019 at 6:13 PM, Jeric said:

So the trailer shows what appears to be Sombra's dark crystal magic shattering the Tree and the Elements. Later you see a scene with him facing the Mane Six while they initiate a Friendship Blast of some sort. They are not wearing the elements. This brings up a few interesting questions. Will Season 9 reveal that the Elements are no longer needed? Is what we are seeing in that one shot something that will lead to an epic fail? It's interesting because the Nightmare Rarity arc did touch on the fact that the EoH may not be needed in ever instance. Thoughts and speculation?

I noticed in that scene that Twilight was in her ascended mode cause her hair was wavy. Maybe she has new power to access the power of the elements in each of the mane 6. 

3 hours ago, Twilight Luna said:

I noticed in that scene that Twilight was in her ascended mode cause her hair was wavy. Maybe she has new power to access the power of the elements in each of the mane 6. 

I also noticed the Tree’s Twilight apparition was powering-up the Young Six. Seems like the tree survived

• Brohoof 2