• No, I hated it! >:(
    • I didn't like it.
    • Meh, it was okay.
    • I liked it!
    • I LOVED IT! <3

Title: Best in Show: The Pre-Show

Air Date: March 01, 2019

Written by: Gillian M. Berrow

Synopsis: Fluttershy and Applejack are commentators at the prestigious Canterlot High Pet Show and host a behind-the-scenes preshow. 

• Brohoof 2

A nice and cute short.

I liked AJ trying to help Fluttershy open up and Fluttershy finally getting comfortable when interacting with the pets.

I liked all the pets and owners shown, all but one... I'm sorry, but I can't take stuffed Gummy seriously in this sort of work. I'm starting to think that Pinkie Pie has some serious mental issues and everyone else just humors her to avoid any risky situation.

Major recognition to Trixie and Bulk Biceps as the best owners (with the best new pets).

Also... does Apple Bloom looks older in this one? I got that feeling when I saw her.

18 minutes ago, DonMaguz said:

I liked all the pets and owners shown, all but one... I'm sorry, but I can't take stuffed Gummy seriously in this sort of work. I'm starting to think that Pinkie Pie has some serious mental issues and everyone else just humors her to avoid any risky situation.

I think she’s just goofing around because she wants to feel included. I’d like to see her get an actual pet, though. 

(edited)
7 hours ago, DonMaguz said:

A nice and cute short.

I liked AJ trying to help Fluttershy open up and Fluttershy finally getting comfortable when interacting with the pets.

Major recognition to Trixie and Bulk Biceps as the best owners (with the best new pets).

Also... does Apple Bloom looks older in this one? I got that feeling when I saw her.

Laying aside a certain sad fic i regret stumbling across (don't read if you don't like sad things https://www.fimfiction.net/story/148580/hell-never-leave-me)if these girls are anything like their pony counterparts they all have serious mental issues. Twilight has regular stress breakdowns, Pinky started talking to inanimate objects when she thought her friends were rejecting her, Rarity regularly falls apart over many things (such as the manehattan incident "I don't even know what ponies are supposed to wallow in"), Fluttershy is borderline phobic on some issues and then there have been her overagression moments "If anything happens to them Twilight so help me" or "Your going to LOVE me!", Rainbow Dash tried to stop winter and sabotauged Cloudsdales weather factory for Tank and Applejack drove herself into the ground rather than ask for help during Applebuck season.

I did like Bulks happy kiss of his dog after her interview, not entirely sure what Trixies was.

I don't think Apple Bloom looks older compared to her other Equestria Girls versions though she does appear to be older than her pony counterpart who's still mostly being drawn as a filly.

Edited by Senko

This was a very cute short thanks to Fluttershy, and it was nice to see that Rainbow brought Tank to the competition, and Applejack was happy to see Winona there as well.

• 6 months later...

This short was not the best.  Coming off of Game Stream, this short is underwhelming and it doesn't help that we have already had a funny Applejack/Rarity short and a funny Sunset/Fluttershy short.  At least it was interesting to hear what the pets had to say, but I wouldn't watch this short again.