Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv Naked and Afraid

Venomous

Is anyone else a fan of the series Naked and Afraid that airs on Discovery channel? For those of you unfamiliar, it’s about a camera crew that follows two individuals as they attempt to survive in the wild fir 21 days and they are without clothes. I have been watching it since its first season.

1 hour ago, Califorum said:

I never understood the concept of a thing like that, why people would humiliate themselves like that.

I agreed, but at the end of the day it’s all for the money and short-lived fame.

• Brohoof 1

23 hours ago, Califorum said:

I never understood the concept of a thing like that, why people would humiliate themselves like that.

The show is basically Man vs. Wild on hard mode. Once you're ready to take that on, you really don't care who sees you naked.

OP, I genuinely expected it to be complete garbage upon my initial viewing, but it turned out to be pretty alright. Not even a fan of gameshows, but the execution here worked wonders for what was essentially an incredibly asinine idea from a conceptual standpoint. That being said, I only watched maybe around 3 episodes max, several years ago, therefore, I must withhold judgment over any potential misdirection the series has taken since then.