Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general Air Travel, yes or No?

Narcissus

I've air traveled before (not as a pilot, however) so yes. Road trips wouldn't do well for me because, as I live in an island surrounded by water, the only way to get to the mainland US, and even Europe, would be by plane.

I have travelled by plane total 8 times in my years and I think that have been enough for the rest of my life. First couple times were exciting experiences -especially taking off and landing - but more I got used to flying, more trivial it started to feel. To be honest, airplanes are just flying versions of crowded tourist busses. Can't say that I would really enjoy flying too much. Seats are often trash, most of the time all there's to watch is just plain field of clouds down bellow, air pressure and canned, recycled air gives you headaches... list goes on and on :scoots:

Plus, pollution caused by air traveling is something I really don't wan't to be part of. I if want to travel abroad in the future, I'm more than happy to hop on a train. Flying is fast, but it has way too many downsides. I'm happy that I don't have any far-away relatives and that I don't have to do any long distance business trips in my job.

Edited by Divine plywood

Air travel. Anything longer than a day is a chore to get through, especially if you're part of a group, and further compounded if you're on a time crunch. There be lots of frayed ends and sleep deprivation by journeys end. 

Fork over the cash and by a plane ticket if the trip is longer than 12 hours. 

The only positives are the sight seeing and having enough time to chill and watch a show or good movie. What I did during my pilgrimage to my first Bronycon. It was half the fun. Almost like a spiritual journey into the fandom. 

But time is money and a 2-3 hour plane ride is more efficient than a near 12 hour long car trip. 

• 2 weeks later...

I really love traveling by air! I travel by plane quite often and I've barely had any problems (except one emergency landing that led to a 6 hour delay).

Watching out of the window and enjoying the beautiful scenery is just so relaxing! I can't wait to fly again!

• Brohoof 2

I love traveling by plane. Admittedly, it's been a few years though since I last traveled. But the things I like about it are silly little things. For example seeing what radio stations they have to listen to or seeing what they're showing in terms of movies. I remember constantly watching Lilo and Stitch for an entire plane journey. I also like the chaos of the other passengers. The noise and chatter.

The only things I don't like is the airline food (mostly because I'm a picky eater) and returning home. Everytime I've arrived back in the UK either by boat or plane, there is always this lingering and uncomfortable gloom in the air.

Also. Never travel by catapult or trebuchet.

Traveling by car is my choice, because I rarely plan exact routes and can be spontaneous if I want to stop to look at places. Plane, as there is no other way to cross the Atlantic. Then I rent a car and travel as I love:) When I need some info on car rentals/hotel/flights, I I always use the internet.

Nope nope nope nope nope. My acrophobia would act up like crazy if I traveled by plane. The idea of going up anywhere near as high as planes do freaks me out. I’ve only been on like two planes ones that were small and didn’t go up as far as the planes people travel in do. I didn’t like either cases and was nearly nauseous from it. I know I’m in a secure vehicle and all but the thought that I’m so high up would get to me. At least going up to high heights on a roller coaster is something that ends eventually or going up to like the tower at kings island or anything like that you can get down whenever you want. In a plane you’re stuck thousands and thousands of feet in the air for hours.  Not something I want to experience. 

I've never ridden in a plane, but oh do I ever want to. :love: When I was a little kid I had this dream of becoming a fighter pilot... I'd still like to learn to fly someday, but not as a fighter pilot :laugh: Just someone who flies planes for fun...I'll have to look into that. :dash:

Haven't gone on a plane since 2008. So, honestly if I were to go on another one, I don't think it would matter too much to me.

I enjoying flying. It's an experience quite unlike any other for me. I know that a lot of people like to complain about air travel and how it's too bogged down with regulations, long wait times, crowded aircraft, noisy passengers, uncomfortable seats, dirty toilets, bad food, etc. None of that ever bothers me. The worst I get is if it's a really long flight and I start to get a bit cramped. Other than that, I'm quite happy to just sit back and enjoy the sensation of traveling close to the heavens. There are not many opportunities in life to see the world from above. ^_^

It could do with being a bit cheaper, though. Flying to the U.S. is expensive. :sealed: