Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Season 9 Teaser

CastletonSnob

• The title was changed to Season 9 Trailer
1 minute ago, Will Guide said:

Nice Game of Thrones style fake-out!

Yeah. Funny thing is that they did this before too. 

Though it was admittedly cooler

• Brohoof 3

4 minutes ago, Jeric said:

Yeah. Funny thing is that they did this before too. 

Though it was admittedly cooler

Likely due to legal issues, the show runners couldn't do the fanmade Season 6 way

Holy shoot, I legitimately thought that to be a fanmade trailer until after the fakeout with Spike. Good to know that they're in touch with their audience, and YES KING SOMBRA IS BACK THIS IS THE BEST DAY OF MY BRONY LIFE! :love:

• Brohoof 3

3 hours ago, Will Guide said:

Likely due to legal issues, the show runners couldn't do the fanmade Season 6 way

That's not fanmade. 

1 hour ago, ShootingStar159 said:

And it looks like Glimmy is getting sidelined... again. Why can’t the writers ever manage a happy middle ground with her and the rest of the main six?

She could play the role as the first victim. Considering that she is up in center when they are all freed from control and not in the background could show she is "leading" the mob. The first victim usually has reason for being first and usually is granted a slight power advantage by the main baddie. I have a feeling she plays a bigger role than being shoved off-screen by Sombra, maybe even screen time as a brainwashed slave executing the plans.

Albeit if I completely missed your entire point being that she's overpowered in the first place and doesn't get to save the day, then I unfortunately can't reassure you there.

• Brohoof 2

Even though it was just a teaser, I'm already excited for what this season will bring to the table. It also seems that a certain villain will be returning, which has definitley piqued my curiosity.

• Brohoof 3

11 hours ago, ShootingStar159 said:

And it looks like Glimmy is getting sidelined... again. Why can’t the writers ever manage a happy middle ground with her and the rest of the main six?

How do you know she was sidelined? The trailer only showed 5 or 6 scenes! And Mike Vogel said we have no idea what's about to go down! The trailer's missin' alot!

I just found the trailer here https://www.equestriadaily.com/2019/02/my-little-pony-friendship-is-magic.html The last season looks very exciting which is exactly what I was hoping for! Especially when the tree gets destroyed and this image 1649609598_ScreenShot2019-02-28at2_57_58PM.png.ee1cfc1807417c5b14544e2b59be5b61.png  

It looks like the Mane 6 may have to find a way to defeat Sombra without the elements and I like how all the Mane 6 have glowing white eyes in the image because they haven't done that with the animation of the magic in a while. It definitely looks like season 9 has great attention to animation detail. I wonder if Cystalis  is helping Sombra. I feel sad for the tree as it appeared to be aware last season. Maybe Twilight's castle becomes a replacement version of the tree of harmony since the castle is grown from the tree of harmony. 

• Brohoof 4

My only concern isn't Sombra being defeated in that shot, but him being defeated in an original way. After all, it is the final season, Sombra obviously now has immunity to what "killed" him in the first place, and if he's already been turned into a shadow and come back after being blown to bits, surely whatever power the Mane 6 use against him is going to have to think of something new. :mlp_huh: The odds of a retread may not be likely, but with this being King freaking Sombra, I just rrrrreeeeeaaaaalllllyyyyy don't want this to go south in any way. I know, anyone can tell. I'm very nervouscited. :pinkie:

• Brohoof 2

The show creators are clearly fans of game of thrones, so it's still puzzling for me why they don't kill off somepony on the weekly basis.

• Brohoof 2

On 3/4/2019 at 9:50 PM, R.D.Dash said:

The show creators are clearly fans of game of thrones, so it's still puzzling for me why they don't kill off somepony on the weekly basis.

The reason they don't is because Hasbro is a toy company and probably doesn't want to sell toys of dead characters LOL. 

• Brohoof 2

I just found this new MLP trailer for season 9!!!!! 

The show returns on April 6th 2019 2092511408_ScreenShot2019-03-08at3_35_22PM.png.796ca0272222798b8bd7c710f4a1d44e.png

SPOILER ALERT! It appears Twilight and her friends will officially succeed Celestia and Luna and in turn groom the students to succeed them in royal leadership in the future. My guess is that when Celestia and Luna retire, a lack of their magic allows King Sombra to return. The music in this trailer made me literally cry!  

On a personal note, I empathize with Twilight, as I get older others look to me for leadership and advice, they trust my decisions and experience in a very deep way, and I do not want to let them down or make things worse and I still need a TON of help from my friends because I can not do it alone. 

• Brohoof 1

4 hours ago, StitchandMLPlover said:

I just found this new MLP trailer for season 9!!!!! 

The show returns on April 6th 2019 2092511408_ScreenShot2019-03-08at3_35_22PM.png.796ca0272222798b8bd7c710f4a1d44e.png

SPOILER ALERT! It appears Twilight and her friends will officially succeed Celestia and Luna and in turn groom the students to succeed them in royal leadership in the future. My guess is that when Celestia and Luna retire, a lack of their magic allows King Sombra to return. The music in this trailer made me literally cry!  

On a personal note, I empathize with Twilight, as I get older others look to me for leadership and advice, they trust my decisions and experience in a very deep way, and I do not want to let them down or make things worse and I still need a TON of help from my friends because I can not do it alone. 

I doubt Celestia and Luna would be able to stay in retirement once they learn that Sombra is trying to take over not just the Crystal Empire again, but all of Equestria as well. Remember the alternate future where Celestia was at war with him?

• Brohoof 3

4 hours ago, Sonic5421 said:

I doubt Celestia and Luna would be able to stay in retirement once they learn that Sombra is trying to take over not just the Crystal Empire again, but all of Equestria as well. Remember the alternate future where Celestia was at war with him?

That was my thought too. The season 9 opener looks exactly like the time travel war scene in season 5! Also who the heck is/was going to raise the sun and moon without the royal sisters? Twilight? 

12 hours ago, StitchandMLPlover said:

The music in this trailer made me literally cry!  

Same. Never knew how much of a punch the theme lyrics could hold until the context was changed. 

• Brohoof 1

8 hours ago, StitchandMLPlover said:

That was my thought too. The season 9 opener looks exactly like the time travel war scene in season 5! Also who the heck is/was going to raise the sun and moon without the royal sisters? Twilight? 

Remember there was a time when Celestia and Luna didn't raise the Sun and Moon. This means Celestia and Luna don't have to do the job for all of eternity if they can find the proper successors.

On 3/9/2019 at 1:20 AM, StitchandMLPlover said:

That makes a good point. I'm guessing the Royal Sisters are only retiring so that, with them no longer bound by their royal duties, and making them no longer high value targets like before, they can deal with the villains without restraint should the need arise and their help is needed again.