Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

So has everyone forgot about PonyMC/PoniArcade?

modbuster

I have noticed in the last couple years that the server attendance for play.poniarcade.com has gone down drastically. Is there some way to advertise the server again or a way to donate? We need people on, and would like to see the numbers back up to where they were back in 2014, maybe this thread will attract some much needed attention.

Please let me know if there is a way we can attract people to come without spamming it into popular videos 

Speaking of videos. You could always make your own vid and spread it around, although Creative being down (or glitchy) due to tests would definitely be a problem for that.

Maybe showing off the texture/skin pack, how the plugins change gameplay (weather potions, crafting mob eggs making some farms easier...), the Equestria server if it still works, etc.

Most videos I could find on YouTube are 2-3 years old, some stuff has happened since.

• 1 month later...

That is the hard part...people don't really want to invest time if it's going to be blown away soon. I'm kinda' in the same boat - I'll play around here and there, but I won't be doing any big builds until the next rollover.

By the sound of staff there might be no update at all.

Kayda: There's a thread, but we're not upgrading for a long while. The server is no longer dev supported. It's staying like it is until further notice.

10 hours ago, Johnny4life said:

By the sound of staff there might be no update at all.

Hmm, that's highly unfortunate. In some ways this feels like an unintentional self fulfilling prophecy - everyone halts their work temporarily due to scheduled updates, but then the server shuts down due to a low player base...caused by the indefinite waiting period for the aforementioned scheduled updates.  

Edited by CloudFyre

• 2 weeks later...

I think the problem of this server is not really the updates or the lack of updates. It's more the destruction of player's builds which happens at each updates, this policy caused numerous others servers to die, and i talk by experience !

I know this server allows player to port over builds, but the problem with this is how the limitations are set: the more you build, the more you loose, so it discourage players to invest time in big builds when they reach the limit.
Also the big issue is the "anti city" policy: why refusing to port over several buildings if they are under the block limitation ?
Cities are communities inside community of the server, they bring activity and keep the server alive, having a pro city policy would helps the server a lot !

Maybe the time has come to realize how much damages the resets did to the server's activity, drop them and allows players victims* of this to come back with their build/cities.

*large builds destroyed and some players were banned because they complained.

• 10 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 3/31/2020 at 6:40 AM, The Cheerful Pony said:

I just learned of the server yesterday from watching an old youtube video by TheLostExtras but when I joined, it was still not updated even though their message of the day said "Yay, we're on 1.14!"

When I was on there last I think it was 1.14 not many people were on poniarcade at that point. I will have to start playing again sometime. ^^