Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Mane 6 seem to be killing the franchise

ManaMinori

I think this proves a lot http://paradise-estate.tumblr.com/post/183146047227/what-about-the-people-who-are-new-to-the-series

In 2010, there were 27 variants of the A cast (mane 6 + Princesses) released, and only 1 pony of the B cast (outside of the main 6), which was Sweetie Belle.

In 2011, the A cast had 22 releases, while the B cast had 11. Unique ponies that didn't fall into either category numbered 27.

In 2017, A cast had a whopping 149 (if you didn't count the Princesses) variants released. B cast had 24 variants, and Uniques only had 21. 149 repeats of the mane cast vs 49 non-mane 6.

That's ridiculous.

all data and pics provided here: http://paradise-estate.tumblr.com/

12 minutes ago, Nightmare Muffin said:

I think this proves a lot http://paradise-estate.tumblr.com/post/183146047227/what-about-the-people-who-are-new-to-the-series

In 2010, there were 27 variants of the A cast (mane 6 + Princesses) released, and only 1 pony of the B cast (outside of the main 6), which was Sweetie Belle.

In 2011, the A cast had 22 releases, while the B cast had 11. Unique ponies that didn't fall into either category numbered 27.

In 2017, A cast had a whopping 149 (if you didn't count the Princesses) variants released. B cast had 24 variants, and Uniques only had 21. 149 repeats of the mane cast vs 49 non-mane 6.

That's ridiculous.

all data and pics provided here: http://paradise-estate.tumblr.com/

I'm not into toys or figures, but it seems like:

a. You can, of course, see it as you put it...

or

b. You can see it as:

- 2010: 1 non-mane pony.

- 2011: 38 non-mane pony.

- 2017: 45 non-mane pony (don't know where did you got those extra 4).

From my perspective, all those stats show is that the variants of the MLP toys/figures have really grown.

2 minutes ago, DonMaguz said:

I'm not into toys or figures, but it seems like:

a. You can, of course, see it as you put it...

or

b. You can see it as:

- 2010: 1 non-mane pony.

- 2011: 38 non-mane pony.

- 2017: 45 non-mane pony (don't know where did you got those extra 4).

From my perspective, all those stats show is that the variants of the MLP toys/figures have really grown.

but so have the mane 6 /  Princess rehashes. They haven't really gone down. And what's worse, you need to purchase the mane 6 to even get those unique ponies, because they're unfairly packaged with the rehashes- if  you can find them stocked, at all.

10 minutes ago, Nightmare Muffin said:

but so have the mane 6 /  Princess rehashes. They haven't really gone down. And what's worse, you need to purchase the mane 6 to even get those unique ponies, because they're unfairly packaged with the rehashes- if  you can find them stocked, at all.

Ohh, I think I see your point... it's not so much the variants of Toys/Figures, but the flooding stock of mane 6 what makes the rest of ponies virtually unavailable?

I've seen tweets about it even within the mane 6, mainly about Funko not having Rarity and AJ.

(edited)
7 minutes ago, DonMaguz said:

Ohh, I think I see your point... it's not so much the variants of Toys/Figures, but the flooding stock of mane 6 what makes the rest of ponies virtually unavailable?

I've seen tweets about it even within the mane 6, mainly about Funko not having Rarity and AJ.

yes! And this is just counting pony brushables. Not EG, or blind bags plushies, GoH, etc., so you can only imagine how much higher the rehash number with them jumps, if you include them.

Edited by Nightmare Muffin